Absolutely Free Support Services
Canon is one of the leading printer companies that deliver high-quality and production printers. These printers are highly demanded in the market for their high performance and reliability. But, sometimes you may face an error on the screen as ‘Canon Support Code 6000’. As we all know that electronic machines may be subject to failure, so is Canon Printers. There can be several reasons for this problem such as blockage due to dust particles, pins, paper pieces, multiple printing commands, and much more. You need to configure the exact reason for the problem and then follow up with the desired solution to deal with the problem.
Why My Printer Shows Canon Support Code 6000 Error?
Canon printers may sometimes show a 6000 error code for which you need to deal with the proper solution. You may face printing issues, or you may not be able to print the file or document when you face this issue. The main causes of the problem can be:
- Firstly, it can be due to dust particles, and other objects.
- Secondly, the error code can be due to a paper jamming issue.
- Multiple printing commands at the same time.
- Other documents avoid page ventilation of the fans.
- Sensors are not working accurately.
Moreover, for all these reasons you need to follow up with different troubleshooting steps. Also, you must be familiar with the fact that error code 6000 mainly occurs due to dust particles and other objects. Therefore, we recommend you first follow the cleaning steps and then head over to other steps.
troubleshooting and Resolving Canon Support Code 6000
There are various steps that the user can follow to deal with the problem. Thus, you may proceed with the printing jobs successfully. Follow the steps below to resolve the problem.
Cleaning the Paper Tray
Firstly, we will proceed with cleaning the paper feed tray of the printer. Follow the steps below to clean
- Open the lid and the feed tray of the printer.
- Now, remove all the papers from the input tray.
- Check the inside portion of the paper tray. There must be no torn papers stuck and other objects inside it.
- After that, place the input tray and close the lid properly.
- Finally, check for the solution of the problem Canon Support Code 6000.
Resetting the Printer
You can also resolve the issue by resetting the printer. Follow the steps below to resolve the error code 6000 in your Canon printer.
- Firstly, switch OFF the printer and unplug it from the main power source.
- Now, wait for a few seconds and plug it back in again.
- After that, switch ON the printer again.
- Now, press the power button and hold it till the activation of the printer.
- Wait for a few seconds and then click the power button two times.
- Repeat this step two to three times.
- After that, release the power button slowly.
- Check for the solution of the problem Canon Support Code 6000.
Related: Canon support code 1403
Resolving the Paper Jam Issue
At the next step, we will try to get the solution to the problem by clearing the paper jam issue with the printer. Follow the steps below for it.
- Firstly, open the door of the roller to reach the paper that is stuck in the machine.
- Check for the paper and pull it out properly.
- If you are not able to pull the paper out with your hands, then use the service mode of the machine to access the paper.
- After removing the paper, check for any residue or leftover paper inside the machine.
- Assemble the roller again.
- Finally, check for the solution of the problem ‘Canon Support Code 6000’.
Updating the Driver of Printer
You may also face Canon 600 error code if your device driver is outdated. So, follow the steps below to update the driver.
- Firstly, go to the start menu.
- After that, write Device Manager to search for it and click it to open.
- Now, expand the ‘Network Adapter’ section.
- Click on the name of the device you are using.
- Now, right-click on the icon of the printer.
- Then, click on the option ‘Update Driver.
- Check the box for ‘Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Hit the OK button, and after that wait for a few seconds.
- Switch ON the device and check for the solution of the problem Canon Support Code 6000.
Paper scanning is another reason for the Canon Support Code 6000 problem. Follow the steps below to resolve the problem.
- Firstly, go to the Printer window.
- After that, click on the system preferences.
- Now, click on the option for Printer properties.
- After that, click on the ‘Advanced’ option.
- Lastly, click on the ‘Paper size’ to configure the size and resolve the problem.
Check the printer Installation
Another main reason for the problem is printer installation is not proper. So, you need to check if you have configured the proper installation of the printer or not. Follow the steps below to resolve the problem Canon Support Code 6000.
- Firstly, go to the start menu and click on Settings.
- After that, click on Devices.
- Now, navigate to “printer and scanner”.
- Check out the name of the printer you are using.
- If the list does not show the name of the printer, then you can use the Add button to add the printer.
- Wait for the processing, and the screen will show the name of your printer.
- After that, click on it.
- Check for the connection status of the printer.
- Finally, check for the solution to the problem.
If you need more help then check our canon printer support team.