Canon G2000 printer is a multifunctional color printer that comes up with an ink tank system for high-speed printing jobs. You can use this printer to print, scan and copy the files. In addition, the printer is good for use at home, offices, and shops. The inkjet system makes it reliable and fast to work. However, there are certain situations when you may face an error as Cartridge Cannot Be Recognized Canon G2000. It can be due to the printer not detecting the ink or toner, dirty or damaged cartridges, incompatible cartridges, and much more. Here we will discuss how to deal with this error and work accurately with the Canon G2000 printer.
Why does My Canon Printer Not Recognize Ink Cartridge?
There can be several factors responsible for Cartridge Cannot Be Recognized Canon G2000. You need to first configure out the exact reason for the problem and then follow the steps to troubleshoot the problem. So, here are the possible factors responsible for this error:
- Memory is not reset for new cartridge: When we install a new cartridge, the Canon G2000 automatically detects it and resets the memory. But, sometimes the printer may fail to reset the new cartridge and display the error.
- Protective tapes may interfere if not removed: While working with the printer for the first time, you need to first remove all of its protective tapes. Also, when you use any cartridge for the first time, you need to remove the protective tape. Otherwise, it may show an error as the cartridge is not recognized.
- Dirty or Damaged Metal Contacts: In case any of the metal contacts have dust particles or are damaged, then you may face the issue while printing.
- Pending Updates: In case of any pending software updates for your printer, it will show an error or failure.
- Ink Cartridge Not Inserted Properly: If you do not insert the ink cartridge properly at its slot, then the screen will show Cartridge Cannot Be Recognized Canon G2000 error.
Apart from these factors, there are certainly other factors that may be less likely to be responsible. You can work on the troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem.
How to Fix Cartridge Cannot Be Recognized Canon G2000
The user has to configure the problem with the printer to work on the solution. Here are certain steps that you can perform and check for the solution to the problem. After that, you can work efficiently with the printer without any failure or error. So, follow the steps below:
Resetting the Printer Memory
Resetting the printer memory is required if there no automatic reset has been done earlier. So, follow the steps below to reset the internal memory after using the new cartridge:
- Firstly, take off the new cartridge that you have used and replace it with the old cartridge.
- Now, again take off the old cartridge and then place the new one. Check for the solution to the problem after this step as the printer may now recognize your cartridge and may no longer display the Cartridge Cannot Be Recognized Canon G2000 error.
- If still facing the same issue, remove the new cartridge. Clean the cartridge slot thoroughly.
- After that, switch OFF the printer.
- Then, unplug the printer from the main power source, and after that plug it back again after waiting a few seconds.
- Insert the new cartridge and finally switch ON the printer.
Clean the Metal Contacts
Sometimes the dirty metal contacts are also responsible for the failure of the cartridge to be recognized. So, you need to clean the metal contacts thoroughly for success. Follow the steps below:
- Firstly, switch OFF the printer and unplug it from the main power source.
- After that, remove the ink cartridge and place its side on a flat surface.
- Now, search for the metal contacts on the cartridge.
- Now, check for the printer’s internal parts.
- After that, take a dry cloth and wipe the contacts of the printer to remove the dust or dirt particles.
- After that replace the cartridge properly and place it at their respective slots.
- Turn ON the printer lastly and give the printing command to check for the solution of Cartridge Cannot Be Recognized Canon G2000.
Update the Printer’s Software
Also, the pending updates of the printer software may restrict its functionality and display errors while printing. So, check for the pending updates and perform the updates from the official and authorized sites. After downloading the updates and installing them accurately, check for the solution to the cartridge problem you are facing with Canon G2000.
Use Compatible Cartridges
The best option is to purchase and use only Canon cartridges for uninterrupted services. Also, if you are not using the Canon cartridges, then use only those that are compatible with your printer. If the cartridges are n not compatible, then it may show a Cartridge Cannot Be Recognized Canon G2000 error.
Check the ink levels of the Cartridges
In case of low ink levels also the printer may show a cartridge issue. So, you need to open the cartridge and check the ink levels of each of them. In case of any low level of the ink cartridge, replace it with the new one and then check for the solution to the problem.
Contact Canon Customer Care Executive
After performing all these troubleshooting steps, if you still face Cartridge Cannot Be Recognized Canon G2000 error, then you must contact the Canon customer care service phone number. Discuss the issue with the professional agent and take the help and guidance for resolving the problem. The toll-free phone number is 1860 180 3366. The assistants are present 24 hours a day, seven days a week for the help of their customers. You can call anytime or schedule a booking for your service. The Canon executive will make your printer work properly without letting you face any errors. Alternatively, you can also send an email to the executive for resolving your issue.
More helpful guide: