Absolutely Free Support Services
Canon printers are famous for their outstanding services, including printing, scanning, and copying. You can use these printers for high-quality digital prints. But, sometimes the tech devices may face some issues. Canon printers may also get stuck in certain tasks and are unable to perform them as well. Also, you may face difficulties to resolve the issues anyhow. In such cases, the users may prefer to perform Reset Canon Printer. Resetting the printer may help you to resolve most of the errors and problems with the device. After resetting, the user will get the device running with out-of-the-box settings.
How Can I Reset Canon Printer?
After you perform the canon reset, you can get the entire functionality back when you run your printer for the first time. You may also get help to deal with the issues and problems with your device. If you face any printing, connection, unresponsive or online issue with the printer, then the reset will work to fix the problem. There are various methods to perform the reset, such as:
- Power Reset
- Ink Reset
- Hard Reset
- Factory Reset
All these methods of performing the reset can help to tackle different problems. In most of the reset, all the data is lost and the device runs like new. While, in some methods, you may be able to retain a little information back.
How To Perform Power Reset Canon Printer?
Power reset is the easiest and soft reset which can help to bring the printer back to its original functionality. Follow the steps below for a power reset of the printer.
- Firstly, turn OFF the printer.
- Then, remove the power cable from the main power source.
- Make sure to disconnect the device completely.
- After that, plug in the printer back again.
- The printer will go through its power reset.
- Turn ON the printer again.
- Lastly, print the test page to check for the solution to the problem.
The power reset mostly helps you to resolve the printing issues and other connection issues you may face in your daily work.
Related: How to reset dell printer
How To Perform Ink Resetting The Canon Printer
Canon Printer Inkjet models tell the user to refill the ink cartridges when they are running out of ink. So, the replacement of these new ink cartridges may affect the functioning of the printer if you do not perform it all well. In such a case, you need to perform the Ink Reset Canon Printer. Follow the steps below for it:
- Firstly, remove the ink cartridges from the printer.
- After that, place the cartridges into the main mechanism.
- Now, check the chip of the cartridge. It must work well. Also, make sure that it is placed in proper contact with the resetter.
- After that, hold the ink cartridge properly and wait for a few seconds till you configure the LED light to flash.
- Now, keep on holding the ink cartridge until the LED light comes in a steady state.
- After that, remove softly the ink cartridge from the resetter.
- Follow the same process to all the ink cartridges that need replacement.
- Lastly, place the cartridge properly in the printer’s slot.
- It completes the Ink Reset Canon Printer.
You can resolve any issue relating to the ink levels or the printing tasks using this reset. Perform the reset without missing any steps for successful results.
Related: How to reset samsung printer
How To Perform Factory Reset Canon Printer – Canon Printer Hard Reset
Factory reset is an important part of the printer reset process. It helps to deal with all the problems that you may encounter anytime in your printer. It helps you to resolve the issue by factory reset. Also, you must take care to perform the factory reset of all other troubleshooting fixes that fail to resolve the problem. Follow the steps below for Factory Reset Canon Printer.
- Firstly, click on the ‘Stop’ button. Wait for the alarm to ring on the printer.
- After that, wait for the alarm to ring 20 times and release the stop button.
- It performs the factory reset of the device.
- The printer now applies to its initial settings and functionalities.
- You can connect the device again with the printer for the tasks.
- Also, you need to reinstall the printer driver and software package.
There is another method by which you can perform the factory Reset Canon Printer. Follow the steps below for it:
- Switch ON your Canon Printer, and click on the setup button.
- After that, use the arrow keys to navigate to the ‘Device settings’ option.
- Click the OK button.
- Again use the arrow keys to navigate to the ‘Reset Settings’ option.
- Click the OK button.
- After that, go to the ‘Reset all’ option.
- Click the OK button. Then, click the Yes button.
- Wait for the printer to reset.
- Restart the printer.
You can now use the printer with fresh settings and functionalities from scratch. Also, check for the solution of the problem you were facing earlier before the restart if any.
How To Reset Canon Printer Without Software?
There is a simple process to reset the Canon printer without any use of the software. Follow the steps below:
- Firstly, turn ON the Canon Printer.
- Now, connect the printer to your device, computer, desktop, laptop, or any other.
- After that, turn the printer OFF by pressing its power button.
- Now, press and hold the ‘Stop’ button for at least 3 seconds.
- While you are holding the stop button, press the power button simultaneously for 3 seconds.
- Release the Stop button.
- With the power button still holding, press and hold the stop button for five seconds.
- After that, release the power button.
It now reset the printer completely. You can now work with the initial functionalities of the printer. If you need more help then get in touch with canon printer support team for help.