Absolutely Free Support Services
Zebra Printer is a high utility printer that works well for Android, Windows, iPhone and iPads. It allows portable printing for higher accuracy and productivity. You can print the barcode labels, RFID tags, receipts and a lot more. It is based on the direct thermal technology that creates the images directly. It means, the printer do not use any ink, toner or other material to print the image. It uses thermal printhead and chemical treatment to print the images. Users can perform a simple procedure for Zebra Printer Setup to start with the printing task. It accepts both wired setup and Zebra Printer Wireless Setup process.
Device Compatibility for Zebra Printer Setup
To work with maximum success for the Zebra Printer Wireless Setup, there is a great need to check the compatibility of the device which you want to connect with your computer. If the device is incompatible, then you may face failure during the setup process and not able to proceed with the setup. Check the system requirements for your device below:
|Device or Operating System||Requirements|
|Android||Version 5.1, 6.x, 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, 11.x|
|iPad or iPhones||iOS 12.x, iOS 13.x, iOS 14.x|
|Windows||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10|
If the device matches one of these requirements, then you can successfully download the drivers corresponding to the Zebra Printer and connect it with the system for handling the printing tasks.
Driver Download and Installation Using Zebra Setup Utilities
If you want to use the printer directly from commanding from the system, then you have to first make your device ready for it. It is strictly required to download and install the driver relating to the printer’s model and version. It will lead to successful printing without any error or system failures in future. Follow the steps below to install the drivers for Windows.
- Unpack the printer by removing it from the box and un-taping it. Do not connect the Printer directly to the power source.
- Switch ON your computer first and connect it with the high speed internet connection.
- Visit the official Zebra website at www.zebra.com/setup
- Click on the Download button next to Zebra Printer Setup Utilities.
- Wait for the download to complete
- Click on the downloaded executable file to run it.
- The system screen will show a prompt for running the file. Click on the ‘Yes’ button.
- Go with the flow of instructions. Keep on pressing the Next button.
- When the wizard shows an option for selecting the Printer, then click on the model number and resolution. You can check these details in the sticker on your Printer.
- It might be written in the form of XXXXXxY – xxxxxxxx. Here, XXXXX will be the Printer model number and Y is the Printer’s resolution.
- Now, choose the port corresponding to your Printer.
- Click on the Next button.
- Finish the process without any error message on the screen.
- Click on the ‘Finish’ button on the computer screen. It completes the installation process for the Zebra Printer Setup.
- Now, connect the Printer with the main power source. Switch it ON and check the LED light for the stability.
Zebra Printer Wireless Setup – Connect Your Device Wirelessly with the Printer Using a Network Connection
You can connect the zebra printer either using a USB or using a wireless network. Both the connection methods works well for the printing task. But, wired connection has some of its limitations like you cannot print remotely, there can be hardware issues, loose connection issues, etc. Therefore, it is more preferable to use the wireless connection process due to its reliable and effective connectivity. The main thing that you have to maintain is the active internet connection. Also, make sure to connect both the devices over a same network for the successful connection between the computer and the Printer.
Requirements for Wireless Zebra Printer Setup
- Zebra Setup Utility
- ZebraNet Bridge
- ZebraNet Print Server Web Page
- Installed Drivers
- Active Internet Connection
Follow the Steps for Zebra Printer Wireless Setup
- Download and Install the Zebra Setup Utilities as in the above step.
- Run the setup wizard.
- Follow the instructions, and when the screen displays an option to choose the connection method between the Hub and the USB code. Choose the signal that is next to the USB cord.
- Connect the Printer with the power source and switch it ON using its power button.
- Go to Zebra Setup Utilities Installed screen, click on the option ‘Configure Printer Connectivity’.
- Click on the ‘Finish’ button on the computer screen.
- Click on the remote button for the ‘Wireless’ option.
- Click on the next button to continue the Zebra Printer Setup Wireless connection process.
- Now, choose the connection process you want to follow. Whether the DHCP (dynamic), or using an IP address (Permanent) method.
- Click on the next button to continue.
- In case you choose an IP address method, then the screen will ask you for some other details like IP address, subnet mask and default gateway that you wish to choose.
- Click on the next button.
- Select the band relating to your network from the drop down menu.
- Click on the next button.
- Now, choose your country and hit the next button.
- Enter the ESSID number.
- Select the security mode from the drop down list.
- Choose the security mode as ‘Hex’.
- Click on the Next button.
- Click on the ‘Printer’, and finally hit the ‘Finish’ button to complete the Zebra Printer Setup process.
It now completes the Zebra Printer Wireless Setup process for the printer. You can now start with the printing task if the screen does not show any error upon the completion of the process. If there is an error message on the screen, then you have to first follow up with the troubleshooting process for Zebra Printer Setup.