Canon g2020 Setup
Call USA +1-805-329-3880
Absolutely Free Support Services
Canon g2020 comes up with an ink tank refill system that supports the requirements of a multifunctional Printer. You can use this Printer for Print, Scan and copy functions. It supports fast, reliable and cost-friendly printing solutions. To use the Printer and get its benefits, you have to first perform Canon g2020 Setup. It supports both wired as well as wireless connections. The wireless connection is more preferable as it is reliable, and you can give the printing commands even remotely. Here we will be discussing the complete procedure to set up your Printer entirely including, Canon g2020 WIFI Setup. You need to assemble the Printer and the Computer at the first step to proceed with the setup process.
Device Compatibility – System Requirements for Canon g2020 Setup
To set up the Printer using the wired connection or the wireless connection, there is a great need to first check if the system is compatible with the Printer or not. If the system is not compatible, then there are chances of failure in the Setup process. For the system to be compatible, it must meet the requirements below:
|Windows Operating System||Mac Operating System||Other Operating System|
|Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1||Mac OS 10.12.6 to 10.15||Chrome OS|
|Hard Disk: 1.5GB or more|
|Windows Server 2022, 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008|
Steps to perform Canon g2020 Setup – Complete Guidelines
Follow the steps below for Canon g2020 Setup. Make sure that you check the system requirements before proceeding with the setup process.
- Starting the Wizard
- Navigate to the Control Panel.
- Move to the section ‘Devices and Printers’.
- Click on the option ‘Add a Printer’.
- The screen will open up a window with ‘Add a Printer’.
- Adding a Printer
- To add a Printer, click the icon you can relate to your Printer.
- Click on the Next button.
- Click on the network option to configure it.
- Click on the Next button if you can successfully relate to the server.
- Canon g2020 WIFI Setup completion
- Go with the flow of instruction and click the Finish button at last.
- Navigate to ‘Devices and Printers’ to check the icon for the shared connection between the Printer and the computer.
- It now completes the Canon g2020 Setup process for final printing.
The Canon g2020 Setup is incomplete without proper installation of the driver and software package. So we will now proceed to download and install the driver to make the Printer work precisely with the computer.
Related: Canon g3000 setup
Download and Install Drivers For Canon g2020 Setup
Arrange a high-speed internet connection and a computer which you want to connect with the Printer for print, copy and scan commands. Make sure that the system is compatible with the Printer and meet its requirements. Perform the step below to proceed with the installation of the software and driver package.
- Switch ON the computer, and connect it with the high-speed internet connection. Make sure to use the same network with which you are connecting your Printer.
- Now, go online on the official website of Canon Printers.
- Locate and navigate to ‘Drivers and Software.
- Enter the name and model number of your Printer as Canon g2020 Setup.
- The screen will display a list of Driver that is suitable for your Printer.
- Download the Software and Driver Package by clicking on the Download button.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- As soon as the download finishes, click on the link to open the file and begin the installation process.
- Go with the flow of the instructions. If the screen prompts you for the installation, then click on the “Yes” button.
- Finally, complete the installation process by hitting the ‘Finish’ button successfully.
After completing the installations you can now perform the Canon g2020 WIFI Setup or the wired setup depending upon the suitability.
How to Connect Canon g2020 Printer Wirelessly – Canon g2020 WIFI Setup
For the connection process, you have to make sure that both the Printer and the computer is connecting to the same network connection. Now perform the steps below:
- Check the WPS button on the Printer panel.
- Check the security standards for the Network. It must correspond to WPA or WPA2.
- Turn ON your Printer.
- Press the WIFI button and hold it for a few seconds.
- Wait for the light to flash.
- As the LED light goes blue, move to the access point and click on the WPS button.
- The Printer will search for the connection and flashes its LED light.
- Now, check the lights corresponding to the power button and the WIFI button. It must glow to denote the connection.
- As soon as the light stops flashing and glows brightly, it denotes the successful connection.
Related: Canon g3010 setup
Canon g2020 Setup – Wired Connection Using USB Cable
If you face any issue with the Canon g2020 WIFI Setup, then you can perform the wired connection process for the Printer. To connect the Printer and the Computer using a USB cable, arrange the cable that is not damaged and is fresh to start with. Follow the steps below:
- Switch ON your Printer and the Computer.
- Take the USB cable. Connect one end of the cable to the Computer and the other end to the Printer.
- Wait for the connection to establish. Make sure that the ports are working accurately and are not damaged.
- The computer screen will show the connection process.
- Go with the flow of the instruction.
- Click on Add a Printer
- Add the Printer by hitting the name of your Printer.
- Check for success.
Canon g2020 WIFI Setup is much more preferable and reliable as compared to the wired connection process. You do not have to worry about any hardware faults in the wireless connection process. Also, you can remotely access the Printer from your computer.
After a successful connection with the Printer, you can print the test page to confirm the Canon g2020 Setup. If the test page prints successfully, it means a successful connection is built between the Printer and the Computer. If the test page fails to print then you have to follow up with the troubleshooting process to resolve the error and proceed with the Setup. If you need more help then contact canon printer support team.