HP Envy 5530 is an all-in-one printer fitted with the best of multifunctional features to deliver you a fast and rich print output for your tasks at home or office. It is equipped with a clear multicolour LCD screen that enables controls for borderless and duplex printing according to your needs. Its unique features include scan to email and all standards of wireless printing with easy interface for any type of user. HP Envy 5530 Not Printing is a rarity that has some easy solutions.
Why is my HP Envy 5530 printing blank pages?
Solution one: Remove the black cartridge
In case you have just configured your HP Envy 5530 printer and you find that the black ink is missing or faded on your document printouts, you need to follow these steps. This makes your printer to function in a single-cartridge mode that creates a black colour from the composite tri-colour cartridge to resolve the HP Envy 5530 Not Printing issue.
- Switch on the HP printer.
- Look for the slots on the right and left sides of the HP Envy 5530 printer.
- Gently lift up and open the access door of the cartridge. This makes carriage to move to the cartridge access area.
- Wait for the carriage to halt.
- Pull up the lid on the slot of the cartridge and gently push the lid back to free the cartridge for pull up.
- Lift the black cartridge from its slot to remove it.
- Put the black cartridge aside, nozzles directed upwards.
- Shut the cartridge access door.
- Try the print task to see of the HP Envy 5530 Not Printing issue has been resolved with success.
If the printer moves properly in single-cartridge mode, allow the black cartridge to for a few hours, reinstall it, and then try to print with it again. If it does print well, you can stop troubleshooting.
Solution two: Using genuine HP cartridges
HP always recommends that you must use original HP toner or ink for any of its printers. It does not pledge the quality or reliability of refilled or non-HP cartridges. In case you fail to use genuine HP cartridges, the steps here might not resolve the not printing problem. To see whether your cartridges is genuine or not, you must go to the HP anti-counterfeit webpage. It is always better to purchase replacement cartridges and other HP supplies from HP Stores to avoid HP Envy 5530 Not Printing issues.
Related: Fix HP envy 5055 not printing
Solution three: Checking ink levels, and then replacing low or empty cartridges
Low or no ink can lead to poor quality printing or no printing at all. Follow these steps to check the level of ink, and then replace any empty or low cartridges.
Step 1: Check ink levels
- From the screen on the HP Envy 5530 printer control panel, touch the Ink icon. The HP Envy control panel shows the estimated level of ink.
- Find any cartridge that has low or no ink and continue to the next step.
- If no ink cartridge is low on ink, you don’t need to replace them for now. Move to the next solution.
- If any of the HP printer ink cartridge is low on ink, move to the next step to replace them to get rid of the HP Envy 5530 Not Printing issue.
Step 2: Replacing any low or empty cartridges
Follow the below-mentioned steps to replace any low or empty cartridges.
- Press the Power button to switch on the printer.
- Lift up the lid of the scanner.
- Now, lift the cartridge access door to open it. Wait until the moving carriage stops before continuing.
- To free up the cartridge, pull the lid in the slot of the cartridge and then push the lid back until it stops.
- Pull up the cartridge to release it from its place.
- Unpackage the new cartridge and pull up the tab to remove the tape.
- Grab the HP ink cartridge at an up facing angle with the cartridge facing the back of the printer, and then press the cartridge into the empty slot as a step to resolve the HP Envy 5530 Not Printing issue.
- Close the cartridge lid to secure the cartridge into its place tightly.
- You can repeat these steps to install other cartridges on the HP Envy 5530 printer, if necessary.
- Close the cartridge access door as well as the scanner lid.
- Now, follow the instructions on the control panel to begin the alignment of the cartridge. The HP Envy 5530 printer aligns the cartridges and prints an alignment page quickly to see if your no printing issue has been resolved.
Solution four: Cleaning the printhead
You need to follow these steps to for HP Envy printhead cleaning;
- On the control panel of your HP Envy 5530 printer, touch the Settings icon.
- Tap on tools functionality and then touch the clean Printhead feature. The printer by itself starts cleaning the printhead, and then prints a page to test.
- See the quality of the print of the page.
- With print happening with a decent enough quality, tap on Done.
- In case the print quality is not good enough, touch on Clean Again. The printer does it again to clean the cartridges with a test page printing resolving HP Envy 5530 Not Printing issue in the process.
Solution five: Replacing the problem cartridge
If printhead cleaning does not resolve the issue, then follow these steps to recognize and remove the troublesome cartridge.
If you have a faulty cartridge or printhead, you may check the warranty for the same before you go ahead with the next step.
- Power on the printer and open the scanner lid.
- Open the door for the cartridge access. The carriage starts moving. Wait until the carriage stops before doing anything further.
- To release the ink cartridge in the HP Envy 5530 printer, lift the cartridge slot lid and then push the lid back gently till it stops.
- Pull up the cartridge to remove it from its slot.
- Unpack the new ink cartridge of your HP Envy 5530 printer, and then pull up the tab to remove the tape.
- Hold the cartridge with an upward tilt with the cartridge facing the back of the printer. Then push the cartridge into the empty cartridge slot.
- Now, close the lid on the ink cartridge slot to firmly place the cartridge into its slot.
- You can repeat the above-mentioned steps to put in the other cartridges, if needed to resolve the HP Envy 5530 Not Printing issue.
- Close the cartridge access door as well as the scanner lid of your printer.
- Follow the instructions on your control panel to begin the cartridge alignment. The HP Envy 5530 printer now aligns the cartridges and prints an alignment page.
Related: HP DeskJet 2540 Not Printing
Solution six: Service the HP Envy 5530 printer
The best way to go about to resolve your no printing issue with your HP printer even when you have gone through thee above steps is to Service or replace your HP product if the issue persists.
Contact HP printer setup to arrange appointment for a printer repair or replacement. Confirm your warranty status at the HP Product Warranty Check webpage to avoid any repair fees and let them troubleshoot your HP Envy 5530 Not Printing issue.