HP Printer Keeps Printing Old Document is a one-stop solution for all your printer issues
HP Printer Keeps Printing Old Document
Call USA +1-805-329-3880
Absolutely Free Support Services
HP printers are mostly all-in-one printers that produce high-quality prints at affordable costs. HP printer sets up easily on any system and offers versatility that works to your advantage with a seamless print, scan, and copy experience for your office or home tasks. HP Printer Keeps Printing Old Document issue happens usually when there is some missing or corrupt file in your printer drivers/print spooler. However, the issue could be more complex and we suggest a few methods to check and try if it resolves the issue.
Some Useful Steps To Stop Your HP Printer From Printing Old Documents
Step 1: Cancel the print task
Firstly, you need to cancel the print task in the queue before going ahead with a printer reset to resolve the HP Printer Keeps Printing Old Document issue.
In Windows system, search and open the Control Panel.
- Click view devices and printers under Hardware and Sound link.
- Point and perform double-click on the HP printer icon, and then again double-click to check in the “See What’s Printing” section. This opens the print queue.
- Next, click the print task you need to cancel, and then click Document.
- Click on Cancel, and then click on Yes to approve the selection.
NOTE: Now, in case the lights on your HP printer continue to glow in a blinking manner after you have cancelled the print task, the computer is still posting the tasks to the printer. For this, you can delete the task from the print queue or keep waiting till the computer ends sending information. Now, your HP printer comes back to its ready state. If it doesn’t help fix your issue, continue to the next step.
Related: Reset HP DeskJet GT 5820 Printer
Step 2: Reset the printer to resolve HP Printer Keeps Printing Old Document
It has been often found that resetting the HP printer often resolves many printing issues.
- Keeping your HP printer in turned on state, delink the power cord from the printer.
- Now, unplug the power cord from the power outlet.
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- Now, connect the power cord once again to the wall socket as well to the printer.
Try to print to see if it has resolved the issue. If the issue persists, continue to the next step.
Step 3: Execute the HP Print and Scan Doctor on your system
HP Printer Keeps Printing Old Document problem can be identified and resolved with the HP Print and Scan Doctor – a tool designed to resolve HP printing issues. Download and run this tool to automatically identify and resolve the issue. This is a free tool for Windows.
- Download HP Print and Scan Doctor from the HP printer official site.
- From the downloaded location on your computer, run the HPPSdr.exe file.
- Once you have opened the HP Print and Scan Doctor on your system, click on Start, and then select your HP printer model.
- In case your printer does not show listed, turn it on and click Retry.
Click on Fix Printing to resolve the HP Printer Keeps Printing Old Document
- You will find the Test results displayed with icons
- A checkmark symbol means your printer passed without any error.
- A wrench symbol indicated an issue was found and resolved.
- An exclamation mark says a test failed and was skipped.
- A X mark indicated that your HP printer has a problem and you need to fix it.
Now, try to print and see whether the problem occurs or not. Continue to the next step if it has not resolved to your satisfaction.
Step 4: Try printing from another program
Try printing from a software program other than the one which is causing the HP Printer Keeps Printing Old Document issue. This is to make sure that the issue is not related to any specific application.
- Launch any software program other than the one with which the issue happened. For instance, when you used a word document when the issue happened, try using a spreadsheet package application such as Microsoft Excel to print.
- Open a file within Excel, create a new document and print the file.
If this document in the alternate application prints without repeating the old documents software where the issue happened earlier might be the culprit.
- However, in case the new document also exhibits the same HP Printer Keeps Printing Old Document issue, continue to the next step.
Step 5: Connect your HP printer directly to your computer
In case your HP printer is connected to your computer through a USB hub or over a network, try connecting the printer straight to the computer with a USB cable.
- First, turn off the wireless signal if your HP printer is connected to a wireless network.
- Disconnect any Ethernet cables or USB from the printer as a next step in resolving the HP Printer Keeps Printing Old Document.
- Now, restart the HP printer by first turning the power off and then on.
- Next, connect the USB cable directly from the computer to the printer.
Now check with the issue. If the problem is still there, continue to the next step.
Step 6: Service the printer
Having completed all the preceding steps if you find the issue still unresolved, you can service or replace your HP product for something better.
Contact HP Customer Support to set an appointment for a product repair or replacement. This will finally help you get rid of HP Printer Keeps Printing Old Document issue.
For help contact hp printer support team.