Printer Needs User Intervention Windows 10– Fix The Error For Printing Without trouble
When the User Intervention message displays on your Windows PC and the printer does not print, this is an issue that needs rapid fixing. This is considering the fact that most individuals, as well as businesses, consider computer printers as a necessary device for their day to day tasks. Printers have helped us easily print hundreds of personal and work-related documents on a day-to-day basis. However, just like other electronic devices, Windows-based computer printers also tend to experience a few errors such as Printer Needs User Intervention Windows. This error message indicates that there is something wrong with the printer and it requires the users’ attention on an immediate basis.
The “Printer Needs User Intervention Windows” message may come up on your printer’s top or front panel display. The message sometimes also appears on your computer’s screen inside an error message dialog box. Below this message of error, you’ll find ways to resolve this issue, such as load paper, change to the proper toner cartridge, clearing paper jam within a certain component, or another message. This issue might be also be caused by a weak printer wireless connection, bad print jobs, or other underlying error conditions.In any case, the message “Printer Needs User Intervention Windows” is an error that requires immediate resolution to avoid fewer prints work as it stops any useful output from your printer. The error message is mostly found with laser printer brands that include HP laser printers.
Get rid of Printer Needs User Intervention Windows 10 issues right now
Outdated or corrupted drivers are major reasons for most of the printer problems, so you may need expert assistance in order to solve them. Download and install the driver updater tool to make sure you run the latest versions on your Windows computer.
Solution 1 – Restart the Print Application
The first error resolution step you can try is to try restarting the Print Spooler service to bring it back to its original condition. For this, this is what you need to do:
- Press combined keys of Windows Key+R and go to services.msc. Press Enter or click OK.
- Within the Services window, locate the Print Spooler service.
- Now you have to select Restart from the menu to get rid of the Printer Needs User Intervention Windows error.
Solution 2 – Run the Printer Troubleshooter
If the above-mentioned step of resetting the Printer service doesn’t solve your problem, we’ll try with Windows 10 universal troubleshooting tool.
To run the Windows 10 troubleshooter for resolving this printer issue, you need to follow these instructions:
- Open the Settings application window and move to the Update & Security option.
- Select ‘Troubleshoot’ from the menu on the left. Now, choose a printer from the right-side panel and click ‘Run the troubleshooter’.
Now you need to follow the instructions on-screen to complete the troubleshooter. This helps eliminate the Printer Needs User Intervention Windows error.
Solution 3 – Run the Hardware Troubleshooter
We can also add another help element by in the same manner with the hardware troubleshooter:
- Get to the Settings application window and go to the Update & Security area.
- Choose BSOD from the left-side menu.
- Go to ‘Hardware & devices’ from the right-side panel and click ‘Run’to activate the troubleshooter.
- Now, go on follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooter for getting rid of the Printer Needs User Intervention Windows error.
Solution 4 – Reinstalling the Printer Driver
It could be a case where something is wrong with the printer driver. To see if that’s indeed the case, let is reinstall it. Here’s how we can do it:
- First, we need to uninstall the printer driver via the Device Manager application. For this, we can open Cortana and enter Device Manager in the search box.
- Choose the Device Manager to open its window.
- Click on ‘Printers’ and then right-click your designated printer. Select Uninstall on the context menu and mouse click the OK button to let it happen.
- Now, when you restart your Windows laptop or desktop, Windows will automatically reinstall your updated driver for your printer. This will help to eliminate the Printer Needs User Intervention Windows error.
- Otherwise, you can manually install the current and updated driver by downloading it from your printer manufacturer’s website. For that, you need your printer model number specification to find the suitable driver for your printer, download it from any website and then go step-by-step through its setup wizard. This is expected to resolve the Printer Needs User Intervention Windows error.
Solution 5 – Update the Printer Driver
It is a possibility that reinstalling the printer driver may not help in getting rid of the above-mentioned error. Now, we need to check for more updates for the driver for your printer. Here are the steps on how to update the printer drivers in Windows 10:
- Right-click on the Start button and choose the Device Manager.
- Scroll and get to the Printer’s queues and stretch this section a bit further.
- Right-click your graphics area and open Properties.
- Select the ‘Details’ tab.
- Now, open HardwareIdsfrom the drop-down menu.
- Now you need to copy the upper row and paste it into the address bar of the browser.
- The search results that come up now shows you the exact device drivers that you need to install on your device. This is best expected to get your Printer Needs User Intervention Windows error away.
Call Our Helpdesk Executives
Our helpdesk is the best place to call when every do-it-yourself step that you might have chosen for your Printer Needs User Intervention Windows error has failed to get rid of the problem. Of course, we are a bunch of trained and certified executives that will make you go through all the necessary steps to help you see that your printer needs intervention error is gone easily and comprehensively forever.