HP Printer offers best-in-class services for printing, copying, and scanning files. These printers come in various models or series suitable for business and personal needs. HP Printers work reliably over a long period without many faults and failures. Here, we will discuss the complete guidelines for HP Printer Setup. The setup process comprises downloading and installing printer drivers, connecting printers using a wired or wireless connection, and printing the test page to check the success. The wireless connection is the most suitable for the setup process as there are fewer chances of hardware failures, and you can also print the documents remotely sitting at some other place.
Which are the Compatible Devices for HP Printer Setup?
For the HP Printer Setup process, first check if the device (Computer, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone) is compatible with the printer model. If not, then you might face issues while printing. So, make sure that your device meets the requirements. The following devices are compatible with HP printers:
- Windows: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows 11
- Windows XP, Windows Server
- Mac Operating System: Mac OS X v10.7 onwards
- Android Phones
How to Setup HP Printer – HP Printer Driver Download
HP drivers play a very crucial role in the setup process. The appropriate drivers and software help the user to connect the device to the printer in an efficient manner without any issues in printing, scanning, or copying. You have to download the HP printer driver depending on the model of the printer you are using and the OS of the device. So, here are the steps to follow:
- Firstly, turn ON the computer and check its compatibility with the HP printer.
- Visit the official website for your printer drives.
- Choose your country or region from the drop-down list.
- After that, a new web page will open up on the screen. Go to “Enter your Product Name”.
- Type the model number of your HP printer in the blank field.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- After that, you can see the ‘Download’ link of the driver package suitable for your printer.
- Now, click on the download button next to it.
- Wait for the download to complete.
- Click on the downloaded file to open it and run the installer.
- Hit ‘Agree’ to the terms and conditions of the installer wizard.
- Go with the on-screen prompts.
- Finally, check for the success message on the screen.
So, your device is now ready to connect to the printer for HP Printer Setup. You can connect the machine wired or wireless and start the print, copy, or scan operations.
Use a USB Cable to Connect the HP Printer to the Computer
There are mainly two methods for the connection: one is wired using the USB cable, and the other is wireless over the internet. In the wired connection, arrange a fresh USB cable and check it for any damage or torn. Follow the steps below to connect.
- Firstly, turn OFF the printer.
- Take a USB cable and plug it into one side of the connection port. The other side of the wire goes to the computer’s connection port.
- Make the connections secure and tight.
- After that, turn ON the printer.
- Check for the notification on the computer screen.
- Go with the on-screen prompts.
- Thus, it will confirm the successful connection.
Connect HP Printer to the Internet
For the HP Printer wireless connection, first, arrange a network connection and check its speed. In case of an active rate, connect the device to the Wi-Fi by following the steps below. So, follow the steps below to connect wirelessly.
- Firstly, Click Here to visit the Printer driver pages.
- Download the printer driver and software.
- Run the downloaded file to open it and run it.
- While following up with the installer commands, check for the connection method.
- Tick the file next to ‘Wireless Setup’.
- Enter the password for your network connection.
- Click on the Next button.
- Finally, click on the Finish button for the wireless connection.
- Test the connection by printing the test page.
How to Use HP Smart App for HP Printer Setup?
HP Smart App is compatible with almost all devices and is free to download and install. So, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, visit the App Store or Play Store of your device.
- Search for the ‘HP Smart App’. Hit the download button next to it.
- Press the ‘Wireless button’. Click on the ‘Setup Menu’.
- Click on the ‘Restore Network Setup’ option.
- Press and hold the ‘wireless’ button and hold it until the wireless light flashes.
- Press the ‘Setup’ option.
- Click on the ‘network’ name and then enter the password.
- Press the ‘Continue’ button.
- Finally, check the connection for printing.
WiFi Direct Printer Setup Guide for HP Printers
Another method that you can use to connect the printer over a network is the Wi-Fi Direct option. Here are the quick steps below to follow:
- Firstly, turn ON the device and open the control panel.
- Then, click on the ‘Printer and Scanner’ option.
- After that, click on the ‘Add a printer option.
- At the bottom, click on ‘Show Wi-Fi Direct Printers’.
- Choose the printer’s name that starts with DIRECT, followed by the printer’s name.
- Hit the ‘Add Device’ button.
- After that, a pop-up window will appear on the screen asking for a PIN.
- Open the control panel of the printer and check for the PIN.
- Check the computer screen for the pop-up and type the same PIN.
- Hit the Next button.
- Open the file for printing and send the command.
- If the file prints successfully, it means the connection is established.
How Do I Connect My HP Wireless Printer to Mac?
- To connect the printer wirelessly to your Mac device, follow the steps below:
- First, open the Apple menu and go to System Preferences.
- After that, click on Printers and Scanners.
- Go with the flow of instructions.
- Select the name of your printer.
- After that, click on the ‘Add’ button.
- It completes the HP Printer Setup process.
- Finally, you can print directly from the Mac device with the remote connection. Successfully connect both devices to the same network.
How do I Connect My HP Printer to Windows?
For the wireless connection process with Windows, you must connect the device and the printer to the same network. Follow the steps below:
- First, turn ON your Windows device.
- After that, click on the ‘Devices and Printer’ option.
- Click on ‘Add a printer.’
- Choose the name of your HP Printer from the drop-down list.
- Click on the ‘Add’ button.
- Close all windows.
- Now, send a print or scan command to the printer from the device and check for a successful connection between the two.
Why My Wi-Fi Isn’t Working With My HP Printer?
Your HP Printer could disconnect from your network for various reasons. The most probable reason could be a power outage. Another common reason could be outdated drivers, where you may experience network connection issues.
How to Connect a Printer Again?
If your printer connection with WiFi is lost, then first restart your router. The next step is to press the wireless button to switch OFF and ON the wireless function. Wait for 3-5 seconds, and the connection between your router and your HP printer will be successful.