HP Officejet Pro 8710 Setup – Prerequisites
Before you start with the setup, make sure you have met the following conditions.
- Make sure that your computer is connected to an 802.11 b/g/n wireless network.
- If you are using your printer with Windows, it should be Vista or newer versions. The operating system older than Vista are not compatible with wireless printers.
In the case of Mac, the operating system should be OS X 10.5 or newer versions.
- Most importantly, the computer must use a dynamic IP address.
After completion of all the prerequisite steps connection to your printer can be resumed wirelessly and start printing. One of the most significant reminders must be to update duly the printer driver versions. Thus, you won’t get any error in the meantime and distant future and run smoothly.
Also check hp Deskjet 3510 printer setup
How to Connect HP Officejet Pro 8710 to Wifi
- Go to the official website of HP. Enter your HP printer’s model. Hit ‘Find’ and search for the best software. Select the one which suits your need the best.
- Further, open and run the setup.exefie on your computer. Turn on your printer and set it up for connection.
- Instructions for how to carry out the rest of the procedure will be displayed on your computer screen. Follow the instructions and install the printer driver. If a window, asking your choice on ‘Connection option’ pops up, select ‘Wireless’.
- Next, click ‘Yes, send my wireless settings on the printer’ on the device network connection window.
- In a few minute’s time, the HP printer will be connected to the computer. And the confirmation window will be displayed on the computer screen.
- For final initialization, follow the instructions shown on your computer, your HP Officejet Pro 8710 Wireless Setup is finished.
HP regularly at an interval of time avails the updated firmware with improvements and addressed problems. You can use the apps in the control panel of the printer in order to receive updates depending on the model of your printer. To guarantee you receive the most from your printer, update the firmware and other apps frequently.
Manually Setting Up the HP Officejet Pro 8710 Wireless
Before you start off with HP Officejet Pro 8710 Wireless Setup, make sure you have met these essential conditions.
The printer driver is a piece of software on a computer that converts the data that is to be printed, in a language that the printer can encrypt. The process to install the printer driver has been thoroughly explained here –
- Go to the website of HP and get the latest version on printer driver from there. Click on the link, download, and install it on your PC. Another way of installing the apt printer driver is to download it from the CD that came with the printer.
Find Password From The Router
- After you have established an internet connection, you will be given a network password by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This is generally intimated by the internet provider. You can also find it with the documents.
You can receive and install the updated version of the official HP Customer Support downloads page of your printer firmware. We would recommend that you without fail update your printer and use its most up-to-date functionality and features.
Generally, HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer provides all that your requirement for making your work simple yet elegant, without much complexity. When we talk about the power ratings of HP Officejet, the printer has also Energy Star ratings saving you power. Alongside the performance, the model has Printing, scanning, and copying options incorporate which helps to modify the contrast, brightness, and rotation in the preview. It can be effortlessly controlled utilizing the control board as a part of the printer’s 2inch LCD.
Finding Password On Mac
You can get your network printer on Mac by going through the following steps –
- Keychain Access Application. This application contains all the options relating to password extraction.
- Go to the ‘Finder menu’, select ‘Go’, and click ‘Utilities’.
- Choose local items from the Keychain list. And from the category list, select Passwords.
- Choose your wireless network name from the list of options. There will be a checkbox with ‘Show password’ option. Check the box, so the password can be viewed.
- If prompted, type in the administrator password. And to finalize the process, click ‘Ok’.
Along with these specifications, you also need to make sure that the following points are taken care of –
- You need a Network name SSID.
- Security passphrase WEP Key
- Also, make sure that the computer is connected to the same wireless network that you intend to use with your HP printer.
Manually Setting Up HP Officejet 8710 Wireless Printer
- Turn on your HP printer, the router, and your computer.No cable whatsoever needs to be connected to the HP printer.
- Go to the HP installed application, select the printer device from the given list. Click ‘Utilities’ and select the ‘Printer Setup’ option therefrom.
- Later, select the Software you would like for your HP printer.
- Thereon, select ‘Convert a USB connected printer to wireless’ and follow the instructions displayed on the screen. The process will help you complete the software installation.
Contact our HP Printer Setup team for easy installation of HP Officejet pro 8710 printer