HP Deskjet 3700 is one of the basic models of printers offered by HP, which can offer users a crisp and smooth printing experience. It has most of the advanced features, making it the perfect choice for users. HP Deskjet 3700 printer provides connectivity options and can print wirelessly and through mobile. No matter which Mobile operating system you use, it is compatible with both Google Cloud Print and Apple Air Print. But to get access to most of the features, properly performing the HP Deskjet 3700 Wireless Setup is necessary to get access to most of the features. If you don’t know how to do the HP Deskjet 3700 Setup effectively, read the complete article and methods carefully so that you don’t have to face any technical errors. The setup process includes hardware and software setup, so ensure that both are set up correctly.
How to Setup Your New HP Deskjet 3700 Printer?
If you are doing the HP Deskjet 3700 Setup for the first time, follow the steps below carefully and eliminate most of the common issues linked with the software and hardware installation process. Just make sure that your HP Deskjet 3700 has the most updated and latest printer drivers and is connected to a stable power or wireless connection. In-depth steps are listed below to complete the setup process more reliably and conveniently, so make sure that you follow all the steps:
Remove Your HP Deskjet 3700 From The Box
- First, remove your printer from the box and check for the contents available in the box.
- Take the printer outside from the box and remove the plastic wrap.
Connect Power Cords To Switch On The Printer
- After unpacking your HP Deskjet 3700, plug it into a stable power source and switch it on.
- Then connect all the power cords and cables to the ports and turn them on.
Related: HP Deskjet 3510 Wireless Setup
Install Ink Cartridges Into Your HP Deskjet 3700
- First of all, open the ink cartridge door.
- Then the carriage shifts to the center.
- Wait until the cartridge is in a stable state and no sound comes from it.
- Remove the ink cartridge from the packaging box and ensure you don’t touch any black plastic.
- After that, remove the plastic tape.
- In the end, hold the ink cartridge in a way that it is in contact with the printer, place the cartridge in the slot, and push it gently so it can be appropriately placed.
Load A4 Size Paper Into the Input Tray
- First, raise the input tray and extender of your HP Deskjet 3700.
- After that, pull back and hold the input tray shield, slide the paper width guide to the left side, and release the tray.
- Then load the desired number of plain white paper into the paper tray, and slide the stack of paper down.
- Now pull and hold the input tray shield back again, and move the paper width to the right guide until it stops at the corner of the paper.
- After that, pull out the input tray of your HP Deskjet 3700 and the extender and lift the paper catch.
Download And Install HP Deskjet 3700 Software
Now the hardware HP Deskjet 3700 Setup is completed, and you need to set up the software for a hassle-free printing experience. It is suggested by experts while setting the software, make sure that the devices are not connected to the desktops.
- HP Deskjet 3700 Setup can be completed only when the updated drivers are installed on the desktop. Printer drivers can be downloaded from the official HP website.
- Download all the required drivers into your desktop.
- Locate and extract the files.
- After locating the file, click on the package file and install the drivers.
- Another essential software can be downloaded with the help of the CD that comes with the printer.
Steps to Perform Before the HP Deskjet 3700 Wireless Setup
- Before wirelessly starting the HP Deskjet 3700 Setup, ensure you have all updated drivers and software. If you don’t have updated drivers, then instantly visit the HP official site and install essential printer driver packages suitable for your operating version.
- After that, switch on the printer and make sure that both devices share the same network.
- If you are using Windows 10 or Mac OS, you must also perform some compatibility checks. Then connect your desktop and printer through a wireless connection and follow all the steps carefully appearing on the desktop display.
- If you get a pop-up stating that you use the USB cable, only then use the USB cable; otherwise, retrieve the wireless network settings and connect the desktop and HP Deskjet 3700 printer with the help of the USB cable.
- After that, connect your desktop to the available network over 2.4 GHz and connect the printer to the desktop using setup methods.
HP Deskjet 3700 Wireless Setup with Windows Built-in-driver
You can now easily set up a WiFi network printer in Windows without any additional drivers installed. Follow the in-depth procedure for complete details of the HP Deskjet 3700 with built-in driver.
- Go to Windows and click Change device installation settings on your computer.
- Ensure that YES (recommended) is selected in the Change device installation settings.
- Ensure that the computer and printer are near the WiFi router and also connected to the same Wifi network.
- For connecting the WiFi to the printers with a touchscreen control panel, On your printer, go to Setup, Network, or Wireless Setting Menu, and click on Wireless Setup Wizard. Now follow the onscreen instructions for choosing the network name and enter the password.
- To connect the WiFi to the printers without a touchscreen control panel, first, click & hold the Wireless Button for at least five seconds or until the wireless light on the control panel starts flashing. To begin the connection process, press and hold the WPS button on the router for two minutes. The printer light will stop flashing and indicate that the process is complete.
- Go to Windows. Search and open Add printer or scanner.
- After opening, wait for the windows to locate the available printers.
- After locating, the printer, select it and Click on Add Device to complete the driver installation.
- If the printer is not located, then follow the below steps.
- Press on the printer that I want isn’t listed.
- Go to find the printer by other options. Click on Add a printer using the IP address and press Next.
- From the dropdown shown, click on Autodetect.
- To find the printer’s IP address, go to the printer’s touchscreen panel and open the Network settings or Wireless Summary for locating the IP Address.
- For the printers without touchscreen panels, click the Wireless, Start, and Copy Black buttons at the exact time, or click on the Information buttons and Wireless simultaneously. By doing this, a report prints that have the IP Address.
- Write down the IP address, and select Next.
- Lastly, follow all the on-screen instructions for installing the drivers successfully.
HP Deskjet 3700 Wireless Setup on Mac over WiFi
Here, you can easily connect your HP Deskjet 3700 Wireless Setup with Mac over WiFi.
- Go to the App Store on your Mac. Search and download the HP Smart App.
- Now on your printer, navigate to the control panel on the right side.
- Press and hold the X button and Wireless icon just below the X button simultaneously until the power button starts flashing.
- After some time, the power button will stop flashing, indicating that the printer is now in pairing mode.
- Go back to your Mac, and open the HP smart app. Click on Add printer, located on the right side of the screen.
- Now from the list, click on the name of your printer, then Click on Continue.
- Click on access with wifi and enter the password. Ensure that the Wifi router has 2.4 GHz of speed as the printer only accepts that.
- Tap on continue and wait until the Wifi is successfully connected.
- Follow all the on-screen instructions to complete the whole setup.
Setting up the HP Deskjet 3700 with USB Cable
To set up your HP Deskjet 3700 printer for a USB Connection on a Mac or Windows, you can go through this effortless procedure for an easy setup.
USB Connection for Printer In Windows
Firstly download & install the HP Smart Application for Windows, then follow the steps for configuring a USB Connection.
- If you have already plugged in the USB Cable from the printer to the computer, then unplug it and remove the printer from the computer.
- Locate and open Printers and scanners. After locating, select the printer’s name from the list.
- Tap on Remove device, then reboot your computer.
- Ensure that the computer you are using has an open USB port. Do not plug the printer into a USB hub or dock.
- Browse to the HP Smart app available in Microsoft Store, then download & install the HP Smart application.
- After installing, open the HP app.
- If the setup does not launch automatically, Press the Add icon to add the printer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish setting up the printer.
USB Connection for Printer in macOS
Download the HP Smart application on your Mac device, then follow the prompts for configuring a USB Connection. Also, ensure that your Mac has an active USB port. Do not connect it to s USB hub or dock, as it will cause power issues.
- If the USB Cable is already connected to the printer and the MacBook, then disconnect or unplug it. Also, remove the printer from the Mac.
- On the Mac, tap the Spotlight icon and then browse and open the Printers & Scanners.
- From the list, select the name of your printer and tap on Remove the printer.
- After clicking on remove or delete printer when prompted reboot your Mac.
- Open the HP smart app, and the Mac will connect to the printer automatically.
- If the connection does not start automatically, click the Plus Sign to add the printer.
- Once the printer setup is complete, the Mac is ready for printing.
Redirecting the USB Connection to Wireless Networking
If the HP Deskjet 3700 printer was first set up with the USB cable and was connecting the printer to the computer, then you can easily change it to a wireless connection. All you need is an 802.11b/g/n wireless network that has a wireless router. Also, the printer only supports the connection, which has 2.4GHz. Ensure two main points before changing the USB Connection to the wireless network.
- Firstly, the USB cable must be connected to the computer and printer until you are prompted to disconnect it.
- Secondly, the computer must be connected to the wireless connection on which you will install the printer.
Redirecting the USB Connection to Wireless in Windows
- On your computer, open the HP printer software.
- Go to HP printer software and select Tools.
- Tap on Device Setup & Software.
- Choose to Convert a USB-connected printer to wireless.
- Lastly, follow all the instructions on the screen.
Redirection of the USB Connection to Wireless in macOS
- For connecting the printer to a wireless network in macOS
- Go to Safari or any other browser.
- Search 123HP to change the USB network to wireless.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why my HP Deskjet 3700 Wireless Setup printer is not connecting to WiFi?
If your HP Deskjet 3700 wireless printer is not connecting to WiFi, then ensure that the wifi connection router is 2.4 GHz. If the router has a different network name for every band, connect the printer to the SSID 2.4 GHz band.
How to restore network settings in my HP Deskjet 3700?
To restore the settings in your HP Deskjet 3700 wireless setup, go to your printer’s control panel and press the Wireless and cancel (X) buttons simultaneously for at least 3 seconds. The setting is restored to the default settings.
From where to install the printer software in my HP Deskjet 3700 Wireless setup?
To install the software, you can either use the CD that comes along with your printer or can also download it from the HP official website.
How do I set up my HP Deskjet 3700 printer with the computer?
You can easily set up your HP Deskjet 3700 printer with Windows inbuilt driver, HP Smart App, Wifi Direct, USB cable, etc.