Brother DCP-T710W is an all-in-one ADF Ink Tank Printer that can print, scan and copy for all your needs of a machine that helps with important functions at your home or workplace. Enjoy a perfect document print speed that swiftly covers your workflows helping you to do more in a much less time. Equipped with a wireless setup utility such as WPS, Brother DCP T710W Wireless Setup is hassle-free for your needs of wire-free printing. From printing professional reports to brochures, create powerful business materials with a stepwise Brother DCP T710W Setup on your own.
How Do I Setup my Brother DCP T710W Printer?
1. Before you start Brother DCP T710W set up
To start with, you must find out the wireless network configurations of your access point or wireless router. Check and note down the wireless network settings below. This information is required at a later stage.
- Wireless Network Name (“SSID” or “ESSID”)
- Wireless Network Key (“Security Key”, “Password” or “Encryption Key”)
Where to locate the Wireless Network Name – SSID and Wireless Network Key – Password?
- Check and read the documentation provided with your access point or wireless router for Brother DCP T710W Setup.
- Check the side or base of your access point or wireless router.
Setting Up Brother DCP T710W Using The Control Panel
- Fix the power cord into your Brother DCP T710W machine and then join it into an electrical socket. Now, turn the printer on.
- Next, on the printer’s control panel, press the Menu button.
- Press the Down or Up arrow keys to choose Network and press OK.
- Press the Down or Up arrow keys to choose WLAN and press OK.
- Press the Down or Up arrow keys to choose Setup Wizard and press on OK.
- When you see “WLAN Enable?” on the printer screen, choose ‘Yes’ to enable the wireless network. This begins the setup wizard for Brother DCP T710W Wireless Setup.
- The printer will next search for your network and show up a list of available Network Names or SSIDs. When a list of SSIDs come up, press the Down or Up arrow keys to choose the SSID you took down earlier, and then press OK to go for the next step with Brother DCP T710W Setup.
- Next, you need to do one of the following:
- If using an encryption or authentication method that requires the Network Key or Password, enter the Network Key, and press OK for the settings to take effect.
- If your method is Open System and your encryption mode is None, you can move to the next step.
- The machine then endeavors to link the wireless network you have chosen.
Now, when your Brother DCP T710W printer connects successfully its LCD displays “Connected”.
Related: Brother DCP T300 Setup
Download and install your Brother DCP T710W Drivers
After configuring your Brother DCP T710W printer for wireless printing, you must now install the driver. The following are the ways to download the driver for Brother DCP T710W Setup.
For Windows users
Visit the Brother printer website, go to the Downloads section of the page and download the Full Driver & Software application. Follow the installation instructions on the download page.
For Mac users
Visit the Downloads section of the website and download the Full Software Package for Macintosh computers. The installation instructions can be found on the download page itself which you need to follow for Brother DCP T710W Wireless Setup.
Brother DCP T710W Wifi Setup – Wireless Setup
Wireless Direct method permits you to link the Brother DCP T710W printer to your mobile or fixed device directly without a Wi-Fi access router/point. In this case, the printer itself serves as a Wi-Fi access point.
- Next, check with the Wireless Direct configuration of your Brother DCP T710W printer. When you link to any mobile device, you must use a Mac or Windows PC to confirm the configuration.
For Windows PCs
Connect the printer and computer via a USB cable. On your computer, start the Printer configuration tool, and click on Communication Settings. See that the [Wireless Direct] is selected for Selected Interface in the General tab.
For Mac computers
First, link your computer and the Brother DCP T710W printer with a USB cable. Now, begin the Setting Tool for printer on your computer, and check to see that the [WirelessDirect] is set [On] in the [Wireless LAN] tab.
- Now press and hold the Wi-Fi button on your Brother printer for nearly 1 second to turn the Wi-Fi function on for going ahead with the Brother DCP T710W Setup.
The Wi-Fi indicator begins to flash in blue once every 3 seconds.
- Use your mobile device or computer to choose the SSID of your printer and enter the password.
When the connection is done, the Wi-Fi indicator lights up in blue colour.
Connecting the Brother DCP T710W printer to your Wi-Fi access point
- At the outset, note down the network name or the SSID as well as the network key or password of your Wi-Fi access point/router.
- Connect the computer or printer with a USB wire.
- Next, press and hold the Wi-Fi button on your Brother DCP T710W printer for 1 second to turn the Wi-Fi on. The Wi-Fi indicator starts flashing in blue colour once every 3 seconds.
- Now, set the Infrastructure Mode configuration of the Brother DCP T710W printer.
For Windows PCs
Launch the Setting Tool for your Printer on your computer, and click the Communication Settings button. Now, choose Wireless LAN within the General button, and choose Infrastructure for Communication Mode in Wireless Settings for the next step in Brother DCP T710W Setup.
For Mac computers
Start the Wireless Device Setup Wizard in the Printer Driver Package, and then go on following the on-screen guidelines.
Download the Printer Driver Package from the [Downloads] page. Double-click on the downloaded file. The Brother DCP T710W Wireless Setup Wizard can be found in the Utilities folder.
- Now, enter the SSID that you noted earlier, or click on Search and choose the SSID from the list displayed.
- Enter the password.
- Click on Apply. This way, when the connection between your Wi-Fi access point/router and the Brother DCP T710W printer is established, the Wi-Fi indicator light turns to blue. mobile devices and Computers that are on the same network will have access to the printer. This completes a way for Brother DCP T710W Setup.
WPS – Wi-Fi Protected Setup
If your Wi-Fi router/access point is compatible with WPS, connections and settings can be configured easily.
- First of all, you must confirm that your Wi-Fi router or access point has the WPS symbol.
- Place your Brother DCP T710W printer within the signal range of your Wi-Fi router or access point. The range may differ according to the your environment. You must go by the instructions provided with your Wi-Fi router/access point for Brother DCP T710W Setup.
- Now, on your Wi-Fi access point/router, press the WPS button. Press and hold the Wi-Fi button on the Brother printer for about 5 seconds. The Wi-Fi indicator on your printer turns blue once every second. When the connection is done, the Wi-Fi indicator turns to blue colour. Mobile devices and computers that are on the same network as the Brother DCP T710W printer will have access to the printer with this Brother DCP T710W Wireless Setup. Contact Brother printer wifi setup team for any help.
More helpful posts: