Canon MG3620 is an all-in-one inkjet printer. The printer’s compact size makes it useful for both home and office use. It works effectively with XL and XXL cartridges and thus increases the page yield. It comes with USB and Wifi connectivity options. Moreover, it also supports Apple AirPrint. It is an easy task to connect the Canon printer with a USB to network but the user finds it challenging to link the printer with a wireless network. In the following guide, the user will find the breakdown of the process to execute the Canon MG3620 wireless setup. The steps to establish the connection vary from one device to another. Therefore, we will look into the steps for wireless setup on the following device:
- iOS device
How to Execute Canon Pixma MG3620 Wireless Setup?
The Canon Pixma MG3620 is compatible with various devices. However, the set of instructions to establish a wireless LAN connection for Canon MG3620 is not similar for each device. Therefore, to execute the printing process on Canon Pixma MG3620, users need to be aware of the initial wireless setup.
Steps for Canon MG3620 Wireless Connection on Windows
All Canon printers are compatible to run on Windows devices. Here are the simple instructions, that a user needs to take to establish a connection between the Canon MG3620 and a Windows device. The user may need to disable the firewall and VPN.
- Start with downloading the Canon MG3620 software for your device.
- Open the file and press the YES button to run the file.
- Select Start Setup.
- Enter your country and approve the license agreement to proceed.
- The Install Wizard dialog box will appear and after that click on the next button.
- Choose “Wireless LAN Connection” and press the next button.
- After that, pick “Connect via a wireless router” and click on the next button.
- The installer will look for the available printers. Therefore, ensure that Canon MG3620 is active.
The user must take the following action to make their printer available for the setup.
- Firstly, push and hold the WiFi button on the Canon MG3620. Hold it until the ON light blinks.
- After that, press the Color button followed by pressing of Wifi button.
- The Wifi LED light will start flashing and the ON LED light is lit.
- The blinking of Wifi LED light indicates that the printer is active to receive the command from the wireless network.
- The installer will connect the device to your Canon Pixma MG3620.
- Now, the user must download and install the MP driver. After the complete setup, the Print Head Alignment window will appear.
- Choose the “Execute” option to perform a test print.
- Now, click on the “Next” button.
- After that, the printer will prompt to install the additional software from the list. After selecting the software, click on the “Next” button to proceed. It is optional and the user can skip it also.
- Lastly, select the exit option.
Wireless LAN Connection with the Canon PRINT App on an iOS Device
The Canon Print app allows users to copy, scan, and print with just a few clicks. It also helps in keeping track of ink level, status, and other core functionality. Customers with iOS devices like iPads or iPhones can use the PRINT App for the Canon Pixma MG3620 wireless setup.
- Firstly, set the Canon Pixma MG3620 into Easy Wireless Connect Mode.
- Now, download the Canon PRINT App from the Apple store.
- Open the app and read the terms and conditions.
- A message will pop up on the screen stating that the app would like to find and connect to your devices on the local network. Tap on the Allow option.
- Now, click on the search option to find the Canon Pixma MG3620.
- After that, the user needs to press the OK button to initiate a wireless LAN connection between the printer and smartphone.
- Tap on the “Join” option to connect the printer to a LAN network.
- A list of networks will appear on the screen.
- Select the network and enter the password.
- Now, tap “Select images” to choose a picture to print. The app will also request access to the photos for quicker assistance.
- Now, save the network name (SSID) and the password in the app to connect with the printer again in the future.
Process to Set Up Canon Pixma MG3620 on a Wifi Network from an Android App
If you are using an Android device, then you can still use the Canon PRINT app to initiate the network connection.
- Start by putting the device into Easy Wireless Connect mode.
- Now download the app from the Play Store and start the app.
- Read the terms and click on the “Agree” button after opening the app.
- Grant the storage and location permission to the app.
- Click on the “Search” button to find the printer.
- After detecting the printer, the PRINT app will use the temporary Wifi network to connect to the device.
- Now, a message will pop on the screen stating that the printer will connect to the wireless network.
- If the network name appears along with the message, then choose the ‘Yes’ option.
- Enter the password of the wireless router.
- The PRINT App will send the information to the Canon Pixma MG3620.
- Next, the printer register screen will appear. The user should tap on the name of their printer.
- Now, tap on the “Close” option to complete the wireless setup of Canon MG3620.
Wireless Connection via USB Cable for macOS Devices
The Canon Pixma MG3620 can be connected to Windows, iOS, and Android devices wirelessly. But in the case of macOS, the customer has to use a temporary cable connection to set up the MG3620 wirelessly. So, before initiating the connection process, the user will need a cable. Here are the instructions:
- Visit the support page of PIXMA MG3620.
- Now, download the following for the macOS device.
- CUPS Printer Driver
- IJ Network Tool
- ICA Driver
- After that, take the USB cable, insert it into the port of the computer, and connect it to the printer.
- Now, initiate the IJ Network tool.
- Choose “Use the Printer on the Network” and click OK.
- In the window, go to the Utility option. Select it.
- After that, select the “Setup” option, then choose the Canon PIXMA MG3620 printer and click on the confirm button.
- The Canon MG3620 will start searching for nearby networks. A window will pop on the screen with the router’s name in it. Click on the “Yes” option.
- After approval, the software will access the wireless router information saved in the keychain. Click on the “Confirm” button once the message to access the wireless router information appears on the screen.
- After a few seconds, the computer setup completion message will reflect on the screen.
Till now the user is dependent on the USB cable for the connection. Therefore, they need to take a few more steps to establish the wireless connection. Users need to follow these steps once the computer setup completion message appears.
- Now turn off the printer and disconnect the USB cable.
- After that, turn ON the printer. Now, before pressing OK after getting the computer setup completion message, go to the system preferences.
- Open the System Settings and go to the “Printers and Scanners” option on your Mac device.
- The Canon PIXMA MG3620 will appear in the printer’s list.
- Select the printer and click on the “Remove Printer” option.
- Now, in the Add Printer Dialog, click on the Canon IJ Network listing.
- Select the Canon IJ Network and click on the Add option. Lastly, the wireless connection is established.
How to Reconnect the Canon MG3620 Printer?
It could be possible that your Canon PIXMA MG3620 has lost the connection with the wifi. It could be for any reason like a change in the network settings, a password change, or a new router. The user can reconnect the Canon PIXMA MG3620 to the wireless network again in two ways.
- WPS Push Button
- WPS Pin Code
WPS Push Button Method
It is an easy method to reconnect the PIXMA MG3620. The users do not have to uninstall or reinstall any software. The user has to press the WPS button on their router. But, remember that not all the routers have the WPS button.
- Press the Wi-Fi button for 5 seconds until the POWER LED starts flashing.
- Now, press the Black color button and the Wifi button again.
- Check that the LED light indicating Wifi is blinking POWER LED is active.
- Meanwhile, press the WPS button on the router for 5 seconds.
- Once the connection is established both Wifi and LED light will continue to glow.
WPS Pin Method
You can take the following steps to reconnect the printer.
- Firstly, load two A4 sheets.
- Press the Wifi button and hold it until the POWER LED starts flashing.
- Now, press the Wifi button. Your Canon PIXMA MG3620 will print a wireless connection setting information including the PIN.
- After that, hold the Stop button until the LED flashes 16 times.
- Now, release the Stop button.
- You have to access the router settings via computer or mobile and need to enter the WPS Pin code.
- Once the PIN is entered, the router will try to connect with the Canon MG3620.
Why is Your Canon MG3620 Wireless Setup Not Working?
It could be possible that you cannot find your Canon MG3620 printer on the wireless network. Thus, it can interrupt your workflow. However, there are certain checks that you can carry out to identify to restart the working of your PIXMA printer.
- Ensure that the machine is in an active state. Also, check that it is not in a deep sleep mode.
- You should also check for a lit Wifi LED light.
- If you are using a temporary USB cable, then ensure that it is connected properly to the ports at both ends.
- It could be possible that the wireless setup process of the Canon MG3620 is not completed. Therefore, due to incomplete configuration, the printer is failing to detect the network.
- If the wireless connection of the Canon MG3620 is not working, then you should also check that the machine and the wireless router network settings should be similar.
- As per the specifications of the Canon Pixma MG3620, it can easily connect with the router up to 50 meters in range. Therefore, if your printer is set beyond that range, then place it near the router.
- Also, the security firewall and VPN settings may hinder connection. Thus, you should turn OFF it.
- The Canon MG3620 may fail to connect with the router if the network settings are incorrect.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I connect my Canon MG3620 printer to Wi-Fi?
You can connect your Canon MG3620 by pressing the Wifi button until the Power LED starts flashing. Press the color button and then again the Wifi button. Ensure that the wifi LED is flashing and the POWER LED is lit. The continuous flashing of the Wi-Fi LED indicates that the printer is ready for wireless connection.
Why is my Canon printer not connecting to wifi?
There can be multiple reasons that are interrupting the connection between Wifi and Canon MG3620. It could be due to a firewall, changed network settings, incompatible printer driver, poor USB cable connection, range setup, and incorrect wifi settings.
Why is my Canon MG3620 printer not showing up on Wi-Fi?
If your Canon MG3620 is not showing up on the wifi, then the wireless router settings can be the culprit. It could be possible that the router settings do not match the machine.
Does Canon MG3620 have wireless printing?
Yes, Canon MG3620 comes with a wireless printing facility. The users can give the printing instructions to the printer online. The user can place the command from their PC up to 50 meters far from the Canon printer.
Does Canon MG3620 support the Canon PRINT app?
Yes, Canon MG3620 supports the Canon PRINT app. The customers need to download the app and configure the settings first. After that, they need to search for the printer and click on the Join button to connect the Pixma MG3620 to the smartphone wirelessly.
How do I reset my Canon MG3620 to Wi-Fi?
You need to first switch on the printer and go to the control panel. After that, press and hold the wifi button for three seconds. Once you release it, you will find that the Power LED light is flashing. Now press the color button once and the power button once. Your Canon MG3620 printer is reset and ready for wireless setup again.
Which devices are compatible for wireless setup with Canon MG3620 printer?
The Canon MG3620 printer is compatible with devices running on Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android. The Chrome OS is only compatible with a USB connection.
Why does my Canon MG3620 say offline?
If the Canon MG3620 is saying offline, then check the USB cable connection as it might not be connected properly. Also, check the wifi signal is not weak. If you don’t find these errors, then you need to turn the printer OFF for 30 seconds and turn it ON again.