Sharp printers have all the essential things required to deliver the much-needed printing experience to the users. They come up with advanced features and a user-friendly interface, which allows users to print their documents easily. Apart from printing, a Sharp printer also allows users to scan and fax various files and documents as well. But when they are not set up properly, users face various issues. Sharp Printer Setup can be a complex task for you if you don’t know how to perform various setup steps involved in the process. But no worries, as we will explain the whole process. Let’s get started.
How to Make Sharp Printer Setup on Windows OS?
Here are the steps for Sharp printer setup. However, make sure to download the right Sharp printer driver before linking your PC to the printer.
- In the lower-left corner of the screen, click the Windows icon.
- Find the Control Panel by searching for it, then choose it.
- Locate Devices and Printers once the Control Panel has opened, then click it.
- Select the ‘Add a Printer’ option.
- It will display a list of networked printers. Choose ‘The printer that I want isn’t listed’ to make it simpler to find your printer, then move on to the next stage.
- Select “Find a printer in the directory” and then click Next.
- Then look for the Sharp printer. The printer will immediately install if you double-click it.
- Click Finish once the installation process is complete.
How to Set Up a Sharp Printer on MacOS?
Here are quick steps to connect your Sharp Printer on MacOS devices
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Select Printers & Scanners after that.
- To add a new printer, click the “plus” (+) button.
- Select IP (below a grey globe) from the symbols across the top.
- Type the Copier Name in the Address field.
- Wait a moment for the appropriate driver for the SHARP model to appear in the drop-down selection at the bottom.
- Click the Add button in the lower right if the driver for the appropriate SHARP model appears.
- Depending on the copier, you can select different choices in the printer options dialogue box.
- Click OK after choosing these choices. Exit any other dialogue boxes.
- Finally, to ensure that the copier is configured properly, print a test page to it.
Installing Printer Driver for Sharp Printers
Whatever printer you own, for its smooth running, it is essential to download and install the right printer driver. Before connecting your Sharp printer to any device, it should be your first step.
- Firstly, go to the official website of Sharp Printers.
- Now choose
- Enter the product name, and select the language of the Driver/Software on the “Driver Downloads” page.
- After that, click Next.
- Select the OS for your PC from the list box that displays when it does.
- Select ‘Download’ from the menu.
- Now, launch the installation, right-click the saved file, and select ‘Run as an administrator’ from the menu that appears.
- If necessary, enter the admin password.
- Click the ‘Next’ after selecting a location to save the file.
- To begin, select [Advanced installation].
- A pop-up will show a prior version of the printer driver or if an MFP using the same printer driver is registered as a printer.
- Click the ‘Next’ option after selecting the ‘MFP to be installed’ checkbox.
- Now, click the Next button after verifying the printer driver you need to install.
- Select ‘Next’ to begin copying the files.
- When the installation’s completion screen appears, click the ‘Print test page’ button to see the connection.
- After that, Select ‘Finish’ from the menu.
How to Setup Wireless Networking For Printing and Scanning On a Sharp Copier?
Here are the steps to connect your Sharp copier to a wireless network:
- Switch On the printer.
- On the home screen, go to the Settings option.
- Now, select the Network settings option.
- Here, enter the Network password.
- Now, scroll down the left menu to the Wireless settings option. Click on it.
- From the list, select Wireless (Infrastructure mode).
- Now, scroll down the screen and select the Setup button.
- Change the Access point. The Sharp copier will search the local network.
- Select the network you want to set up.
- After that, enter the password of that network.
- Now, your request is processed. You have to reboot the copier to apply the settings.
How To Configure Sharp Printer Setup To Eliminate Most Of The Printer Issues?
It is essential to keep your Sharp Printer Setup updated to eliminate unwanted technical errors and issues. There are several issues associated with the setup process that can affect your experience when you try to perform them on your own. Mostly setup issues arise because of outdated drivers, lack of connectivity issues, and unsuitable system requirements.
It is suggested by experts that before setting up your Sharp Printer Setup, users need to configure the printer first and make sure that the printer and the desktop are connected to the same wireless network for a hassle-free experience. Another factor that is required to complete the Printer Setup process is updated drivers. When printer drivers do not have proper configuration, they get errors while giving commands to printing. Some of the sets to configure printer drivers are listed below:
- First of all, make sure that your printer and desktop are connected to the stable network and power sockets, and start with the Sharp Printer Setup driver process.
- Start with opening the control panel by pressing Windows + R keys.
- Now click right on the sharp printer option.
- After that, you need to click on the printer properties rather than the desktop properties.
- Now the user needs to head to the configuration tab and check whether it turned grey or not.
- After that, select the auto-configure option.
- Select all the available options.
- Finally, give the command to print a test page.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the system requirements for running Sharpdesk mobile app printer application?
Minimum System Requirements:
- 1GHz Processor.
- 1GB RAM.
- 20MB free HDD space.
- 1024 x 768 pixels screen resolution.
- DirectX® 9 graphics capability.
- Recommended screen resolution: 1366 x 768 pixels.
How do I print from my phone to my Sharp printer?
You can print documents and photos from an Android smartphone to a Sharp MFP that supports Sharp Print Service Plugin.
To launch the “Sharp Print Service Plugin” application:
- Download the application from Google Play.
- On your Android mobile device, access the print option under the settings menu.
- Choose the app.
- Make sure the switch is ON.
Link up with a wireless LAN:
- Open a document.
- From the app’s menu, choose “print.”
- Adjust print settings
- Select the Print icon.
What are the compatible devices for Sharp printers?
Sharp Printers are compatible with
- MacOS X 10.11 and above.
- Windows Vista and other versions after it.
- Android 5 and above.
Why won’t my Sharp printer print?
If your Sharp printer is not printing, ensure that the cable is firmly attached to both the LAN connector or USB port on your PC and the device. Also, make sure the LAN wire is firmly attached to the hub if you are linked to a network.