Setting up Sharp Printers with compatible devicesVarious devices are compatible with the Sharp printer and meet the system requirements. Sharp works well with Windows OS, Mac OS, Android Devices, Apple Devices, Linux, and various web browsers. Refer to the list below:
Before starting with the Sharp printer setup, make sure that your device meets the above system requirements so that it can function precisely with the printer.
|Windows Operating System||Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows 11, Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019, Windows Server 2022.|
|Mac Operating System||Mac OS X v10.5 or later|
|Android Devices||Android 5.0 or above|
|Apple Devices||Apple Phones and Tablets|
|Web Browsers||Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Mozilla|
|MS.Net||Miscrosoft.NET Framework 4.7.2 or above|
Sharp Printer Drivers and Software Download and InstallationAfter assembling the printer properly, you need to download the install the printer driver on your device. Sharp printers respond to the Authorized drivers only downloaded from the official website. So, here are the steps to follow to download and install the drivers for Sharp Printer Setup.
- Firstly, turn ON the computer and connect it to an active internet connection.
- Visit the link https://global.sharp/restricted/products/copier/downloads/select_us_driver.html on the web browser.
- Go to the ‘Driver Download’ section.
- Select the ‘Country or Region’ from the drop-down list.
- After that, Select the category of the Printer Model.
- Select the Product name or a serial number of the printer from the drop-down list.
- Click on the ‘Language of Driver / Software.
- Click on the ‘Next’ button.
- After that, select the operating system of the device you are using.
- Click on the Driver name to download it.
- Finally, the printer driver will start to download on your device.
- You can download all the respective drivers on the screen for the print function, copy function, and scan function.
- After successful downloading, open the executable file to install the drivers.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Installer.
- Follow the installer instructions by clicking on the Next button successively.
- Finally, click on the Finish button to end the installation.
- Make sure that there is no error message on the screen.
Use a USB cable to connect a Sharp printer to the networkThere are two methods for connecting Sharp printers. One is the wired connection and the other is the wireless connection. In the wired connection, arrange a fresh USB cable and connect the printer and the router/computer to it. So, follow the steps below for the connection:
- Firstly, turn OFF the printer.
- Take a USB cable and insert one end of the cable into the printer’s USB port.
- Do not insert the cable into the printer’s Ethernet port.
- Insert another end of the cable into the device’s USB port.
- After that, turn ON the printer and wait for it to respond.
- Follow up with the connection instructions on the screen.
- Finally, check for a successful connection by printing the test page.
Setup Sharp Printer Wirelessly Over a Network – Sharp Printer SetupWireless Connections are more suitable and reliable as there are no chances of power surge failures or wire issues. Moreover, it also enables the user to print, copy and scan the files remotely sitting at a distant place from the printer. You can virtually connect the computer, laptop, phone, tablet, or any other device using the WIFI connection. So, here are the steps to follow:
- Firstly, connect the computer to the WIFI.
- Click on the start button and open the control panel.
- Click on ‘Network and Sharing Center.
- After that, click on the ‘Printer Sharing’ button. After that, hit the ‘Apply’ button.
- Click on the ‘Sharp Printer’s Icon’.
- Finally, click on ‘Share’ and then the ‘Apply’ button.
Setup Sharp Printer on Mobile Phone Using Sharp Print Service PluginFor mobile printing support, Sharp printer can make use of its plugin directly to print, copy and scan files. Here are the steps to follow:
- Firstly, connect your mobile phone to the internet.
- Visit the Play Store or App Store.
- Use the search bar to navigate to the ‘Sharp Print Service Plugin’ application.
- Hit the download button next to it.
- Wait for the app to download and install automatically.
- After that, open the Settings app on your mobile phone.
- Go to the App section.
- Select the ‘Sharp Print Service Plugin’ app and turn its slider to the ON position.
- Now, open the file/document to print.
- Select the Print option from the menu in the ‘Sharp Print Service Plugin app.
- Click on sharp printer and finally, click on the Print option.
- Lastly, check for the successful print.
Sharp Printer Setup for Windows – Connect Sharp Printer to a ComputerSharp Printer Setup is incomplete without the proper connections with the computer. The sharp printer supports all computers and laptops with Windows 7, XP, 8, 8.1, 10, and 11. Before the setup, make sure that the device is compatible with the printer and install the printer drivers. After that, follow the steps below:
- Open the control panel.
- Go to Devices and Printers.
- After that, click on Add a printer.
- Choose the name of the Sharp Printer you are using.
- Click on Add button.
- Click on Apply button.
- Close all the windows.
- Check for a successful connection.
Sharp Printer Setup on Mac – Connect Sharp Printer to ComputerSharp Printer works well with the Mac operating system with Mac OS X v10.6 or above versions. Check the device compatibility and install the printer drivers online. After that, follow the steps below:
- Open the Control Panel on the computer.
- Go to System Preferences.
- After that, click on ‘Printers and Scanners’.
- Click on the ‘+’ Sign to add your printer.
- Type the IP Address of the printer.
- Choose the Printer Name
- Click on the Use button.
- Lastly, click on Add button.
- Finally, check for a successful connection.
Sharp Printer Setup Issues: Troubleshooting and FixingThe user may face various issues with the setup process due to some factors like incompatibility of the device, unauthorized drivers and software, outdated drivers, hardware issues, connectivity issues, and much more. So, follow the steps below to fix the setup failure.
- Check that the device you are using for connecting with the printer is compatible with the printer. If not, then arrange a new device that meets the system requirements for the Sharp printer.
- Secondly, check for authorized drivers. Visit the link https://global.sharp/restricted/products/copier/downloads/select_us_driver.html to download the outdated drivers and then perform the connection process.
- Also, check for any hardware issues or faults and recover them. Check all the cables and parts of the printer.
How do I Connect my Sharp Printer?
To connect the sharp printer to a device, you can either use the wired connection or the wireless connection.
- Wired Connection
- Wireless Connection
How do I Install a Sharp Printer Driver?
To install the printer driver and software for the Sharp Printer Setup, follow the steps below:
- Click on the downloaded file.
- Click on the Run button.
- Click on the Next button.
- Then, choose ‘Standard Installation’, and click on the OK button.
- After that, click on ‘Specify Condition’.
- Enter IP address.
- Click on the Search button. Tick the checkbox next to ‘Run the Autoconfiguration’.
- Hit the Next button.
- Finally, click on the ‘Finish’ button to end the installation.
How do I Reset Sharp Printer?
To reset the printer, follow the steps below to proceed:
- Check that the Printer is ON state.
- Now, disconnect the main power cable from the printer.
- Now, unplug it from the main power source.
- After that, wait for at least 15 seconds.
- Again, plug in the power cable to the back of the printer.
- Turn the Printer ON.
- It completes the printer reset finally.