A solid and affordable HP Deskjet 3512 Wireless printer offers multiple functions like printing, scanning, and connecting to the internet. Using a flexible network, you can print using an Android mobile app with ePrint. HP Printer does support Apple AirPrint. By going through this article, you will be able to get detailed guidance on HP Deskjet 3512 Wireless Setup.
HP Deskjet 3512 Wireless Setup – Hardware Assembly
- To start with, eliminate the plastic spread outside the HP printer.
- Next, open the front entryway and eliminate the cardboard inside. At that point, remove the tape on the front and back of the printer.
- Open the intro page, and afterward, open the ink cartridge access entryway to eliminate any cardboard.
- Close the ink cartridge access and the front entrance to avoid the HP Deskjet 3512 Wireless Setup issue.
- Check the official website for HP Deskjet printer-related issues.
- At that point, you will spot a point that includes an ink toner cartridge, a full-fledged dark shade ink cartridge, a power chord, and a USB bus.
- Ensure to loosen up the power chord and plug in the input port given onto the backside of the printer, which is on the other end.
- Lastly, power ON the printer switch and now conclude setting up the HP Deskjet 3512 Wireless Setup.
How to Download Drivers and Software in your HP Deskjet 3512?
- First, force ON the HP Deskjet 3512 and associate your PC and the printer in a similar remote system.
- Then, download the software and driver for your printer from HP Customer Support by entering your printer name and the device ID or number.
- HP’s simple beginning screen opens, followed by a download screen. Start your download by picking the terms and condition checkbox.
- Next, if your printer isn’t recorded in the following screen and you face HP Deskjet 3512 Wireless Setup issue, then click the “My printer isn’t indicated” button. There you can locate the remote arrangement for the printer that eliminates Ethernet, or any USB link joined to the printer.
Methods of HP Deskjet 3512 Setup
There are various methods for executing your HP Deskjet 3512 wireless and non-wireless setup. Go through the procedure given below for different ways.
1. HP Auto Wireless Connect :
In this method, you do not need to type the framework SSID or passcode. It naturally interfaces.
- Connect your PC with a robust IP address.
- Initiate Printer Software to get rid of the HP Deskjet 3512 Wireless Setup issue.
- Download the item from the official website.
- Ensure that the item you download regards should be compatible with your printer type and your PC Operating System.
- Select the system type.
- Click to choose Yes to transfer my system settings to my printer and start the run test.
- Printer arrangement: Select the alternative ‘Auto Wireless Connect’, and the remainder of the affiliation will happen.
- Observe that your PC will be quickly isolated from the web while affiliated.
2. Wireless Setup Wizard :
- Firstly make sure to connect your printer and the device with the same W–Fi network.
- Now turn on your Computer, Printer, and Router.
- Temporarily disconnect all the USB cables or the Ethernet Cable from your computer device.
- Ensure the setup you downloaded should be compatible with your printer type and your PC Operating System to eliminate the HP Deskjet 3512 Wireless Setup issue.
- Go to the menu and select Wireless Setup from the Printer’s Control panel.
- Now, click on the Wireless Setup Wizard Settings.
- Follow all the on-screen instructions on your computer device to complete the setup.
3. WPS ( WI-FI Protected Setup )
Introduce Printer Software:
- Ensure the product you have downloaded is immaculate to both your printer type and your Computer OS.
- Select the system type.
If your router has a push button, then you can prefer the push button mode. Otherwise, if the router does not have the push button, then you can also go for the wireless settings menu method.
- Firstly, do look for the Push-button on your WPS router.
- Press and hold the wireless button for 3 seconds until the light starts blinking on the printer.
- Hold it until it activates the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) mode.
- Finally, press the WPS on your switch.
The printer will automatically begin the wireless connection and can start a two-minute timer.
Wireless Setting Menu Method:
- Hold the Wireless button on the printer until the Wireless menu displays.
- While holding the wireless button, if the printer starts printing, there might be an error, so wait until the error stops coming and then press the button.
- Go to the settings.
- Click WPS(Wi-Fi Protected Setup) on your printer.
- If the router has a push button, click the push button and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Otherwise, select PIN and then follow the instructions.
You need to enter the PIN available on Router’s Configuration page, and the device will start establishing connecting and can set a timer of approximately four minutes.
4. Connect HP Printer Using USB in Windows:
Firstly download the HP Smart app for Windows and then follow these steps.
- Disconnect the USB cable if you have already connected it to the computer.
- Remove the printer from the computer. Go to Printers & Scanners and remove the device and restart the device.
- Make sure not to connect your printer to any USB hub.
- Go to the HP Smart app.
- Now, the setup will begin automatically.
- If the setup does not begin automatically, then click Add the printer.
- Now follow the on-screen instruction for setup.
5. Connect HP Printer Using USB in macOS:
- The first step is downloading the HP Smart app from the App Store.
- Your macOS must contain a USB port to connect it to the printer.
- Ensure not to use any USB hub or dock station, as it may cause power supply issues.
- If your printer is already connected to the Macbook, then disconnect it.
- Go to the Spotlight tab and search ‘Printers & Scanners.’
- Locate the name of the printer and remove the device.
- After removing, restart the device.
- Now open the HP Smart App and follow all the on-screen instructions.
How to Connect the HP Deskjet 3512 Printer Wirelessly to Windows with Built-in-driver?
You can now add a network wirelessly and without any additional drivers installed. All you need to do is set up a Wi-Fi Connection and ensure the printer and computer are connected to the same network and placed near the router. For complete details, follow the steps given below:
- Go to Windows and go to the Change device installations settings and then press YES.
- Place the printer and router nearer and connect the printer to the same network.
- Go to Windows.
- Locate Add a Printer or Scanner and open it.
- If the printer is found, click Add Device to complete the installation.
- If the printer is not found, then follow these further steps.
- Press on “the printers that I wasn’t listed.”
- Now go to “Find the Printers by other options.”
- Click on Add a printer by using your Printer’s IP address. Afterward, select Next and go to the drop-down and select Autodetect.
- Write down the printer’s IP address. Click OK.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to install the built-in driver for your HP Deskjet 3512 wireless setup.
How to Connect the HP Deskjet 3512 Printer with USB to Window with Built-in-driver?
You can easily Set up a printer without adding any additional driver and can connect it with the help of a USB cable. The window provides Built-in drivers, but for their smooth working, you need to follow these steps for an easy connection between the printer and the computer.
- Go to Windows and locate the Change device installation settings.
- Make sure to press Yes(recommended).
- Your computer must have a USB connection, and remember not to connect the USB cable to any USB hub or dock station, as it may cause a power supply issue.
- Now turn on your printer and connect the USB cable to the computer and printer.
- If your computer screen shows Found new hardware, click on it and install it. If not, then continue with these steps.
- Go to Windows and locate Printers & Scanners.
- After opening, click on Add a Printer & Scanners.
- If your printer is found, then click on adding the device to complete installation.if not, then continue with the procedure.
- Go to Printers that I wasn’t listed.
- Go to find the printers by other options and add a printer manually.
- Now click next and go to Choose a printer port window.
- Click on the existing port. From the drop-down menu, select USB001.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions.
How to Execute your HP Deskjet 3512 Wireless Setup Printer with HP Smart App?
HP Deskjet 3512 wireless printer support the HP Smart App. It is essential software for the printer. You need to install it on your computer for printing and connect it.
- Install and download the HP Smart App from the Microsoft Store on your computer.
- Now for adding your printer to the device. Firstly set up the printer to a WI-Fi connection.
- Ensure to place your printer and computer nearer to the router.
- Disconnect any USB cable attached to the computer temporarily and connect it with a Wi-Fi Connection.
- Turn on the Bluetooth and the device location so your printer can detect it during setup.
- Also, make sure to update your Windows so that your device stays up to date.
- Now, the computer will show multiple printers that are within the range, so make sure to choose the right printer. The printer will display DIRECT in its name, meaning only Wi-Fi Direct Connections printers are available.
- After setting up your printer, open the HP Smart App.
- Go to Add Attempts which will detect the printer. If you have opened the HP Smart App before, go to Add Printer.
- Now, if your printer is still undetected, use the Wi-Fi Connection and follow these to complete the setup.
- Go to the menu, open the Network settings, and then click Restore Network Settings.
- Within two hours, reopen the HP Smart App and try to add the printer again.
- After adding, follow the on-screen instruction for your HP Deskjet 3512 wireless setup with The HP Smart App.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to make your printer more secure when using wirelessly?
There are many ways by which you can quickly secure the printer.
- Try to avoid connecting your printer to the public Wi-Fi network. Ensure that the printer and computer use a secure connection.
- Only give print access to the trusted users for HP Eprint.
- Always use a strong WIi-Fi Password and change it after a specific interval.
- Create a different printer name to identify your printer and connect it quickly.
Why can’t I connect my HP Deskjet printer over the network wirelessly?
Here are some reasons which are causing trouble while connecting:
- Poor network connection
- The Printer is in sleep mode.
- Ensure the wireless signal on your printer blinks.
- Try reconnecting your printer and computer to the same network.
- Restart your printer and computer to clear any errors.
- Enable your Bluetooth so that your printer can detect the computer.
How to resolve HP Deskjet 3512 setup issues?
To resolve HP Deskjet 3512 Setup issues, download the printer software relating to your printer model number from the official site and apply the setup instructions. You can also contact the HP printer support.
How to download the driver for setting up HP Deskjet 3512 in macOS?
- First, explore HP’s official website. At this stage, click to select device drivers for initiating downloading.
- Also, you must ensure to get an installed compatible OS.
- Here at this point, ensure to click the Download button and click to choose the Save option. Next, open the downloaded file to initiate the process cycle.