Brother HL-2280DW Setup – Why Is It Needed?
Of course, setting up a printer is the best way to reach out to its features and functionalities for which it was ultimately built. Brother HL-2280DW has been designed for wireless and Ethernet network interfaces for a flexible connectivity with your devices. With Brother HL-2280DW Setup, you get a fast, high-quality printing which the world-renowned Brother brand offers. Whether it is your documents, envelopes or letterhead, Brother HL-2280DW does the utmost to give a quality that is desirable and great.
The HL-2280DW is a versatile laser printer equipped with the convenience of copying and color scanning capabilities. In addition, the printer’s space-saving and stylish design help fit virtually anywhere. Affordable to own, the HL-2280DW has built-in Ethernet and wireless 802.11b/g interfaces to share it with others on your network. With Brother hl-2280dw wireless setup, you eliminate useless cables and securely place your printer with wireless networking to a single computer as well as through its USB interface.
Quick Brother HL-2280DW Setup Guide
Here we present the best step-by-step guidance on how to set up and configure for accessing for the Brother HL-2280DW printer and linking it to my Windows and Mac OS X devices at home or office. The steps below will assist in Brother HL-2280DW Setup:
- At the very outset, you will need to take note of the following info regarding your wireless network. You need to check your wireless router’s configuration for:
- Encryption Mode (TKIP or AES)
- Network ID (SSID)
- Authentication Method (WPA2, WEP, WPA)
- Channel Number (usually 3, 7, or 11)
- Now look for the manual included with Brother “Start Here” to prepare the Brother HL-2280DW printer for operation.
- Before you power on your printer, link it to your wireless router with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- After the printer is on, we will require to look for its assigned IP address for Brother hl-2280dw wireless setup:
- Look it up on the Brother HL-2280DW printer:
- Hold the Menu button place at the right of the printer’s LCD and you will find “1. General Setup” menu item showing up. Here, you might sometimes require to press the Menu button two times. Don’t select the “1. General Setup” from the list.
- Choose the below-mentioned menu items by pressing the down/up arrows and clicking on the OK button:
- 2. IP Address
- 1. TCP/IP
- 4. Network
- 1. Wired LAN
- As an alternative step, you can browse to your wireless router’s web interface for looking at the list of connected DHCP clients.
- Look it up on the Brother HL-2280DW printer:
- Browse Brother HL-2280DW printer’s assigned IP address to access its web interface as the next step in Brother HL-2280DW Setup.
- Set up the HL-2280DW printer to enable toner save mode and to allow printing even if the toner has low ink:
- Click on “General Setup” at the top.
- Here, you will be asked for the password/username. Input the default: admin/access.
- Set the following options:
- Replace Toner: Continue
- Toner Save: On
- Now, you need to click on the ‘Submit’ button
Related: Brother HL-2170w Wireless Setup
Configuring the wireless network access for Brother hl-2280dw wireless setup:
1. Click on “Network Configuration” link located at the top.
2. Next, click on the “Configure Wireless” connect situated near the bottom of the page.
3. Configure the following options:
- Passphrase: [input your wireless password]
- Authentication Method: WPA/WPA2-PSK (usually)
- SSID: [input your wireless ID]
- Communication Mode: “1) Infrastructure Mode”
- Channel: [input the wireless channel]
- Encryption Mode: AES (usually for WPA2)
- Now, click on the Submit button.
- To the question, “Would you like to enable the wireless interface?”, answer Yes.
- Next, you will be notified with a message to unplug the Ethernet cable. The Brother HL-2280DW printer will now reboot.At this point, you need to print a page to understand whether the Brother HL-2280DW Setupsucceeded or not.
- Incase, the wireless linking with Brother HL-2280DW didn’t succeed, then link the Ethernet cable and redo step 4. Mostly, the wireless router will give the printer the same IP address.
For Help With Brother hl-2280dw wireless setup:
In case, you are lost somewhere with the above-mentioned steps, you can reset the printer configuration by the below-mentioned steps:
First, click on the Menu button next to the Brother HL-2280DW printer LCD.
Select the below with the up/down arrows and the OK button:
- 2. All Settings
- 5. Reset
- 1. General Setup
Now, press the up arrow and Reboot the system for Brother HL-2280DW Setup.
For any help with your Brother hl-2280dw wireless setup, call our toll-free number for the best Brother printer wifi setup assistance.