Setting up a wireless printer at your workplace assists your co-workers and employees to send print tasks without leaving their work area. For home as well, you can do your print tasks without much of a hassle with any hand-held device. Installing a Wi-Fi-enabled printer also helps de-clutter your work area by getting rid of long, winding printer wires. Dell B2360DN Wireless Setup on your company’s or home wireless network is the finest way to print quality documents via Windows or Mac applications set on your fixed or mobile devices.
Dell B2360DN is a duplex monochrome laser printer that comes with automatic two-sided printing as well as built-in WiFi connectivity. You can effortlessly link your Dell B2360DN Printer to the wireless network through WPS or WiFi protected setup. Below we go on describing Dell B2360DN Setup step-by-step for your ease of setting up operations.
How do I connect my Dell b2360dn to WIFI?
• Ensure that your wireless network adapter is installed in your Dell B2360DN printer and is working properly.
• Ensure your wireless router or access point is turned on and is operating properly.
Also, you must have the below-mentioned information before going for Dell B2360DN Wireless Setup:
- SSID — This is also referred to as the network name.
- Network Mode or Wireless Mode — The mode should be either ad hoc or infrastructure.
- Channel (for ad hoc networks) — For infrastructure networks, the channel defaults to automatic.
Certain ad hoc networks will require automatic configuration as well.
– In case you are not aware of the SSID of the network that your computer is linked to, then you must start the wireless utility of the computer network adapter, and then search for the name of the network. If you cannot find the security information or the SSID of your network, then you need to see the documentation that came along the access point for Dell B2360DN Wireless Setup procedure.
– To find the WPA2/WPA passphrase/key for the wireless connectivity, you must see the documentation that came with the access point to go ahead with the Dell B2360DN Setup.
Related: Dell e310dw wireless setup
Connecting the Dell B2360DN printer to a wireless network – Wi‑Fi Protected Setup
Prior to connecting the Dell B2360DNprinter to a wireless network, make sure that:
• Your wireless router or access point is WPS or Wi‑Fi Protected Setup certified or WPS‑compatible.
• A wireless network adapter is attached and working properly before you go ahead with Dell B2360DN Wireless Setup.
Push Button Configuration method
- From the control panel of the Dell B2360DN printer, navigate to:
Network/Ports > Setup > > Wi‑Fi Protected Setup > > Start Push Button Method
- On the printer display, follow the instructions for Dell B2360DN Setup.
Using the PIN or Personal Identification Number method
- From the control panel of the Dell B2360DN printer, navigate to:
> Network/Ports > Setup > Wi‑Fi Protected Setup > Start PIN Method
- Copy the 8‑digit WPS PIN.
- Launch a Web browser and in the address field, key in the IP address of your access point for next step for Dell B2360DN Wireless Setup.
- The IP address shows up as 4 sets of numbers differentiated by periods, such as 124.423.623.023.
- In case you are using a proxy server, then you need to temporarily disable it.
- Access the WPS configuration.
- Enter the 8‑digit PIN, and then tap on save.
Dell B2360DN Wireless Setup – Via Printer Software
- Ensure that your Dell B2360DNprinter is turned on.
- Ensure that the wireless network adapter is working properly on your printer.
Utilizing the Wireless Setup Utility – Windows Only
- Check if the printer application is installed.
- Locate the Printer Home using the search command on the Start menu for steps with Dell B2360DN Setup.
- Open Printer Home, and then click on Settings>Wireless Setup Utility.
- Now, follow the instruction on the system.
Using the Wireless Setup Assistant for Dell B2360DN Wireless Setup – For Macintosh Users
The Wireless Setup Assistant lets you:
- Set up the Dell B2360DNprinter to join an existing wireless network.
- Add printer to an ad hoc network.
- Modify the wireless configuration after setup.
- Install the Dell B2360DNprinter on additional network computers.
Installing the Wireless Setup Assistant
- Visit www.dell.com/support/printers on the Dell support Web site.
- Download the current version of the Wireless Setup Assistant application.
- Double‑click on the software installer package that you have downloaded.
- Now, on the computer screen, follow the instructions for Dell B2360DN Wireless Setup.
Launching the Wireless Setup Assistant
- Ensure that the Dell B2360DN printer is switched on.
- Also make it sure that a wireless network adapter is configured on your Dell B2360DN printer and is operating properly.
- Next, navigate to Applications > select your printer folder, from the Finder
- Next, double‑click on Wireless Setup Assistant, and then follow the guidelines on the computer screen for Dell B2360DN Setup.
Related: Dell E514DW Wireless Setup
Dell B2360DN Wireless Setup using the Embedded Web Server
Before you start, ensure that:
Your Dell B2360DN printer is linked to an Ethernet network.
- A wireless network adapter is set up on your printer and is operating properly.
- Now, launch a Web browser, and then enter the printer IP address in the address field.
- On the printer control panel, view the IP address of the printer. The IP address shows up as 4 sets of numbers differentiated by periods, such as 18.104.22.168. This is necessary for Dell B2360DN Wireless Setup.
- Temporarily disable any proxy server before going ahead with Dell B2360DN Setup.
- Click Settings > Network/Ports > Wireless.
- Configure the settings to correspond to the settings of your access point or wireless router.
- Make sure to key in the proper SSID.
- Click on Submit.
- Now, turn the printer off, and disconnect the Ethernet cable. Wait for a minimum of 5 seconds, and then turn the printer back on.
- To check whether your Dell B2360DN printer is linked to the network, you need to print a network setup page for completing the Dell B2360DN Wireless Setup.
Verifying Dell B2360DN printer setup
Printing a menu settings page
Print a menu configuration page to verify if the printer options are installed in the best possible way.
Note: In case you have not altered any menu configurations, then the menu settings page shows all the factory default configurations. When you choose and save other settings from the menus, they take up the factory default configurations as user default settings. A user default configuration stays in effect until you see the menu again, then select another value, and save it for Dell B2360DN Setup.
From the control panel of the Dell B2360DN printer, navigate to:> Reports>Menu Settings Page and Press OK for Verifying printer setup after Dell B2360DN Wireless Setup.
Printing a setup page of network
If the Dell B2360DN printer is linked to the network, then print a network setup page to check the network connection. This page also shows the information that helps network printing setup.
- From the control panel of the printer, navigate to Network Setup Page.
Note: If you have installed an optional print server, then Print Network Setup Page appears.
To confirm that the Dell B2360DN Wireless Setup is done, you need to check the first section of the network setup page. If need help then check how to connect dell printer to wifi.