Absolutely Free Support Services
Welcome to affordable home printing with Canon Pixma MG2522. It is an all-in-one colour inkjet printer which can scan and copy your documents with quality and speed. An uncomplicated printer for your printing needs, the Canon MG2522 makes it simple to print your pages with XL ink cartridges which need to be replaced less often. All in all, Canon Pixma MG2522 Setup sets you up for an affordable home printing supported by both the operating systems – Windows and Mac. An All-in-One Inkjet printer, scanner & copier, Pixma MG2522 printer has no screen allowing only a few buttons to help you connect the printer to your WiFi network.
How do I setup my Canon Pixma MG2522 printer?
There are different ways to connect Canon Pixma MG2522 printer to your router and computer via WiFi and USB. Canon Pixma MG2522 works both with Windows and Mac OS for which only a direct USB connection can be utilized. Here we go through certain quick and easy step-by-step instructions for Canon Pixma MG2522 Setup which includes the printer unboxing and configuration guidance.
Canon MG2522 Setup
- In the initial stage the setup consists of unboxing the MG2522 printer, configuring the preferences, and installation of the ink cartridges in the printer.
- First of all, you need to check the seal of the MG2522 printer and in case it is not sealed properly, you need to return it to the manufacturer immediately.
- Otherwise, unpack the printer from its box and put it on a steady flat surface for further operations of connections, set up and installation.
- Then, you need to connect the Canon Pixma MG2520 printer to the power source by utilizing its power cord and selecting a functional wall socket to plug it in. Next, turn on the MG2520 printer by pressing the electric power button to start with the Canon Pixma MG2522 Setup process.
- This brings up choice of preferences for country, language, date & time for you to select. Configure them in the best possible manner and save the settings.
- Now, pull the ink cartridge access door and then wait for sometimes until the slot meant for carriage moves to one end. Thereafter, unwrap the new Canon Pixma MG2522 cartridges and position them in their respective slots.
- Now, once you have finished with the above setup, you need to print a test page with the printer to see if it is working properly.
Also check: Connect canon mg3620 to wireless network
Canon Pixma Mg2522 Driver Download
- Printer drivers are those necessary components of your printer setup that connects your printer to the computer.
- For them to control the working of your printer, you need to download them and install them on your system. This assigns print tasks from your device to the Canon Pixma MG2522 printer.
- Your printer driver can either be downloaded from the web or it can be installed using your printer CD. Put the CD in the drive, and the file will be automatically recognized by the computer for going ahead with Canon Pixma MG2522 Setup.
- To begin installation of the printer driver, click on Yes. Then, grant the needed permissions as they prompt you to do so on the screen.
- If you are downloading the Canon Pixma MG2522 printer driver from the net, open your Internet browser and type the printer search query in the search bar.
- Then, you can go to any one of the trusted sites and download the printer driver accordingly by specifying the OS version installed on your computer.
- Once the download gets over, go to the Canon Pixma MG2522 printer driver download location on your computer and double click on the file to install it.
Setting Up Canon Pixma MG2522 With USB Cable
- First of all, you need to right-click the downloaded .exe printer driver file for the Canon Pixma MG2522 driver installation process.
- To connect your printer and computer for Canon Pixma MG2522 Setup, you will require a USB cable for Canon Pixma MG2522 printer.
- Install the necessary printer drivers on your computer before making the connection.
- Now, link the cable to your printer and to the USB port of your computer.
- Next, go to start, and open the control panel. Choose the Devices option; Then select Printers below that.
- Choose your printer from the list given and wait till the linking is complete.
- Now, you can assign a print task to check the connectivity. In case of doubt, you may contact our Canon printer experts to get the step-by-step guidance for your Canon Pixma MG2522 Setup as well as for any related support.
Also check: Canon pixma mx490 wirless setup
How do I connect my Canon MG2522 printer to WiFi?
It must be noted here that Canon Pixma MG2522 printer doesn’t have any inbuilt wireless feature. It has only USB connectivity.
- Make use of the Power button to power on the Canon MG2522 printer.
- Now press the Wireless Connect choice in the Canon Pixma 2522 printer and press LAN settings.
- Next, choose the Wireless LAN Setup, and then choose the Easy Wireless Connect.
- In the following screen you need to tap Yes when any Settings are made on the smartphone or other device. Press Ok when the option for it is shown.
- Now, open the application you want to link to and choose Start Setup in the next screen for going ahead with the Canon Pixma MG2522 Setup.
- Select your preferences, and choose the way to connect.
- Choose the router to link to the Canon Pixma MG2522 printer and key in the credentials.
- Now, the setup goes on for a few minutes. Once you find that the Canon Pixma MG2522 wireless setup is done, you can take print a test page.
Also check: Canon mg3520 wireless setup
WiFi Connectivity With Canon MG2522 Printer
- First of all, connect the Canon Pixma MG2522 printer to the power outlet on the wall. Now, use the USB cable to connect one end of it to the printer and the other end to the wall power outlet for Canon Pixma MG2522 Setup in this manner.
- Next, Turn on the Pixma printer. Touch on the Wireless connect option.
- The Canon Pixma MG2522 printer now starts to search for networks.
- Once the list shows up, select the desired network and key in the password to connect.
- In this manner, the printer gets successfully connected to the Wi-Fi network and the Canon Pixma MG2522 Setup is complete.
If you face any issue then try contacting canon ij setup team for help.