Samsung Printers are reliable and efficient machines that can print, copy and scan files or documents of high quality at low cost. These printers come up in different series or models to be suitable for official or personal use. To use the multifunctional printer, you need to first perform the Samsung Printer Setup process. The setup process comprises installation, connection, and printing of the test page. You can connect the printer either using the wired setup or wireless setup. So, if you have a Samsung printer, then read the following blog to understand the setup process.
What Are the Compatible Devices for Samsung Printers Setup?
The main requirement for printer setup is the compatibility of the device. The device must meet the system requirements for connection with the printer. So, here are the devices that are compatible with Samsung Printers.
|Windows Operating System||Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server|
|Linux Operating System||Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu, SUSE Linux,|
|Mac Operating System||Mac OS X v110.6, 0.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 11, 12, 13|
|Other OS||Red Hat, Fedora. Ubuntu, SUSE, Debian, Mint, and Open SUSE|
|Windows Server||Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2|
Install Samsung Printer Software and Drivers
The very first step in the setup process is downloading and installing the printer drivers. The software and drivers play a very vital role in the Samsung Printer Setup process as it helps in the successful connection and printing tasks.
- Firstly, check that the device is compatible with the printer.
- Open the web browser on your computer.
- Type the link http://www.samsungsetup.com/ts/client/en/install.html.
- Click on the product in which you want to install the drivers. Also, you can use the search bar to enter the model number of the printer.
- After that, click on the download button.
- Wait for the download to complete, and open the downloaded file to open and run it.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
- Finally, click on the Finish button.
So, after successful installation, you can proceed with the Samsung Printer Setup connection process. The connection can either be wired or wireless using WiFi.
Setting Up a Samsung Printer Using a USB
The wired connection of the Samsung printer allows the printer to connect with the router or computer using a USB cable. Here are the steps for connection:
- Firstly, check that the printer is OFF.
- Then take a new USB cable.
- Insert one end of the cable into the printer’s port.
- Insert another end of the USB cable into the device to which you want to connect.
- After that, proceed with the instructions on the screen.
- Finally, check for a successful connection.
Samsung Printer Setup Using Wireless Connection
Another method for the setup of the Samsung Printer is the wireless setup using the internet connection. It is the most suitable method as there are fewer chances of error. So, follow the steps below for Samsung Printer Wireless Connection:
- As the installer opens up after downloading the driver and software, click the Agree button.
- Click on the Next button.
- After that, choose Network Wireless Connection.
- Again, click on the Next button.
- Now, choose “Yes, I will set up my Printer’s Network.”
- Click on the Next button to continue.
- Choose the network name.
- Enter the password of your WIFI.
- Go with the flow of instructions by clicking on the Next button.
- Finally, hit the finish button to complete it.
How to Connect a Samsung Printer Wirelessly Using Wi-Fi DIRECT?
Also, the user can connect the printer wirelessly over a network for Samsung Printer Setup. It is a quick and fast process if the model of your printer supports the DIRECT. Here are the steps to follow:
- Firstly, open the web browser in your system and type the IP address of the printer.
- Then, go to the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click on the Login button.
- After that, click on the ‘Settings’ option.
- Then, click on the ‘Network Settings’ option.
- Check the left side of the window.
- Click on the “Wi-Fi” Direct option under the ‘Wireless’ section.
- After that, enter the device name.
- Type the IP Address, Group Owner
- Also, type the Password of your network.
- Click on the ‘Apply’ button lastly.
- Close all the windows and check for connection strength.
Using the Samsung Mobile Print App for Printer Setup
Mobile phone users can also connect their Samsung Printer to the phone and use it for print, copy, and scanning jobs. You need to download the app on your mobile phone and then connect to the printer directly. So, follow the steps below:
- Check the Samsung printer compatibility with your device.
- Download Samsung Mobile Print App from the Play Store or App Store.
- After that, add the printer to the list.
- Connect the printer and the phone to the same network.
- Then, open the application.
- Click on ‘Select Device.’
- Then, click on Add icon.
- Click on ‘Raw’ under the selection type.
- Hit the search button and add the Samsung printer.
- Finally, check the connection by printing a document from your mobile phone.
How do I set up my Samsung Printer wirelessly?
To set up the Samsung printer wirelessly over a network, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, download the software package from the authorized Samsung website.
- Install the downloaded file.
- Click on Agree to the terms and conditions.
- In the connection method, click on ‘Wireless Network Connection.
- After that, choose the name of the network or WIFI connection.
- Enter the password.
- Finally, click on the next button and follow the instructions.
- Hit the finish button at last.
What is Samsung Easy Wireless Setup?
Samsung Easy Wireless Setup lets you connect your wireless printer to a Wi-Fi network. It is different from the printer driver. Following the initial installation of the printer driver, this software enables a simple wireless connection.
How do I Install My Samsung Printer?
For the Samsung Printer Setup Installation, follow the steps below:
- Open the installer wizard.
- Click on Agree button, then click on the Next button.
- After that, follow the installer instructions step by step by hitting the Next button.
- Finally, complete the connection using the Finish button.
- Check for the error message at last.
How do I Connect Samsung Printer to Computer?
For the Samsung Printer Setup connection with the computer, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, open the control panel.
- Visit ‘Devices and Printer.’
- Click on Add Printer.
- Choose the name of your printer from the list.
- After that, enter the password of your printer.
- Click on the OK button.