Lexmark Printers are versatile and multifunctional machines that can print, copy and reliably scan files and documents. These machines support a large number of devices that can be connected to them for printing and other jobs. So, if you have a Lexmark Wireless printer, then you should know how to execute its setup. However, Lexmark does provide a manual guide, but if it is not helpful, then you can read out this blog. Here we will cover the complete steps for Lexmark Wireless Printer Setup. You should read out the complete blog and go through each step to complete your setup.
Which Devices are Compatible for Lexmark Wireless Printer Setup?
For the successful Lexmark wireless printer setup, you have to ensure the compatibility of the device. If the device meets the system requirements, then it is suitable for printer connection and driver installation. Check the compatibility below:
|Windows Operating System||Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows 11|
|Citrix||Citrix XenApp 6.5, 7.6, 7.7, 7.8, 7.9, 7.11, Citrix XenDesktop 7.5 to 7.11|
|Mac Operating System||Mac OS X 10.4 to 10.11, Mac OS 10.12 to 10.13 and Mac OS X 10.14|
|Android Phones and Tablets||Android 5.0 or above|
|Apple Phones and Tablets||iOS|
Lexmark Printer Drivers and Software Download
The very first step for the Lexmark Wireless Printer Setup is downloading and installing the drivers and software package. These drivers help the printer respond to the commands of the computer and work efficiently for print, copy, and scan functions. Here are the steps to follow:
- Firstly, arrange a device that is compatible with the printer. It can be a computer, laptop, phone, or tablet.
- Connect your device with a high-speed internet connection.
- After that, visit the online website at https://support.lexmark.com/en_us/printers.html.
- Go to the search bar with the title “search by device model.”
- Enter the model number of the Lexmark printer you are using.
- Click on ‘Find Drivers and Downloads.
- Hit the download button on the screen.
- As the Driver downloading finishes, click on the downloaded file to open the installer.
- Agree to the terms and conditions to install the drivers to your system.
- Click on the Next button.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation.
- Finally, hit the finish button and check for the success of the Lexmark Printer Setup.
Make sure that there is no error message on the screen. After that, you have to follow up on the connection process to complete Lexmark Printer Setup. There are two methods for connection, one is a wired connection, and the other one is a wireless connection.
How to Setup Lexmark Printer By Using the USB Cable?
Lexmark Printer supports a wired connection of the printer with the computer or router. For the wired connection, you need to arrange a fresh USB cable that is not damaged. So, follow the steps below for the Lexmark Printer Setup connection process.
- Firstly, arrange a USB cable.
- Turn OFF the printer and disconnect it from the main power source.
- After that, insert one end of the USB cable into the printer.
- Insert another end of the cable into the computer or router.
- Now, turn ON the printer.
- Follow up with the connection process on screen.
- Click on the Accept or OK button.
- Finally, check for the success of the connection.
After that successful connection, you can send the printing command to complete your tasks. Send the printing command to the printer to confirm the successful connection. If there is any issue with the wired connection, then you can proceed with the wireless Lexmark Printer Setup for a stable connection.
How to Connect a Lexmark Printer Wirelessly Over WiFi?
The most reliable and relevant method for Lexmark Wireless Printer Setup connection is using the network or internet connection. Here are the steps to follow for a wireless setup connection:
- Firstly, set the Active Adapter to ‘Auto.’
- Go to the Control Panel.
- After that, go to ‘Settings.’ Click OK.
- Then, click on Network / Ports. Click OK.
- Then, click on ‘Network Overview.’ Click the OK button.
- Click on ‘Active Adapter,’ then OK.
- Finally, click on Auto and then OK.
- Now, go to ‘Wireless,’ then go to ‘Setup Printer Panel.’
- After that, choose the Network Name and click on the OK button.
- Type the network password.
- Finally, check for a successful connection.
Connect Lexmark Printer Using Mobile Assistance
The users can also prefer a direct and quick method of mobile assistance for the connection process. Here are the steps to follow:
- Firstly, go to the App Store or Play Store.
- Use the Control Panel of the printer and follow the series of steps.
- Go to Settings, then Network. Click the OK button.
- Go to Wireless and then go to ‘Setup Using Mobile App.’ Click the OK button.
- Click on “Printer ID,” then OK.
- Open the Lexmark Mobile Assistance application on your phone.
- Accept the terms and agreement.
- Click on the option “Connect to Printer.”
- Then, click on ‘Go to WIFI Settings.’
- Connect both the device and the printer to the same network.
- Now, click on ‘Setup WIFI Connection’ on the app screen.
- Choose the name of your WIFI and enter its password.
- Finally, click on ‘Done.’
- Check for a successful connection.
How to Troubleshoot and Fix Lexmark Printer Setup Problems?
Various factors can be responsible for the failure of the Lexmark Wireless printer setup process. You may get stuck with the connection step or the printing step in most cases. The reason for this can be-
- Low internet speed.
- Outdated drivers.
- Incompatible devices.
- Hardware faults.
- Server downtime, and much more.
Here are the steps to follow to fix the issue:
- Check if the device is compatible with the printer or not. If not, then arrange a new device and again follow up with the setup steps.
- Secondly, check the internet speed by running an online speed test. If you encounter a low internet speed, then restart the router and reconnect the devices to it.
- Check and Update the drivers. If the printer drivers are outdated, then update them from an online authorised website.
- Check the hardware of the device and the printer.
How do I connect My Lexmark Printer to my Computer?
Follow the steps below for connecting the Lexmark printer to the computer:
- Firstly, check the compatibility of the device with the printer.
- Connect the printer and the computer to the same internet connection.
- Go to the Control Panel of the computer.
- Click on ‘Devices and Printers.
- After that, click on ‘Add a Printer.
- Choose the name of your printer from the list.
- Click on the OK button.
- So, this connects the printer with the computer and completes the Lexmark Printer Setup. You can now send the print command to test the connection.
How do I Install a Lexmark Printer on Windows 10?
To download and install the Lexmark Printer drivers on Windows 10,
- Go to the online webpage https://support.lexmark.com/en_us/printers.html using the web browser.
- After that, choose Windows 10 from the drop-down list.
- Enter the model name of the printer.
- Click on the download button.
- After finishing the downloading, open the file to run it.
- Agree to the terms and conditions of the installer.
- Go with the flow of instructions.
- Choose the Wireless connection Setup.
- Choose your network and enter its password.
- Click on OK, then click on the Next button.
- Finally, hit the finish button to end the installation.
For more assistance for Lexmark Printer Support.
What Are The Credentials Required For Connecting The Lexmark Printer To A Wireless Network?
You need the following necessary credentials in order to link your Lexmark printer to a wireless network.
- Wireless Network Name (SSID).
- Wireless Network Key (Password).
How Do I Connect My Lexmark Wireless Printer Without A Cd?
- First, go to the control panel.
- After that, go to Settings.
- Move to the Network/Ports and select the ‘Wireless’ option.
- Now, go to the Setup On Printer Panel.
- Choose Network from the control panel.
- After choosing a Wi-Fi network, enter the network password.
- The connection will be established.