HP Officejet 3830 printer is one of the most reliable all-in-one printers by which users can perform various tasks, including printing, scanning, copying, fax, and wireless printing through mobile. It’s one of the most user-friendly printers manufactured by HP for its users. But to get access to all of the above-listed services, users need to set up the printer reliably. If you don’t know how to perform HP Officejet 3830 Setup, don’t get tense as setting up an HP Officejet 3830 printer is easy and can be achieved by following some easy steps.
Users can access most features by performing the HP Officejet 3830 Wireless Setup process. They need a stable wireless network and essential printer drivers.
HP Officejet 3830 Wireless Setup – How to Configure the Printer?
You must follow some easy steps to install mandatory components in your printer. Some of them are listed below:
Step 1: Unpack the HP Officejet 3830 Printer From The Box
- First of all, you need to remove the printer from the packaged box; after that, remove unnecessary tapes, films stickers, and all other packing material as well.
- Then, remove the printer from the box.
- After that, uncover the printer from all tapes and open the printer’s exterior panel.
- Now, remove the packaging tape and other material from the ink cartridge door.
- After that, open the cartridge access door and remove the tapes from the inside.
- Now close the ink cartridge door and move to the next step.
Step 2: Set Language, Date, and Other Useful Information
In this step, connect the printer to the power source and set the essential information to get important notifications.
- Turn on the printer and enter the localization settings. These settings can be easily accessible on the control panel.
- Now, set the preferred language by visiting the printer’s control panel and clicking on the language menu.
- After opening the language menu, select your desired language and choose YES to select.
- Now, you need to enter the country and region for your printer, which can again be set up by accessing the region menu.
- Touch and locate your desired location and save by confirming yes.
- Now, users need to select and save the date and time of the printer through the date and time menu.
Step 3: Install Ink Cartridges
- Start the step by opening the printer’s exterior door and then open the cartridge panel.
- Now, the printer cartridge is moved toward the centre. After that, wait some time and ensure the printer is stable before proceeding to the next step.
- After that, unpack one of the cartridges and touch only the black panel.
- Now, you need to remove the protective tape.
- Then, slide the cartridge into the cartridge panel at an upright angle to get it placed properly.
- You must ensure that the tri-colour ink cartridge is placed on the left side and the black ink cartridge on the right.
- Now, repeat the same process to install other cartridges.
- In the end, close all the cartridge access and exterior door panels.
Step 4: Load Paper Input Tray
Now, you must load the paper input tray to get the test print and complete the HP Officejet 3830 Setup.
- First of all, raise the printer’s input tray.
- Now, slide the paper width guide to the left side.
- Load papers in the tray, and after that, slide a stack of writing down.
- Now, slide the paper width guide to the right side. Make sure that the paper doesn’t bend.
- Lastly, pull out the paper tray and raise the tray extender again.
Step 5: Align The Ink Cartridges
- Now, you need to align the ink cartridges to get reliable printing quality.
- After loading the printing pages, you need to click on OK. The printer automatically sets the alignments.
- After that, lift the scanner lid and place the page with the printing side on the printer glass.
- Close the scanner lid again.
- Now again, select OK to complete the alignment process.
Step 6: Install Printer Drivers And Software
After HP Officejet 3830 Wireless Setup, you must install the essential driver and software for a stable network connection and printing experience. Essential drivers can easily be downloaded from the official HP website.
Essential Steps for HP Officejet 3830 Wireless Setup
Before starting the HP Officejet 3830 Wireless Setup process, you must ensure all the essential components are connected to the printer and desktop.
- You need to ensure the device has a stable wireless network connection with the network username, password, printer, and desktop sharing the same network while setting up the setup process.
- Now switch on the printer and try to place the desktop and printer nearby to get better connectivity.
- After that, you must remove the USB cable or Ethernet from the printer and install printer drivers to complete the HP Officejet 3830 Wireless Setup.
- Now, you must reconnect the USB cable to transfer essential wireless data to the printer.
These steps will help you get the most genuine user experience from your HP Officejet 3830 Wireless Setup Printer.
What is the Process for Downloading Software and drivers for HP Officejet 3830 Wireless Setup?
Downloading printing software on your computer is the mandatory step for successfully setting up your printer. Follow this effortless procedure for installing the software & driver.
- On your computer, go to the browser.
- Search https://123.hp.com/us/en/
- In the search box, enter the name and model of your printer. The printer’s name can be found on the outer shell of the printer.
- Click Next and Install the HP Smart App.
How to Setup your HP Officejet 3830 Wireless Setup with HP Smart App?
- Download and install the HP Smart App.
- For Android & Apple iOS, download it from https://123.hp.com/us/en/
- For Windows, Download it from https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/hp-smart/9WZDNCRFHWLH?hl=en-us&gl=us
- For a Macbook, download it from https://apps.apple.com/us/app/hp-smart/id1474276998.
- After installing, sign up for your HP Smart App to access all your printer’s features.
- Now, for adding and connecting your printer to a desktop over WiFi, ensure to put the printer and the desktop near the WiFi router.
- If the desktop is connected to any USB or Ethernet cable, then temporarily disconnect it. Turn ON WiFi & Bluetooth on your desktop and connect to the network during setup.
- If using Windows desktops, then ensure that the window is up to date.
- Turn ON your device location service and install the HP Smart app so that the printer can quickly discover the connecting device.
- Now, the desktop will display several printers that are in range. Select the correct printer. Ensure not to select DIRECT in its name because it is only used for Wi-Fi Direct Connection.
- Now open the HP App. The app will start automatically and discover the printer.
- If the app does not discover the printer, then select Add Printer.
- Select the connection you prefer from WiFi, USB, or Network.
- If you choose WiFi and the printer is not listed, restore WiFi setup mode.
- To restore your printer’s WiFi, go to the Wireless Settings Menu, Click on Network Settings, and then select Network Settings.
- Lastly, restart the HP App and add the printer again after two or three hours.
- To complete the printer setup, follow all the instructions on the screen.
By following this procedure, you can easily set up your HP OfficeJet 3830 Wireless Setup through the HP Smart App.
HP Officejet 3830 Wireless Setup through WiFi Network
Apart from the HP Smart App, here are additional methods for connecting your printer through WiFi. Also, you can use this technique if your local network is unavailable or you have made changes in your router or ISP.
Wireless Setup Wizard (Printers with a touchscreen)
- To connect your printer to a WiFi network, use the Wireless Setup Wizard on your printer control panel.
- First, ensure to place your printer near the router.
- Click to open the Wireless Settings menu and choose the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Now, from the network list, choose your network’s name.
- After choosing, enter the password for connecting the printer.
If you cannot locate the Wireless Setup Wizard in your printer, click WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) and select the push button method.
WPS or Wi-Fi Protected Setup (Printers without a Touchscreen)
When your printer is not touchscreen or does not have a Wireless Setup Wizard, you can use the Push Button method to connect wirelessly over a network.
- Use the WPS button on your printer’s control panel to connect the printer over a network.
- Make sure to place your printer near the Wi-Fi network.
- To put the printer in WPS Connection mode, click on the Wireless button and hold it for five seconds or until the lights start blinking.
- Within two minutes, click on your router’s WPS button and hold it until the connection begins.
- After this, wait till the wireless light on your printer stops blinking.
- Once the lights stop, the printer is successfully connected to the network.
Connecting HP Officejet 3830 Setup Via USB
If you are connecting your HP Officejet 3830 Setup via USB, then here are the different procedures for connecting your printer.
Setting up a USB Connection when using the HP Smart App
- Ensure to download & install the HP Smart App.
- If you connected the printer USB cable to your computer, then disconnect it, and remove the printer from the computer.
- On your computer, locate and open Printers & Scanners.
- From the list shown, choose the name of the printer from the list.
- Select Remove device, and restart the computer.
- Ensure that your computer has a USB port available. Do not connect the printer to any USB docking station or hub, as it causes power supply issues.
- Open the HP Smart App.
- The printer will start its setup and connect to the computer.
- If the printer setup does not begin automatically, select the Add icon to add the printer.
- Lastly, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
Setting up a USB Connection when using a Chromebook
- Connect the USB cable to the printer and the computer.
- Now on the computer, go to the settings.
- Locate & open Advanced.
- Go to Printing, select Printers, and then Click on Add Printer.
- If the name of your printer displays, then click on Add.
- If the name of your printer doesn’t display, then click on Add Manually and follow the on-screen instructions for adding the printer.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to change the wireless settings of my HP Officejet 3830?
- Go to the Printer’s Control Panel and click on Settings.
- Select Advanced Settings.
- Choose the settings you want to change.
- Follow the guided instructions on the screen.
What if my HP Officejet 3830 does not connect to the network?
If your printer does not connect to the network, check the network connection first and ensure that the printer & the computer are near the router. Also, check that the printer is ON and sleep mode is OFF. You can also restart the printer as it can eliminate all the possible errors. Lastly, ensure the printer has a WiFi Signal light ON next to its Wireless button.
How to download the Printer Software in HP Officejet 3830?
If you are looking for an HP Officejet 3830 wireless setup or USB connection, you have to download the printer driver. For downloading software, visit 123.hp.com or HP Customer Support – Software & Driver Downloads. Click on the search box and enter your printer’s name (the printer’s name is present on the outer shell of the printer). Click OK and select the software from the options displayed.
Which devices are compatible with HP Officejet 3830?
The HP Officejet 3830 Wireless Printer is compatible with Androids, Windows, MacOS, iPhones, iPads, etc