HP Printers are a reliable solution for most problems. You can print, copy and scan the files using the HP wide range of series. It offers high-quality printing solutions for images, documents, and files. However, you may face HP printer Error 60.02 if you do not install the input tray accurately. So, a large number of users raise a query How to Resolve HP this error? You can sort the issue by placing the input tray in its correct position. Here, we will discuss the steps to step process to fix the problem and follow reliably with the printing services.
Why Does My Printer say HP Printer Error 60.02?
Various factors are responsible for HP Error 60.02. You need to work on these problems to get the desired printing services. The main causes of the problem are as follows:
- The paper in the input tray is folded or curved from the sides.
- The paper tray is not set properly.
- Problem with the lift motor of the tray.
- The spring of the motor is damaged.
- Paper sensors are not working properly.
So, these are the possible reasons for the problem. If you can resolve these problems, then you may continue with the printing task successfully.
Related: HP Printer Error Code 3F0
Complete Guide to Troubleshoot and Fix HP Printer Error 60.02?
Working on the Paper Tray itself may help you to get the desired solution to the problem. So, need to check the correct installation of the input tray and its hardware for any damage or issue. Follow the steps below to resolve HP Error 60.02:
Re-installing the Paper Tray
The error can be due to the improper placement of the paper into the input tray. You need to take the paper sheets out of the tray and then place them correctly. Make sure that the sheets are aligned in the correct order, and there must not be any folded or curved edges. Follow the steps below to re-install the paper and resolve HP Printer Error 60.02.
- Firstly, open the input tray of the printer.
- Remove all the papers from the tray, and clean the entire surface of the tray.
- After that, disjoint the tray from the printer.
- After that, place the sheets properly in the tray.
- Now, place the tray into the slot of the printer and make sure that it is fixed properly.
- If the screen shows out of paper, then it means the alignment of the paper is not proper.
- So, place the paper in proper alignment.
- After that, place the sheets again.
- Print the test page successfully.
- Check for the solution to the error.
If you get the proper solution, then continue with the printing service. Else, follow the next step for fixing the problem.
Replace HP Printer Spring
One of the main reasons for the HP Printer Error 60.02 is the broken spring of the printer. To fix the problem, you have to replace the spring with the new one if there is any damage or defects. Follow the steps below to replace:
- Firstly, go to the right side of the printer.
- Now, open its cover.
- After that, approach the lift motor. Check the spring on the lift motor.
- Take the spring out carefully.
- Fold the coil that was in contact with the spring.
- Now, place the new spring and put the coil back in its initial position.
- Check for the solution lastly.
Replacing the Paper Tray
If still, you are unable to resolve the problem, then the other fixing step that you can apply is the replacement of the paper tray. To replace the paper tray, you have to first purchase a new tray that is suitable for your printer. Always prefer to take the HP tray only for the best results. Now, take the old tray out of the printer. After that, attach the new tray to it and place the papers properly over it. Try to print the file and check for the solution of HP Printer Error 60.02.
Replace the Lift Motor
Also, you may try to resolve the problem by replacing the lift motor. Any damage to the lift motor can also result in error code 60.02. So you can get the solution to the problem by replacing the input tray successfully. To replace the motor, first, take out the paper tray and then carefully remove the lift motor. After that, take the new motor and place it in the correct position. Close the cover and place the input tray in its accurate position. Insert the sheets and then check for the solution to the problem.
Place the Machine on a Flat Surface
Another step that you can follow for the solution to HP Printer Error 60.02 is placing the printer properly on a flat surface. The lifting up of the printer may interrupt the positioning of the paper sheets into the input tray. Due to this, you may face an issue. So, we recommend you place the printer on a flat and clean surface and then try to print the files and documents successfully.
If you are still stuck with HP Printer Error 60.02, then you can contact the HP support team. The highly skilled executives are present 24 hours a day for your on-call service. You can schedule a meeting with the executive. The agent will thoroughly check the problem your machine is facing and resolve it within a minimum time.
Related: HP Deskjet 2331 Setup
How do I fix Error 60.02 on my HP Printer?
If you’re seeing error 60.02 on your HP printer, it means that there’s a problem with the printhead carriage assembly. The first thing you should do is power off the printer and unplug it from the power outlet. Then, remove the printhead carriage and check for any debris or obstruction in the carriage path. Once you’ve cleared away any obstruction, replace the printhead carriage and try printing again. If error 60.02 persists, contact HP support for further assistance.
What is Error 60.02 on HP MFP M477?
HP Printer Error 60.02 is a printer error that can occur for a variety of reasons. The most common cause is a problem with the paper feeding mechanism. Other causes can include a faulty print cartridge, dirty or clogged inkjet nozzles, or a paper jam.
How do I Reset my HP Printer Error?
To reset the HP printer, follow up with the short series of steps below:
- Firstly, turn off the printer and unplug the power cord.
- Wait at least 30 seconds, then plug the power cord back in.
- Turn on the printer and wait for it to complete its startup routine.
- Check for any error messages that may be displayed on the computer monitor, and take appropriate action based on the instructions provided by HP Support Assistant or from HP’s website.
How do I Fix my Printer Error Code?
To fix the HP Printer Error 60.02, you need to follow the instructions below:
- Check the power cable connection and make sure it is firmly connected to both the printer and the wall outlet.
- Make sure that your toner cartridges are correctly installed in the printer.
- Reset your printer by unplugging it from the wall outlet for a few minutes, then plugging it back in and powering it on.
- Check if there are any loose components inside your printer such as rollers or other parts that could be causing a jam. If so, remove them and clean them off with a cloth before re-installing them into place.
- If the issue persists, then contact the HP Support assistant in resolving this issue.
How to Resolve HP 60.02 Error?
If you see the HP Printer Error 60.02, it means that the printer is not able to connect to the Internet. There are a few things you can do to fix this:
- Check your Internet connection. Make sure that your router is connected and that there is an active Internet connection.
- Restart your printer. Sometimes, all you need to do is restart your printer to fix the HP 60.02 error.
- Update your printer’s firmware. If you’re still seeing the HP 60.02 error after checking your Internet connection and restarting your printer, try updating your printer’s firmware.
- Check the printer’s settings. Make sure that your printer’s settings are configured correctly, such as the IP address and port settings.
- Contact HP Support. If none of these steps have resolved the HP 60.02 error, contact HP support for expert help.
More Helpful Guides