HP Deskjet 2331 is an all-in-one printer that can perform print, copy and scan operations reliably and efficiently. It comes up with in-built dynamic security and high-speed printing efficiency. There is a seamless setup process for this printer with a simple series of steps. Here we will discuss the complete guidelines for HP Deskjet 2331 WIFI Setup. The printer is applicable for USB as well as wireless connection. The printer setup process includes downloading and installing drivers, connecting the printer to the network, and connecting the printer to the computer for remote printing.
What are the system requirements for the HP Deskjet 2331 printer?
HP printer is compatible with a large number of devices and you can connect it to these devices for reliable printing results. To work well with the printer and complete the HP Deskjet 2331 WIFI Setup, you need to first check that the device meets the system requirements. Here is the list:
- Windows Operating System: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, and Windows 11.
- Linux Operating System
- Android 5.0 or above
- Web Browsers – Safari, Google, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.
Setup HP Deskjet 2331 WIFI Printer Driver – Download and Install
For the printer setup, you need to first download and install the driver and software package on your device. This helps the printer respond to the device and handle the remote print, scan, and copy jobs. Here are the steps to follow:
- Firstly, switch ON the computer which you want to connect to the printer.
- Then, check the device compatibility with HP Deskjet 2331 WIFI Setup.
- After that, open the web browser.
- Visit the link https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-Deskjet-2300-all-in-one-printer-series/30268694/model/33691589
- After that, click on the install button to download the driver.
- Wait for the download to finish.
- After that, click on the executable file open it and run it.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Hit the next button.
- Go with the flow of instructions to complete the installation.
- Finally, click on the Finish button to end the installation successfully.
How to connect HP Deskjet 2331 to WiF – Wireless Setup
For the wireless connection, first, make sure to download and install the printer drivers in your device that are compatible. After that, follow the steps of the installation wizard to connect to the WIFI:
- Follow the installer instructions and stop on the Connect Window.
- After that, turn your printer ON.
- Check that the wireless light of the printer starts to blink.
- Press the power button and hold it for a few seconds.
- Simultaneously hit the ‘Start Copy Black’ button two times with the power button.
- After that, hit the ‘Cancel’ button three times.
- Release the power button and check that the wireless light is blinking.
- Visit the installation window now on your device.
- Click on the ‘Continue’ button to connect wirelessly.
- Follow the on-screen instructions by clicking the Next button.
- Stop at the ‘Connection Option’ screen.
- Click on ‘Wireless connection’.
- Choose the network name and enter the password corresponding to it.
- Click the ‘Next’ button.
- Finally, hit the Finish button.
HP Deskjet 2331 WIFI Setup – Connect HP Deskjet 2331 to Computer
After connecting the printer over the network, you need to connect it to the computer as well for remote printing directly by giving the commands from your device. For this, firstly make sure that both the printer and the computer are connected to the same network. After that, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, open the control panel of your computer.
- Click on the ‘Devices and Printers’ option.
- After that, hit the option ‘Add a printer.
- Choose the name of the printer you are using. It might be displayed as ‘HP Deskjet 2331’.
- Hit the ‘Add’ button.
- Hit the ‘Apply’ button.
- Finally, close all the windows and send the print command from your computer to the printer.
HP Deskjet 2331 WIFI Setup using WPS Push Button Method
HP Deskjet 2331 has an in-built WPS button to help the user connect to the router directly. For the WIFI connection using WPS, you need to first make sure that your router also supports the WPS connection. After that, follow the steps below to proceed:
- Firstly, switch ON the printer.
- Check the back or lower side of the printer for the WPS button. It will be a small button that you can press using a sharply pointed abject.
- Press and hold the WPS button for a few seconds.
- After that, check the printer’s screens for the connection message and release the WPS button.
- Now, press the WPS button on the router and hold it for a few seconds.
- Go with the flow of the instructions on the screen.
- Enter the password for your router for HP Deskjet 2331 WIFI Setup.
- Finally, click on the Connect or OK button to continue.
- Print the test page from your computer to check the connection.
HP Deskjet 2331 WIFI Setup Using the PIN Method
HP printer also supports the PIN method for wireless connection. You need to submit the WPS PIN for the connection. The user can check this PIN on the network configuration page or the manual that you get with the printer. Follow the steps below to connect the printer wirelessly using WPS PIN.
- Firstly, switch ON the printer.
- Place a compatible sheet in the input tray of the printer.
- Print the Network Configuration page from the printer. To print this page, press the ‘Wireless’ and ‘Start Copy Black’ buttons simultaneously.
- Check the WPS PIN on this page.
- In case you face an issue printing the network configuration page, follow up on the printer manual to check the PIN.
- Now, press and hold the power button on the printer for a few seconds. Check for the wireless status light to blink.
- Open the configuration utility for the router and enter the WPS PIN.
- Finally, wait for 2 minutes and check the connection.
- To test the connection, you can print the test page.
It is also a simple and reliable method for connection. Make sure to enter the correct PIN of your device to avoid any failures during the setup process.
Read More: HP Support
Why Won’t My HP Printer Connect to WIFI?
There can be various reasons for the HP Deskjet 2331 WIFI Setup failure. It can be due to low internet speed, incompatible devices, pending software updates, improper installation, server downtime, and much more. You need to resolve the issue first and then follow up with the setup process. So, here are the steps to follow:
- Check the internet connection speed. If the internet is running at a low speed, then restart the router and reconnect the printer to it for success. Also, make sure to place the printer close to the router while performing to setup process to avoid any fluctuations.
- Secondly, check any pending software updates. Go to the official HP website and then navigate to driver and software. Enter the printer’s name and model number and check if there is any new update available for the software. If yes, then download it.
- Also, check the printer and the router for any physical damage. In case of any damage to the devices or the cables, repair it and then follow up with the HP Deskjet 2331 WIFI Setup.
- Lastly, check the server downtime online or by calling the HP executive. Wait for the server to respond and then perform the setup process.
How do I Connect My HP 2331 Printer to WIFI?
For the HP Deskjet 2331 connection wireless using the Wi-Fi connection, you can use the WPS push button method. Follow the steps below for it.
- Press and hold the WPS button on your printer.
- Check for the connection instructions on the screen.
- Similarly, press and hold the WPS button on the router.
- Follow up with the connection instructions.
- Enter the password.
- Click on Connect option.
Is HP Deskjet 2331 Mac Compatible?
HP Deskjet 2331 does not support Mac Operating System and works well with Windows only. Also, you can connect it to Android devices, including mobile phones and tablets.
How do I set up my printer to print Wirelessly?
For the wireless printer setup, download and install the printer drivers on your system. After that connect the printer to Wi-Fi at the time of installation by choosing the Wireless Connect option. Also, you can connect wirelessly using WPS and the PIN method. Lastly, check the connection for a successful HP Deskjet 2331 WIFI Setup.