You get a new HP Officejet Pro 6968 out of box today? You positioned the cartridges into the printer slots and complete the set up process. However, as you try to print, you could not print even a single page because of some inexplicable reason. Tried a few things on your own and still HP Officejet Pro 6968 Not Printing issue doesn’t go away. What can you do to help rectify this situation?
How to Fix HP Officejet Pro 6968 Not Printing?
Here are the steps to get rid of this situation:
Step 1: Reinstall the Officejet Pro 6968 print driver
If you cannot print from a Windows PC or system, uninstalling and reinstalling the printer application indeed helps.
- First of all, remove the Officejet Pro 6968 printer from the devices list.
- For ways and methods to remove the printer from the list of devices, go to Uninstalling the Printer Software for Windows.
- Now you need to visit the HP Customer Support – Software and Driver Downloads, and then download and install the current software for your HP printer.
- Now, Try to print from your printer. If these resolved the HP Officejet Pro 6968 Not Printing issue, you do not need to go ahead with the other steps.
Step 2: Clean the printhead Of your HP Officejet Pro 6968
There are times when your printer head gets clogged, and you might need to clean the print head to restore printing.
1. From the printer control panel, open the Setup area.
2. Open the Printer Maintenance menu.
3. If needed, open the Tools list, and then touch Clean Print head.
4. Check the test page that prints.
- If the print does not begin, touch Clean Again to move ahead to another level of cleaning. If necessary, repeat these steps for getting rid of the HP Officejet Pro 6968 Not Printing issue.
Step 3: Use genuine HP cartridges
HP demands that you utilize only genuine HP toner or ink in your printer. The quality or reliability of non-HP cartridges cannot be guaranteed. If you do not use original HP cartridges, any step to resolve the HP Officejet Pro 6968 Not Printing issue given in this document might not help at all. For this, you need to purchase replacement cartridges and other things from the HP Stores only.
To verify the genuineness of your cartridges, you may go to the HP anti-counterfeit webpage.
Step 4: Check for ink smears on the back of printouts
You also sometimes need to check if your printouts leave smears of ink on the back of your printouts.
- Put a plain white paper in the printer input tray.
- From the control panel of the printer, open the Setup menu.
- Open the Tools or Printer Maintenance menu.
- Touch Clean Smear or Clean Page Smears. The printer takes approximately one minute.
Try to print. If these steps resolved the HP Officejet Pro 6968 Not Printing issue, you do not need to go ahead with other steps.
Step 5: Make sure you are only using the appropriate paper
The type and quality of paper can adversely impact the print job. Follow these guidelines to ensure the paper is suitable. If it is not, load an fitting type of paper.
- Load the paper print side down in the input tray That contains the print side.
- Do not use curled/wrinkled paper. Use only clean paper.
- Use the proper paper type that is industry-standard paper for your HP printer.
- Store photo paper in its original packaging and put the unused paper back in the packaging. Get rid of the HP Officejet Pro 6968 Not Printing issue with this as well.
Step 6: Check printer settings
Sometimes the print settings can affect the printing as well. Choose your OS, and then verify the printer settings to ensure they are best-suited for your print job.
Look for printer settings in OS X.
Look for print settings in Windows.
This can also help with HP Officejet Pro 6968 Not Printing issue.
Step 7: Check the estimated ink levels
Check estimated ink levels for critically low or empty.
On the printer control panel, check the Level Indicator icon for estimated ink levels.
Consider replacing cartridges your printer stops printing or you have a HP Officejet Pro 6968 Not Printing issue.
Step 8: Replace any empty cartridges
Any critically low or empty cartridges, should be replaced at once.
1. For this, you need to open the ink cartridge access door.
2. Pull up on the ink cartridge to remove it from its place.
3. Remove a new ink cartridge from its package and gently slide the ink cartridge into its slot, so that it snaps into its place. This helps the best in getting rid of the HP Officejet Pro 6968 Not Printing issue. If you face issue check How To Override HP Ink Cartridge Error. If you face any issue while fixing the issue contact hp printer setup team for help