Accomplish easy wireless printing with HP DeskJet 2540 all-in-one Printer. Set up effortless printing as well as quick and easy copying and scanning with an affordable device that has been created to fit in small spaces around your home or workplace with its compact design. HP DeskJet delivers printing from any room in your home or office premises from your PC, tablet or smartphone. As a value added, print more at a lesser cost with high-capacity cartridges inside the HP DeskJet 2540. Get the best performance out of your printer. Sometimes, when some malfunctions leads to HP DeskJet 2540 Not Printing issue, get the best step-by-step resolution here.
Designed to conserve and save energy, HP DeskJet 2540 is an Energy Star certified printer that takes care of your printing, scanning and copying needs on the push of a button. HP DeskJet 2540 Not Printing is one of the errors which may happen from time to time while you may be using your printer for various tasks and purposes in your daily work routine. Given this error, the users may be presented with plenty of techniques to resolve this issue. Given the inclination by each one of the user to go through some do-it-yourself, you might end up getting your printer back to printing. However, beyond the basics, the idea of how to resolve the HP DeskJet 2540 Not Printing issue rests completely with the experts whom you may contact for a speedy resolution.
HP DeskJet 2540 Printers – Step-by-step Printing Issues Resolution
HP DeskJet 2540 Not Printing issue can leave you stranded and lost on how to move ahead to troubleshoot the problem. When we look for potential reasons behind the issue, it could be a problem caused by low levels ink on the toner, jammed papers, incorrect papers size, erroneous paper settings or any other. Here we go through the steps to resolve this issue with expert advice:
Step 1 – Erase Job Files And Start Again
When you go for a print in HP DeskJet 2540, a print job is sent to the printer and a file is created on your system. There may be times when these files get corrupt leading to problems. To reset your print setup properly with your system for eliminating the HP DeskJet 2540 Not Printing issue, you need to erase these print job files manually and start your computer and the printer all over again.
- Use the power button to turn off the HP DeskJet 2540 printer and then remove the printer power plug from the wall socket.
- Save your tasks on your computer. After going through these steps, your current print jobs are erased and will require to be print them again.
- Open Windows Services – press Windows key+R on your keyboard, key in services.msc, and then click OK.
- Go through the list of services and find “Print Spooler”. Right-click Print Spooler and choose ‘Stop’ as a next step towards resolving the HP DeskJet 2540 Not Printing problem.
- Close the service window after stopping the service and open Windows Explorer to reach to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS.
- Within the Printers folder, Delete all files.
- Next, shut down your computer.
- After unplugging for at least 60 seconds, plug the power cord again.
- Turn on the printer as well as computer and wait for Windows to open.
- Try printing again. This should stop the HP DeskJet 2540 Not Printing problem.
Related: HP Deskjet 1000 Not Printing
Step 2: Use Original HP ink cartridges
HP always advices to use original HP ink or toner for your printer. HP does not guarantee the reliability or quality of refilled or non-HP cartridges. To verify the authenticity of your cartridges, you need to go to the HP anti-counterfeit webpage.
Also, any rough handling of your HP DeskJet 2540 at the store or during set up can cause HP DeskJet 2540 Not Printing problems with newly installed cartridges. If you see print issues with your installed ink cartridges, you need to wait for a few hours for the completing of automatic servicing routine to try to print once again. In case, a genuine HP ink cartridges is installed in the printer and it still does not print, continue to the next step.
Step 3: Allow the printer to rest
Sometimes, printing issues can be taken care of by giving a period of inactivity to your printer. Ideally, waiting for about 30 minutes helps, and then try the print job once again.
- If the above-mentioned resolved the HP DeskJet 2540 Not Printing issue, you need not continue with troubleshooting.
- If the issue persists, continue with the next.
Related: HP Officejet Pro 6968 Not Printing
Step 4: Check the Printing paper
Follow these steps to ensure that the paper is proper for the print job. If it is not, get the printer the appropriate paper type.
- In the input tray, load the paper print side down on its printing side, such as when you load the photo paper or envelopes. Sometimes the non-printing side gets loaded and stops from printing.
- Use clean, wrinkle-free rather than curled or wrinkled paper.
Use correct paper type:
- For everyday text documents, use plain paper with ColorLok technology that works well with HP ink. For dense printing, you need to use HP Advanced Photo Paper to stop the HP DeskJet 2540 Not Printing issue.
- Store photo paper in its original packaging on a flat surface in a dry and cool, place. You only need to load 10-20 sheets at once only when you are ready to print.
After going through these guidelines, try to print again.
Step 5: Check the print settings
Check the print settings for print job in Windows.
- Within application you are trying to print from, click File, and then click on Print. This opens the Print window.
- Open Properties dialog box.
- Depending on your print task, you may decide on modifying the below-mentioned settings:
- Paper Size: Choose the correct paper size if you are printing on a different size of paper than you normally print with. This should help you with the HP DeskJet 2540 Not Printing issue.
- Print Quality: Set the print quality to Best, Normal, and Draft modes according to the requirement. To print more frequently, reduce the print quality. These options can be chosen from the relevant window.
- Paper Type: When printing on photo paper, choose the type of photo paper you are trying to print with.
- Black and White: If you need to print in black only, choose the grayscale option.
- After choosing the printer settings as mentioned above, click OK to apply the settings, and then click on Print. This will help you with HP DeskJet 2540 Not Printing issue.
Step 6 – Resetting HP Deskjet 2540
- Power on your HP DeskJet 2540 printer in case it is not switched on.
- Next, Wait for some time before performing any action.
- Next, proceed only when the printer is idle and silent. In case, the printer is going through some action or making some noise, then you need to wait before going for the reset.
- Now, Unplug the power cord from the HP DeskJet 2540 printer with your HP printer is turned on.
- Check the printer settings to ensure that the printer settings are changed from customized to factory settings.
- Change to factory defaults from the network settings by going to the printer control panel.
- Press and hold the Wireless and Cancel button at once for five seconds. Release the buttons to see if the settings have changed. This will help you get rid of the HP DeskJet 2540 Not Printing issue.
If you’re still getting the issue then try contacting hp deskjet 2540 setup team for help.