Being one of the biggest makers of electronic devices, Toshiba has turned into a brand of importance on the planet. Toshiba products are top-of-the-line. It ranges from laptops, TV, PCs, printers, and much more. Toshiba also offers top-class assistance to its customers. However, if you own Toshiba printers, then you have bought yourself a good item. They are very reliable, and their performance is absolutely good. However, you may face some challenges while setting it up. In the following blog, we will discuss how to perform the Toshiba printer setup. We will explain the process of connecting it via wire and Wi-Fi. So, let’s get started.
How to Do Toshiba Printer Setup By Using a USB Cable?
One of the common ways to link the Toshiba Printer to your personal computer is through a USB cable. However, Toshiba does not provide a USB cable along with the printer. Also, make sure that you connect the USB cable after or during the installation of the MFP driver and not before that. There are many USB cables on the market. Thus, ensure that you buy a USB that has AT/PC and is a perfect fit for your PC and printer. Here are the steps that you should follow for a Toshiba printer setup using a USB cable.
- Firstly, get a suitable USB cable.
- Insert the USB cable into the printing machine’s port.
- On the other hand, insert the USB cable into the port of your PC/Laptop.
- Ensure the green power light is ON.
- Go to the start menu.
- Select ‘Devices and Printers.’
- After that, choose the Add Printer option.
- Choose the connected printer from the list.
At last, take out a print to ensure that the printer is connected and working smoothly.
How to Link Toshiba Printer Through Bluetooth?
Here are the steps to set up your Toshiba Printer through the computer’s Bluetooth
- Ensure that the wireless antenna is turned “ON” on the computer.
- By choosing Programmes> Bluetooth Toshiba Stack> Bluetooth Manager from the Windows Start Menu, you can turn on the computer’s Bluetooth module.
- After that, ensure that the Bluetooth icon is visible in the taskbar.
- Install a Bluetooth-enabled printer driver.
- Now, go to the Window’s control panel.
- Choose the ‘Add Printer’ option.
- Ensure that you choose the Bluetooth COM port as the printer port.
- Select the Bluetooth Service Centre, and it will start to discover the available printers. The printer’s device name will be shown with the status “Not connected.”
- Choose the printer from the list. You will be required to enter a Bluetooth Passkey (PIN) if security is enabled.
- Select “Connect” from the Bluetooth Service Centre menu.
- Decide which COM port client service on your computer you want to use to connect to Bluetooth. This needs to be the same COM port that you used to install the printer.
- You can now use Bluetooth to print.
How to Setup Toshiba Printer Over a WiFi?
Here are the steps to set up your Toshiba Printer over your network.
- Firstly, switch ON your Toshiba printer.
- After that, wait for the Network initialization signs on its screen.
- Press the ‘user function’ button on the number panel.
- Select the Admin Panel on the screen.
- Enter the password.
- After confirming the password, choose the wireless setting option on the screen.
- Click on ‘wireless setting.’
- Turn ON the Wireless LAN.
- Press Next.
- Choose the ‘Infrastructure’ as Network Type.
- On the new slide, select ‘Available Network.’
- Select SSID and press next.
- Now, you will find Wireless LAN Security Settings. Here, choose the security type.
- Press next and enter the password.
- Confirm the Transmit Power you want to use. Mostly preferred is 100%.
- Press Next and check the settings once again.
- Click on Finish to connect your Toshiba printer to your network.
Download Toshiba Printer Drivers
Before linking your Toshiba printers to your computer, you need to download suitable Toshiba printer drivers. The process to download is different for Windows and Mac. We will discuss each one by one.
The driver for your Toshiba printer can be manually downloaded and installed on your computer. Follow these steps.
- Go to the computer’s Device Manager.
- Double-click Printers or Print queues.
- To update your printer’s driver (or driver software), right-click on it and choose Update driver.
- Choose Automatically check for driver software updates.
- Then, update the driver for your printer by following the on-screen wizard.
- Navigate to copiers.toshiba.com after starting the browser.
- Choose “Drivers” from the list of options on the right.
- Choose from Mac OS options.
- Select “Open with” and then click “OK.”
- After that, the “Downloads” window will appear. To download, double-click now.
- The printer driver installation will start.
- After the driver installation starts, click Continue.
- Click Agree on the “Licence Agreement” page.
- Continue with ‘Install the software.’
- At last, a successful installation message will appear on the screen.
Following the completion of the Toshiba printer driver installation on a Mac, the printing setup procedure is described in detail below. It is important to notify your Mac that you have installed a printer driver.
- Click on “Apple” in the upper left corner.
- After that, choose “System Preferences.”
- Select privacy and security.
- To unlock the General Tab, click on Lock.
- Enter your NUSD password.
- After that, choose the “Anywhere” option and shut the window.
- Install the Toshiba driver.
- From the system preferences option, select “print and scan” from the menu.
- To add a new device, type “ +.”
- Enter the IP address.
- From the drop-down menu, choose “Use” and then choose TOSHIBA MFP
- Select “Add.”
- Your Toshiba printer driver is finally linked to your Mac.
Are Toshiba Printers supportable on all laptops and PCs?
Yes, Toshiba printers are supportable on all sorts of laptops and PCs having any type of OS. All you have to do is to download the right printer driver according to the OS.
Can I connect the Toshiba printer using an ethernet cable?
- Start your computer, plug in the Ethernet wire, and connect it to the network.
- After that, select Start, and on the right side of the menu, click “Devices and Printers.”
- Select “Add a printer” from the menu.
- Then select “Add a network, Bluetooth, or wireless printer.”
- Choose the printer from the list.
- It will automatically establish a connection with the printer.
Does Toshiba provide support for printers?
The client faces numerous issues like establishment, performance, and network issues. However, Toshiba executives are responsive about pinpointing the client issues and helping to resolve them quickly.
Do Toshiba printers allow printing through Bluetooth connectivity?
Yes, Toshiba offers the feature of printing through Bluetooth connectivity. After installing the printer driver, enable the Bluetooth module and connect with your printer to take out your copies.