Absolutely Free Support Services
HP LaserJet p1108 is a monochrome laser printer that comes up with a single function and offers reliable printing solutions at affordable prices. You can connect the printer either using a USB connection or the wireless setup over a network. Here, we will discuss the entire steps for HP Laserjet p1108 Setup, including the driver downloading, installation, and connection process. The user needs to first check the compatibility of the device for performing the HP LaserJet p1108 WIFI Setup. You can command the printing task directly from your system. The printer allows you to handle hassle-free printing tasks, even remotely.
Device Compatibility for HP Laserjet p1108 Setup
HP LaserJet printer is compatible with various versions of the operating system. It is applicable for both, Windows OS and Mac OS. Moreover, the printer fits even with the small memory space and under normal temperature ranges. Here is the list of system requirements for HP LaserJet p1108:
- Windows 10 (32 bits and 64 bits)
- Windows 8.1 (32 bits and 64 bits)
- Windows 8 (32 bits and 64 bits)
- Windows Vista (32 bits and 64 bits)
- Windows XP (32 bits and 64 bits)
- Mac OS 10.5.x to 10.15.x
So, if you are working on the system with these requirements, then you may proceed with the installation and connection process. Otherwise, change the system first with the compatible one, and then follow up with the Hp LaserJet p1108 Setup process.
Related: HP laserjet p1102w wireless setup
Download and Install Driver and Software Package For HP LaserJet p1108 WIFI Setup
To download and install the driver and software package, firstly you need to connect the system with a high-speed internet connection. After that, go to the official HP website and search for the driver package that is suitable for your system. Follow the steps below to download and install the driver package.
- Firstly, switch ON your system and connect it with the active network connection.
- Now, go online on the official HP website, and hit the ‘Driver and Software’ section in the menu bar.
- A new page will open up on the screen, enter the name and model number of the printer as ‘HP LaserJet p1108’.
- Hit the enter key.
- After that, hit the download button next to the driver package.
- Wait for the download to complete.
- As soon as the download finishes, hit the downloaded link to begin the installation process.
- The installer will open up on the screen, so you can agree to the terms and conditions to proceed.
- Hit the next button and go with the flow of instructions.
- Lastly, click on the Finish button to end the process.
After downloading and installing the drivers successfully, check for any error message on the screen. If there is any, then follow up with the troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. If not, then move to the next step for connection of HP LaserJet p1108 Setup.
Connect HP LaserJet p1108 to the Computer – Complete Guidelines
To connect the printer with the computer, firstly the user has to arrange a fresh and secure USB cable for the wired connection. Also, make sure that there is not any hardware damage to the system or the USB. After that, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, switch ON the computer, and connect it with the high-speed internet connection.
- Turn the Printer ON and wait for the LED to glow.
- After that, connect the cable from the Printer to the Computer.
- Now, go to Start, then Control Panel, go to ‘Devices and Printers’.
- Click on the option, ‘Add a Printer’.
- The screen will then send a prompt message asking for the path of the setup file.
- Go with the flow of instructions and lastly, click on the finish button.
- Now, you can send the commands to the printer for the entire printing task.
Also, you can print the test page before sending any command to test the connection. If the test page prints successfully, it means that there is a successful connection. If the test page does not print successfully, then you have to follow up with the troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem.
Related: HP Laserjet M1136 MFP Setup
HP LaserJet p1108 WIFI Setup – Wireless Network Setup
You can also connect the printer using the wireless network connection. It is a more suitable method as compared to the wired connection because of its reliability. Moreover, there are fewer chances of any hardware failure and faults. Follow the steps below for the HP LaserJet p1108 Setup wirelessly over a network.
- Firstly, switch ON the computer and connect it with the high-speed internet connection.
- Go online on the official website at 123.hp.com/laserjet.
- Download HP Easy Start and install the program.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and follow the instructions to end the process.
- On the connection page, click on the ‘wireless network’ option.
- After that click on the Next button.
- Choose the name of the Printer for HP Laserjet p1108 Setup, and click on the ‘continue’ button.
- The screen will now show the ‘Wireless Network Setup’ page.
- Enter the password, click on the ‘continue’ button.
- After that, it saves the WIFI settings on your system so that you can connect successfully.
- Now, the screen will ask you to select the software page. So, choose the full driver package.
- Finally, click on the finish button to end up the process.
It now completes the HP Laserjet p1108 Setup. Make sure to connect your system with an active internet connection throughout the setup process. If there is any fluctuation or low speed of the network, you may face failures and other issues in the HP LaserJet p1108 WFI Setup process. You can print the test page to check the connection. After that, send the commands directly from the computer using the wireless network connection and let the printer complete the printing jobs hassle-free. If you need any help contact hp printer support team.