HP Printer Missing Lines When Printing
Absolutely Free Support Services
HP Printer may be missing lines while printing your document. It can be due to the dried-up ink on the nozzle, or it can also be due to the contact of the nozzle with the plastic covering on the other side. Moreover, you may also face the problem of HP Printer Missing Lines When Printing in case of low ink in the cartridge, incorrect paper thickness, color mixing issues, and much more. The user needs to configure out the exact cause of the problem to solve it and print the document entirely without missing any line.
Why HP Printer Missing Lines When Printing?
Let us first discuss the possible factors that can be responsible for the problem. Then we will work on these factors to troubleshoot the problem and resolve it for accurate printing results. So, here are the causes of Missing Lines When Printing:
- Firstly, the main factor responsible for this can be the blocked ink on the nozzle which may restrict the flow of the ink to the paper, and thus it will miss the lines. It may occur in case you haven’t used the printer for a long time, or in inaccurate temperature conditions.
- Secondly, the problem may arise if one or more ink cartridges are showing low or no ink. If there will be no ink in the cartridge then the lines for that color may show as missing.
- Also, the color mixing can be the cause of the problem when the nozzle of the ink may come in direct contact with the plastic covering.
- HP Printer Missing Lines When Printing can also occur due to incorrect alignment of the print head. If the print head is not properly aligned in its actual place then the lines go missing while printing.
- It can also be because you have entered the wrong thickness of the paper you are using in the settings option.
So, all these factors can cause the Missing lines issue with your HP printer. You need to focus on some troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem so that you can print your document as a whole without any missing lines.
Troubleshoot and Fix HP Printer Missing Lines When Printing
You can apply these steps to fix the missing lines issue that your printer is showing. Make sure to check for the solution of the problem after each step by performing the print job.
Clean the Print Head
The very first step that you can adhere to solve the “HP Printer Missing Lines When Printing” issue, is a thorough cleaning of the cartridge and print head. The dried ink or the dust particles can restrict the flow of ink due to which the print head may not be able to write properly. So, follow the steps below for it:
- Firstly, navigate to the ‘Settings’ option on the panel of the printer.
- Then, press the option ‘clean print head’ or ‘clean cartridge’.
- If you are using the HP printer that does not have a screen, then go to ‘Control Panel, and then go to ‘Devices and Printers.
- After that, right-click on the ‘Printer’ option in the list.
- Then, click on ‘Printing Properties’.
- Check for an option to clean the print head in the list.
- Finally, run the print command to find if there are still ‘missing lines’ on your document or not. If yes, then follow the next step.
Cleaning Cartridges and Nozzles
Sometimes, the dusty or blocked cartridges and nozzles can also be responsible for the HP Printer Missing Lines When Printing issue. So, to solve the problem you have to clean them properly. So, follow the steps below for cleaning:
- Firstly, print a page from the printer and check for the missing color.
- So, this will tell you about the ink cartridge that is blocked. Now open the cartridge door and take out the same color ink cartridge that is not working.
- Check the nozzle of that cartridge and wipe it off with a damp paper towel or any lint-free cloth. You can use distilled water also for dipping the cloth and then wiping it off. Let it fry properly.
- After that, reinstall the cartridge in its proper place.
- Close the cartridge door, and finally perform the printing job.
- If there are no missing lines, then it means you can continue with your printer tasks. If still, you are facing HP Printer Missing Lines When Printing issue, then follow the next step.
Checking all Cartridges for Low or No Ink
Another main reason for the “Missing Lines” issue with the HP printer can be low or no ink levels on the cartridge. So, you need to check each cartridge for the proper ink level. In the modern printer, the device will itself provide the error or warning in case of low ink. But, for some models of the HP printer, you need to check the ink level manually. For this, open the cartridge door and take out all the ink cartridges. Check the ink levels. In case of any low ink cartridge, replace it with the new compatible and genuine ink cartridge. After that, perform the printing task and check for the solution of the HP Printer Missing Lines When Printing issue.
Check the Paper Specifications
If you have entered the wrong paper specifications in the settings option, then also you may face the same issue. So, to fix the issue you need to check the paper thickness and other specifications and match it with the settings panel. If there is any miss-match of the specifications, then make it clear and correct.
Also, make sure that you are using paper that is compatible with your printer model. Since all printers have different paper compatibility requirements, so you need to check if your paper is compatible or not. If not, then replace it with the one that fulfills the printer paper requirements. Finally, check for the success of the HP Printer Missing Lines When Printing issue.
More helpful guides: