HP Printers are a great way to handle all your printing, scanning, and copying tasks. You can use these printers efficiently due to their high productivity and reliability. Also, in certain cases, the user needs to perform Reset HP Printer. It can be any situation, such as any error or failure, printer not working, or refreshing the printer. Resetting the printer will make most of its settings return to the default working, while others continue to be the same. There will be no change in the language settings, tray size, and page count. There is a simple procedure to reset the printer which we will discuss here.
How Do I Reset My HP Printer to Factory Settings?
To perform the Reset HP Printer to its factory settings, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, switch OFF the printer.
- Now, disconnect the printer from the main power source.
- Wait for a few seconds, around 20-30 seconds.
- After that, turn ON the printer again and hold the resume button for 10 to 20 seconds.
- Wait for the Attention light to glow.
- As the light glows, release the resume button.
- The printer will perform the factory reset and its resume and ready light keep on processing for the entire process.
Users mainly choose the factory reset for troubleshooting any errors or issues with the printer. If you are facing any issue with your HP printer, and unable to resolve it by any hook or crook, then perform a reset. The reset will make the device run like when you use it for the first time. It will maintain all its settings to default.
Related: How to reset dell printer
How Do I Manually Reset My HP Printer?
To perform Reset HP Printer, firstly you need to check the model of the printer you are using. The settings may differ slightly as per the model of the printer. But, most of the models follow up with this procedure as below:
- Firstly, switch ON the printer, and use its panel to navigate to the ‘Setup’ option.
- After that, go to ‘Tools’.
- Click on the ‘The restore Defaults’ option.
- Finally, click on the Yes button.
- Wait for the printer to perform the reset operation.
- After the reset processing is complete, restart the computer to apply the resetting.
Is There a Reset Button on HP Printers?
There is no direct reset button in the P printer. You can choose to perform the Reset HP Printer using the F11 option. That means you need to press the ESC and F11 keys simultaneously. Also, press the power button and hold it for a few seconds. After that, unplug the main power cable. For the complete reset of the Printer, press the power button and hold it for 20 seconds.
Related: how to reset canon printer
How To Perform Reset HP Printer without a Touch Display?
There are certain models of the HP printer that does not come with the LCD. These can be DeskJet printers, inkjet printers, and all-in-one printers. Perform the steps below for Reset HP Printer without LCD.
- Firstly, click on the cancel button to wake the printer from sleep mode.
- After that, press the ‘wireless’ button and hold it for a few seconds.
- Also, hold the cancel button along with the wireless button. Press both the buttons for five seconds.
- Now, the printer will start performing the reset operation.
- Restart the device after the reset to apply the settings.
You can apply this procedure to all the HP printers that do not have an LDC display. The resetting will help you to resolve and fix any issue that you may encounter in the printer with the connection, setup, or working process.
How To Perform Reset HP Printer with a Touch Display?
There are certain models of the HP printer that have an LCD or we can say touch screen. Perform the steps below for Reset HP Printer with touch screen:
- Firstly, switch ON your printer.
- Press its wireless button and hold it for a few seconds till you encounter the ‘attention’ and ‘ready’ light starts blinking.
- After that, the reset process will start, Wait for it to complete.
- Restart the printer to apply the changes.
Related: How to reset samsung printer
What is the Cold Reset For HP Printer?
You can find an option for Cold Reset on the HP printers. The cold reset allows the printer to make all the changes for the new printer using the factory resetting. After resetting HP Printer, the user can get back the configuration information from the BOOTP server. If there is any data corruption in the configuration information, then the printer requires a cold reset. Follow the steps below for cold Reset HP Printer:
- Firstly, switch ON the printer.
- Now, access the control panel of the device.
- Press the ‘Select’ button and hold it for a few seconds.
- After that, check for all the three LED lights to glow and release the ‘select’ button.
- Now, the control panel will ask you for the language selection.
- After that, use the down arrow key and check for the option ‘Cold Reset’.
- Finally, click on the ‘Select’ button.
- Follow the instructions.
- Wait for the reset to complete.
Why do I need To Perform Reset HP Printer?
If you are facing any issue within your printer other than the task handles by your printer, then you can prefer to choose reset. Reset is mainly performed when all the other ways for fixing the issue don’t work. It will erase up the entire data and settings of the device and make it run like a new one, which you use for the first time. Performing the reset can help to resolve various issues and help the user to proceed with their tasks properly. However, the reset option must be chosen as the last option as you may face various issues and waste a lot of time over it. If you need more help then contact hp printer support team.