HP LaserJet 1018 WIFI Setup
HP LaserJet 1018
Hp LaserJet is a multifunctional printer that helps you to print the files and documents along with the copying and scanning tasks. The printer is shaped liked a bread-bin with a flexible paper tray. The input tray can accommodate 150 sheets at a time. You can print in high quality and get reliable printing solutions with these printers. The printer enables you to print the documents wirelessly. You have to make a secure connection with your computer by performing ‘HP LaserJet 1018 WIFI Setup’. Connect both the devices to the same network for a successful connection. The setup process includes unpacking the printer, assembling, downloading and installing the drivers, connecting with the device. Here we will discuss in detail the process for setting up the printer wirelessly.
System Requirements for HP LaserJet 1018 WIFI Setup
To connect the printer with your computer using the WIFI connection, you have to first check the system requirements of the device. The system must be compatible with the device for a secure connection. If there is any compatibility issue between the two devices, the setup process will fail. Check the system requirements below:
- Windows: Windows 10 (32 bits/64 bits), Windows 8.1 (32 bits/64 bits), Windows 8 (32 bits/64 bits), Windows 7 (32 bits/64 bits), Windows Vista (32 bits/64 bits), Windows XP (32 bits/64 bits)
- Mac Operating System
You can proceed with the download and installation of drivers and software on the system with one of these operating systems. The system will be eligible to command the printer for any task.
Related: Hp laserjet 1020 setup
Downloading and Installing the Driver and Software For HP LaserJet 1018
To use the printing services of the printer, it is recommended to first download and install the drivers corresponding to it. In absence of the particular drivers, the printer will not be able to respond to the computer. Also, if your system already includes these drivers, then check for any updates. There must be no pending updates corresponding to the drivers to get the successful printing results. Follow the steps below to download and install the software for HP LaserJet 1018 WIFI Setup.
- Switch ON the computer.
- Connect it to an active internet connection.
- Now, type the official web link of the HP printers.
- Navigate to ‘Software and drivers’ on the home page.
- Now, add the name and model number of the printer. Type HP LaserJet 1018, and hit the enter key.
- The screen will display the drivers that are compatible with your printer.
- Hit the download button corresponding to the drivers.
- Wait for the download process to completely download the files.
- As soon as the download is finished, proceed with the installation process.
- To install the drivers, hit the downloaded file.
- It will open up, then agree to the terms and conditions.
- Proceed with the flow of instructions by clicking on the Next button.
- End up the installation process by clicking the ‘Finish’ button. The installation is the main part of the HP LaserJet 1018 WIFI Setup.
- It will now make your computer accessible to the printer. The computer can now command any printing, scanning and copying task to the printer without any failure.
You can also install the drivers directly from the compact disk that you get with the printer packed in its box. Place the CD in the computer and install the drivers directly. But, this process requires some professional knowledge and the chances of failure are high in this case. It is hence better to download and install the drivers directly online. After the success of the installation process, you have to head over to the last step i.e. connection process. You have to connect the system so that they can communicate and finish up the HP LaserJet 1018 WIFI Setup.
Related: Hp laserjet p1102w wireless setup
Wireless Connection between Computer and the Printer
To connect the device, make sure that you have finished the driver installation process with a success. Also, check that the device is compatible with the printer. Now connect the printer with the same network to which the computer is connected. Maintain a high speed of the internet to proceed with the HP LaserJet 1018 WIFI Setup. Follow the steps below:
- Connect your printer to the main power source and switch it ON.
- Connect it with a high-speed internet connection.
- Navigate to the control panel, and choose the wireless option in the wizard.
- Now, open the control panel on your computer and go to settings.
- Select the ‘Printers and Scanners; option.
- Click on the option ‘Add a printer.
- Select the name of your printer, and click the ok button.
- Close all the windows.
- Check the secure connection between two devices by sending the printing command from the computer.
- If the printer prints successfully, it means that there is a success of the HP LaserJet 1018 WIFI Setup process.
- Otherwise, you have to follow up with the troubleshooting measures to resolve the problem and continue with the connection.
The main reason behind the failure of the connection process is the bad speed of the internet connection. You need to maintain the internet connection throughout the printing process. Also, check that the network is not overloaded with several devices connected to it. It may impact the speed of the network and lead to failure in the connection or setup process.
Another main reason can be corresponding to the empty ink cartridges, or the ink cartridges are not placed properly at their places. You have to place the ink cartridges at their designated slot for each colour. The printer will not work if the colour on the slot does not match with the ink cartridge.
Also, check that you continue with the HP LaserJet 1018 WIFI Setup process on the device that is compatible with the printer. In case of incompatibility between the devices, you have to face failure at the end of the HP LaserJet 1018 WIFI Setup process. Contact our experts for hp printer support
team for help.