Ricoh Printers are affordable high-quality printers that can act as multifunctional machines. It delivers optimum results for print, copy, and scan jobs. To use the multifunctional printer and handle your printing jobs, you need to first follow up with the complete Ricoh Printer Setup process. The Setup process consists of downloading and installing drivers, connecting the printer with the device using a wired or wireless connection, and printing the test page. To connect the printer to the device there are various methods like using USB, WIFI connection, Push Button, etc. For a successful connection and setup, always choose the device compatible with the printer.
Setting up Ricoh printers with compatible devices
Ricoh Printer works well with a range of devices that meet its system requirements. You can download and install the drivers on these devices. Only the Ricoh-compatible device will be able to respond to the drivers and perform the printing, copying, and scanning jobs efficiently. Here is the list of compatible devices:
|Windows Operating System||Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server|
|Linux Operating System||Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu, SUSE Linux|
|Mac Operating System||Mac OS X v10.6, 0.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 11, 12, 13|
|Apple Devices||iPhones, iPad, and Tablets|
|Android Devices||Android Phones and Tablets|
|Browsers||Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox|
Ricoh Drivers and Software: How Do I Download and Install Them?
Ricoh printers work efficiently if you download and install the drivers compatible with them. These drivers help the device have a proper connection with the printer and perform all the tasks precisely. So, here are the steps to follow:
- Firstly, connect your device to the internet and open the web browser.
- Now, open the web link http://support.ricoh.com/bb/html/dr_ut_e/rc3/model/p_i/p_i.htm?lang=en
- Enter the operating system of the device you are using.
- Select the language as English.
- Click on the download link to start the driver downloading.
- After finishing the Driver downloading, run the executable file.
- The installer wizard will open up on the screen.
- Agree to the terms and conditions of the installer.
- Click on the next button to proceed.
- Finally, click on the ‘Finish’ button to end the installation.
How to connect the Ricoh Printer to the computer using a wired connection
Ricoh printers are applicable for the wired connection using the USB cable. There is a quick process for Ricoh Printer Setup using USB. Follow the steps below to continue:
- Take a fresh USB cable that is not damaged from any side.
- Then, connect and insert one end of the cable into the printer’s port.
- Insert the other end of the cable into the computer’s port.
- After that, turn ON the printer and wait for it to respond
- Finally, check the successful connection and print the test page to confirm it.
How to connect a Ricoh printer wirelessly over a network
The user can also use the internet connection to connect the printer wirelessly. The wireless connection requires a high-speed internet connection and the device compatible with it. So, follow the steps below for a wireless Ricoh Printer connection.
- Firstly, connect the device to the internet.
- Open the installer and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Choose the connection method as ‘Wireless Connection’.
- Select the access point.
- Enter the Network password and click on the Next button.
- Check for success.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
- Finally, click on the Finish button.
- After that, open the control panel of the computer and go to ‘Devices and Printers.
- Click on ‘Add a Device.
- Choose the Printer name and hit the Add button.
- Lastly, click the OK button.
So, it completes the wireless Ricoh Printer Setup. You can now send the print command and check for a successful connection.
Connect Ricoh Printer Directly to Computer – Ricoh Printer Setup
Ricoh printer consists of soft AP functions that help to connect with the printer directly. It can act as a virtual router and handles printing tasks efficiently without any errors. So, here are the steps to follow:
- Firstly, press the power button and hold it for 2 seconds.
- Check for the power light to be blue.
- To enable the Soft AP function, again press the power key and hold it for at least 2 seconds. Check for the power light to flash two times.
- Now, insert the paper into the input tray of the printer.
- Press the power button three times continuously.
- Go to the taskbar of the computer, and press the Wireless icon.
- Click on the ‘Printer’ option from the list.
- Enter the password of the Soft AP function.
- Hit the connect button.
So, this completes the direct connection between the computer and the printer using the Soft AP function. You can use the printer manual or settings sheet to check the AP function password.
Ricoh Printer Connect to WIFI using WPS Method – Ricoh Printer Setup
Ricoh printers also support Wi-Fi Protected Setup using the Push button. It is a quick and easy procedure to follow up with the wireless connection. For the connection, make sure that the router also supports WPS and has a push button on it. After that, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, turn ON the printer.
- Check for the WPS button on it.
- Press and hold the WPS button for a few seconds. You can use a pin or sharp point to press the button.
- After that, press and hold the push button on the router for a few seconds.
- Connect the devices following the on-screen instruction.
- Add the password and click on Connect.
- Finally, check for a secure connection and continue with the printing.
How do I Connect Ricoh Printer to the Network?
- Choose ‘Wireless connection’ on the installer wizard. Choose the name of the network and add the password to connect to it.
- Secondly, you can use the Soft AP function for the wireless connection.
- Another method for Ricoh’s connection to a network is by using the WPS method.
How do I Get My Ricoh Printer to Print?
How to Connect my Printer to Windows 10?
- Firstly, open the control panel of the computer.
- Go to ‘Devices and Printers.
- Click on ‘Add a Printer.
- Choose the name of the printer, and click on the OK button.
- Finally, close all the windows and confirm the connection by sending a command from the computer to the printer.