The Canon Pixma MP287 is an all-in-one colour Inkjet printer that combines simplicity with good looks for all your needs of a versatile and multifunctional printing machine. Providing small cost per print with its high capacity cartridge, the Canon Pixma MP287 makes for a cost-effective printing option for your needs of home or office. Increase your creative choices with Canon Pixma MP287 Wireless Setup by printing your favourite video frame or any document with full print clarity. Symbolizing simply style, elegance and true perfection right out of the best in the world of printing, the Pixma MP287 makes everyday printing, scanning and copying tasks easier than ever before.
Indeed, wireless printing can be quite useful to fulfil your day-to-day needs of workplace or home. Many latest Canon printers can connect to your wireless network directly. This will assist you to instruct your printer to print from any computer or mobile device on your network. That way, you can also print from your favourite Canon Pixma MP 287 printer using your Android or iOS devices. We will see here how it is done with the right configuration and settings. Canon Pixma MP287 Wireless Setup is a multi-steps procedure that will help your printer run efficiently.
How do I connect my Canon Pixma MP287 printer to WIFI?
How do I connect my Canon Pixma MP287 to my laptop?
- First of all, you will require to prepare for all things needed for going ahead with the setup such as the printer, the laptop, the USB cable that connects the computer to the printer as well as also the CD driver.
- Also, you must ensure that the USB cable is compatible with the USB slot in your compute for starting with Canon Pixma MP287 Wireless Setup.
- If you don’t have the CD drive in your system, then you can simply download the installation files from the Canon printer website.
- And, you must download the one that is compatible with your Pixma model.
- Once done with these, you simply need to run the installation setup application from the CD driver or from the files that you downloaded.
- The next thing is waiting for the process to be end.
- During the process, you may be asked to select options such as installation locations, the components, your name and some various other points.
- Once the installation wizard finishes, your Canon Pixma MP287 printer is ready to go. You need to print a test page to make sure that Canon Pixma Setup is complete.
Related: Canon pixma mg2522 wireless setup
Canon Pixma MP287 Wireless Setup:
- Make it sure that the Canon MP287 printer is turned on.
- Now, press and hold the Wi-Fi button situated on your printer top until the alarm lamp flashes orange once. Then release the button.
- Next, ensure that the Wi-Fi button starts to flash blue. Go to the access point and press the WPS button within 2 minutes.
- The Canon Pixma MP287 printer is turned on.
- Place a sheet of Letter-sized or A4 plain paper inside the printer.
- Press and hold the Cancel Button till the orange light flashes 15 times and then release it. This will print the network information page.
- This ends the WPS procedure for setup.
- Install the Canon Pixma MP287 Wireless Setup application to run your printer.
Installing Canon Pixma MP287 driver
For this, you will require the installation CD for the Canon Pixma MP287 printer as well as a CD Drive within your computer. Connect your printer with the help of USB cable and run the installation CD. Once you have connected to the Printer via USB, the PC should self-detect the Canon Pixma MP287 printer. You can then proceed with the installation procedure.
Installing Canon Pixma MP287 printer driver with downloaded file
For this, you will require to download the Canon Pixma MP287 printer driver file from the Canon official website and use a USB cable to link to the printer for Canon Pixma MP287 Wireless Setup procedure.
Connect the USB cable to the Canon printer when you are prompted to do so. Log in as an administrator in your system in order to run a setup file. When asked, link the USB cable between the Canon printer and the PC and then go ahead with the remaining steps of the installation procedure.
Manually Installing Canon Pixma MP287 printer driver
Download the appropriate Canon Printer setup file for Canon Pixma MP287 printer from the Canon website. Using a USB cable, connect your Canon Printer to your PC. Unzip the Driver files, go to Start > Printer > Add a Printer. Then click on the downloaded Driver files and complete the installation process.
Related: Canon mx410 wireless setup
Canon Pixma MP287 Wireless Setup For Android Device
Set up your printer in such a manner that it is connected to the network computer. Before you begin printing from your Android device, your printer needs to be connected to your home network or directly to your computer via USB. Next, you will be adding the printer to Google Cloud Print. This will help you to send print tasks to it from anywhere from any app that supports printing.
In case your printer supports Google Cloud Print, you will need to add it using a computer that the printer is already installed on for Canon Pixma MP287 Wireless Setup to continue with its next step.
Related: Canon pixma mx490 setup
Step 1: Check your Android OS version
- Firstly, you must check the Android smartphone environment.
- Further, you need to check the version of your Android OS by going to “About device” in “Settings” on the Android device.
- Now, install Canon print Inkjet/Selphy on your Android smartphone.
- Download and install Canon Print Selphy app from the Google Play on your device.
- Tap the Play Store icon on your Android device to open Google Play as a next step with Canon Pixma MP287 Wireless Setup.
- Now, Tap the search icon.
- Type “Canon print Inkjet/Selphy” in the search field and tap the search icon.
- Choose “Canon print inkjet/selphy” in the search results and install it.
- Now, turn on your Android smartphone for further steps with the Canon Pixma MP287 Wireless Setup.
- Your Android smartphone should not be in airplane mode.
- Open menu key on your Android smartphone to open Settings.
- Turn the Wi-Fi ON by tapping on the Wi-Fi tab.
- Next, Press the menu button.
- Press the up arrow, down arrow buttons to choose Wi-Fi Settings. Press the OK button.
- Now, press the up arrow, down arrow buttons to choose Connection Settings, and then press the OK button.
- Check the displayed Canon Pixma MP287 printer name and press the OK button.
- The name displayed indicates the printer name displayed on the device you are connecting to via the Wi-Fi system.
- Select the connection method.
- Press the up arrow, down arrow buttons to choose “Direct Connection”, and then press the OK button.
- Use your Android device to link to the network displayed on the printer screen as a next step towards Canon Pixma MP287 Wireless Setup.
- In the Android device’s Wi-Fi settings, select the SSID network name shown on the printer.
- Type the password displayed on the printer into the password field.
Now, you can use your app to print images from on your Canon Pixma MP287 using your Android smartphone. You can contact our canon printer setup team for help.