Printers are universal requirements everywhere. Whether it is an organization consisting of a number of employees or for simple activities at home. Printers are quite in demand for their promptness of actions as well as utility in our daily lives. Considering these, the magnificent Canon printers are extensively used for their accuracy and efficiency. There is always a perfect demand for Canon Printers in the market. But there are times when a not-so-technical person gets perplexed with printer issues such as ‘Canon Printer Not Responding’ that they mostly refer to expert technicians for help.
Many times, your Canon printer might get struck while printing any document or photo. With a message popping up of Canon Printer Not Responding, it makes for a situation that almost always causes irritation for a person who is actually very needy of a print then and there. Then how to fix Canon Printer Not Responding Error? To resolve this problem we, as tech support experts are always ready to guide you with the best and effective solution. Not only we fix your Canon printer issues to get rid of this issue, but also saves a lot of your time &energy for you. Simply, connect to our technicians and you will get the best resolution.
While Canon Printer Not Responding may have been coming up on your printing attempt more than one time, the reason could be simple or complex depending on the complexity of the problem. Get a detailed resolution with us with the best error fixing attempt by our experts.
Canon Printer Not Responding – Reasons
Many times, you may come across an unwanted error message “Canon Printer Not Responding”. This error simply occurs during the time you attempt printing on your Canon printer. There are various possible reasons due to which this error occurs like:
- Wrong connectivity at end points, etc.
- Printer Drivers
- USB issues
- Print Spooler
- Poor Connectivity
- Hardware malfunctions
There are some general reasons for the Canon printer Not responding error. With a little technical assistance, you can resolve these issues or malfunctions.
Steps to Fix Canon Printer Not Responding Error
The best thing is that you can resolve these issues mostly by yourself. If you still find any problem in resolution you can contact us for technical support assistance from our technical support experts.
- Run Canon Printer Troubleshooter: All Windows OS’s- whether it is Windows 10 or Windows 7 – have a built-in printer troubleshooting mechanism, which helps in diagnosing and resolving the printer related issues including Canon Printer Not Responding error. Press Windows (Win) key and type “Troubleshoot” or “Troubleshooting” in the Search box. Now, click on “Printer” and then on “Run the Troubleshooter”. Follow the instructions as per the screen to complete the troubleshooting one by one.
- General Troubleshooting Guide: Whenever you find Canon Printer Not Responding error, simply check the connection of your PC with your Canon printer. Make sure your printer is properly linked to your computer via cables or wirelessly. After assuring the connectivity try to restart all the connected devices that help with the printing jobs.
- Disable 3rd Party Firewall: Canon Printer Not Responding issue is mostly caused by an overprotective and overactive firewall. It commonly happens due to the occurrence of 3rd party antivirus suites such as MacAfee, Glass Wire etc. Most of the users find that their antivirus finally hindered the spooler subsystem application. This issue can be resolved after disabling the firewall feature. If you want easy solution then uninstall the application from the Programs and Features section. For this open a Run box, type windows key+R and then type “appwiz.cpl. Press the Enter key to open Programs and Features. Right-click on it and choose the uninstall button to remove it.
- Restart Print Spooler of Canon Printer: Printer Spooler is a kind print service that is useful in managing all the print tasks. Sometimes due to some bug error this ‘Canon Printer Not Responding’ error rise. You can solve the problem by simply just restarting the printer spooler. Press Win + R -> Type SERVICES.MSC and hit Enter -> Scroll down and Double Click on Print Spooler -> In Service status Click on Stop Button and then on Start. If already you find the option in Stop stage click on start directly -> hit the OK button.
- Reconfigure the Port Correctly: For smooth working of the printer and removing the Canon Printer Not Responding issue from it, you need to configure your printer to correct printer port. Press WIN + R key and type CONTROL -> DEVICES AND PRINTERS -> RIGHT CLICK ON YOUR PRINTER -> PRINTER PROPERTIES -> GENERAL -> CHANGE PROPERTIES -> PORTS tab -> Tick the port which contains your printer name -> Apply -> GENERAL -> PRINTER TEST PAGE
- Printer Driver: Sometimes the reason for Canon Printer Not Responding error is due to corrupt printer driver or old version of the printer driver. So, either reinstall or update the version of the printer driver from the brand website.
Still, Facing ‘Canon Printer Not Responding’ Error?
We’ve hoped that these steps can fix the canon printer not responding error. If you’re unable to fix it you can contact our experts for the best Canon Printer Setup. Our experts are very good at fix canon printer not responding error.
Read – Canon Support