Have you ever experienced the frustration of not being able to print because of a Dell Printer Error? Many people have encountered this error code when attempting to use their printers. Here, we will look at how to troubleshoot and fix this common Dell Printer Error Code 007-371. It generally indicates a problem with the printer’s fuser assembly. The fuser is the component of the printer that melts the toner onto the paper and can become damaged over time due to normal wear and tear. If you’re seeing this error code, your fuser assembly likely needs to be replaced.
Factors Responsible for Dell Printer Error Code 007-371
Dell printer errors can be caused by several things. The most common cause is a malfunctioning of the Printer’s fuser assembly. However, there are other factors also that may lead to this error such as:
- Low or no toner supply in the printer.
- The fuser assembly is not properly installed.
- There is a problem with the cartridge, such as improperly seated and/or damaged.
- The Printer’s power board has been damaged or malfunctioning due to wear and tear or a power surge.
- The Printer driver settings are incorrect or outdated.
- If any of the internal components of the printer are damaged or malfunctioning
- Improper usage of the machine.
Related: Fix Dell Printer Error Code 006-370
How to Troubleshoot and Fix Dell Printer Error Code 007-371
There are a few things you can do to troubleshoot and fix the issue.
Restart the Computer
First, try restarting both your printer and your computer. This can often resolve temporary communication issues that may be causing the error. Here are the steps to restart:
- Disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet and wait for a few minutes.
- Reconnect the power cord and turn on your Computer.
- Check if the error is resolved.
- If not, restart your printer as well, then try to print again.
Restart Your Printer
To restart your printer, follow these steps:
- Turn off the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the printer.
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the printer.
- Turn on the printer, and check for the solution of Dell Printer Error Code 007-371.
Check Printer Connectivity
The error could also be caused by an issue with printer connectivity. Make sure that your printer is connected properly to your router or computer via Wi-Fi, Ethernet cable, or USB cable (depending on what type of connection you’re using). Also, check if any obstructions are blocking the signal between devices such as walls or furniture.
Update Driver Software
If the previous steps don’t resolve Dell Printer Error Code 007-371, you may need to update or reinstall your printer driver software. You can do this by following the steps below:
- Firstly, visit the official dell website at https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-in/product-support/product/dell-update/drivers
- Now, choose the operating system of your device.
- After that, select the model number of your printer.
- Check for any updates and install if available.
- Finally, check if the error persists or not.
Replace Fuser Assembly
Another step to fix the error requires the fuser assembly of your printer needs to be replaced. Here are the steps to replace it:
- Switch off your printer and unplug the power cord from its back.
- Open the rear cover of your printer and locate the fuser assembly.
- Remove the old fuser assembly and replace it with a new one.
- Finally, plug in the power cord and turn on your printer to check if the issue has been resolved or not.
Clean Cartridge Contacts
If the Dell Printer Error Code 007-371 persists, you will need to clean the cartridge contacts and reset your printer settings as below.
- Turn off your printer and unplug it from the power outlet.
- Remove the cartridges from your printer.
- Use a cotton swab or lint-free cloth dipped in distilled water to clean the ink contacts on the cartridges.
- Allow the cartridges to dry for at least 10 minutes before reinstalling them in your printer.
- Plug in your printer and turn it on. Try printing again to see if the error code has been resolved.
Reset the Printer
Press and hold the “Power” button on your printer for 60 seconds to perform a hard reset of your printer’s settings back to factory default values. This may fix any corrupted data that was causing issues with your printer’s performance. After resetting, try printing again to check if the Dell Printer Error Code 007-371 is resolved or not.
Perform a Power Cycle on the Printer
Power Cycle can often clear minor errors and get your printer back up and running.
- Turn off the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the printer.
- Wait 30 seconds, then plug the power cord back into the printer.
- Turn on the printer and see if the error code is still displayed.
How do I Fix a Dell Printer Error?
If you face Dell Printer Error Code 007-371, then you can fix it by following certain steps.
- Firstly, try restarting your printer. This may seem like an obvious solution, but sometimes a simple restart is all that is needed to fix an error.
- After that check your printer’s manual for specific instructions on how to fix the error code that you are receiving. The manual should have troubleshooting tips that can help you identify and fix the problem.
- If you are still having trouble, then contact Dell customer support for the solution.
What Causes Dell Printer to show Error Code 007-371?
Dell Printer Error Code 007-371 can be caused by a few different things. The most common cause is a problem with the communication between the printer and the computer. This can be caused by several things, including a bad cable, a loose connection, or a problem with the settings on the printer. Another possible cause of this error code is a problem with the drivers for the printer. This can be caused by outdated or corrupt drivers.
What is Dell Error 007?
Dell Error 007 is a printer error that can occur when there is a problem with the toner cartridge, paper feed, or fuser. The error can be caused by a variety of factors, and it is important to troubleshoot the problem to determine the cause and fix the issue. To fix Dell Printer Error Code 007-371, check the toner cartridge to make sure it is properly seated and there is no debris blocking the path of the laser beam. Next, check the paper feed for any jams or obstructions. Finally, check the fuser to make sure it is not damaged or defective.
How do I Reset Dell Printer?
If your Dell printer is displaying an error code, there are a few things you can do to try and fix the issue. One of the first things you should try is resetting the printer. This can be done by unplugging the printer from the power outlet for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in. Once the printer has been reset, try printing again to see if the error code has been resolved.
How do I get Rid of Dell Error 007-371?
There are various steps that you need to follow to resolve Dell Printer Error Code 007-371, these are as follows:
- Firstly, restart the printer.
- Then check the printer settings and adjust them accordingly.
- After that, open the printer’s control panel and check for any paper jams. If there is any, remove it.
- You can also clean the paper feed rollers to make sure that they are not causing the issue.
- Finally, you should reset the printer and then try to print again to see if this solves the problem.
More Helpful Guides