Dell Printers are productive and reliable printer that offers multifunctional access to the user. You can use Dell printers for printing, scanning, and copying files and documents. Also, it provides high-quality prints at an affordable cost. However, there are times when the user may face issues with the printer. Dell printer keeps going offline in certain cases. The user has to configure the ‘Dell Printer Offline’ problem depending upon the system it is using. There can be various reasons for the problem. Here, we will discuss the appropriate solution for this problem and perform certain steps to fix the error.
Why Is My Dell Printer Offline?
There can be several reasons for the ‘Dell printer keeps going offline’ problem. So, the user has to configure the exact reason for it to work on the desired solution. These can be as follows:
- Out-dated Software
- Hardware faults
- Device Incompatibility
- Firmware Updates
- Connection Problem
- Antivirus Firewall Block
So, the user has to work on these possible problems to get the solution for the printer offline problem and work online on the printer.
How to Resolve Dell Printer Offline Issue – Troubleshoot and Fix the Problem
If you are searching for the proper solution for the offline problem of the printer, then you must first work on these fixing steps below. If you know the exact reason for the problem, then you can directly ship it to its corresponding solution. Else, you can try these fixes in series to fix the issue.
Follow up with Online Settings
Firstly, you must ensure that your system recognizes the printer. Follow the steps below:
- Firstly, click on the start button and go to the Control panel.
- After that, select ‘Devices and printers.
- Go to Device Manager, and click ‘USB Root Hub’.
- Choose properties.
- Go to the ‘Power Management’ section of the menu.
- Click on the OK button.
- Lastly, restart the computer.
- After that, again go to the control panel and then go to the Network adapter.
- Click on ‘wireless adapter’, and then click on ‘properties’.
- After that, go to ‘power management.
- Un-tick the check box ‘Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power.
- Check if the Dell Printer Offline persists or not.
Update Printer Status
Another reason for the ‘Dell printer keeps going offline’ is the printer status. Sometimes, while updating the printer its status changes automatically, resulting in a Dell Printer Offline problem. You can resolve the issue by following the steps below:
- Firstly, switch OFF the printer and then switch it ON again.
- After that, click on the keys ‘Win + I’ simultaneously.
- Now, go to ‘devices’.
- Click on the ‘Devices and printers.
- After that, choose the option which is having a green mark next to it.
- Click on ‘Set as default Printer’.
- Right-click on it and choose ‘See what’s printing.
- After that, move to the left corner of the window.
- Uncheck the tick next to the options pause printing and use printing options
- Check for the solution to the Dell Printer Offline problem.
Also check: Dell printer setup
Resolve Device Incompatibility
Another main reason for the Dell printer keeps going offline problem is that the device that is connected to the printer is not compatible with it. If the device does not meet the system requirements, then it may generate issues. You need to check the compatibility of the device with the printer. If not, then replace the device with the one that is suitable to work with your printer. After that, check for the success of the problem, Dell Printer Offline.
Printer spooler Service
Another fix that you can apply for the Dell Printer Offline problem is checking the accurate functioning of the printer spooler service. Sometimes, the spooler service may halt due to printer issues. You need to check the appropriate functioning of the printer spooler. Follow the steps below for it:
- Firstly, click simultaneously on the Win + R key.
- A command prompt will open up.
- Type ‘service.msc in the open search field.
- After that, click on the OK button.
- Navigate to the list items and find Print Spooler.
- Check its status. It must be ‘running’.
- If the screen is not showing the status, then right-click on the Printer Spooler, and click on the start option.
- Alternatively, you can also choose the restart option.
- Lastly, close all the windows and check for the solution to the problem.
Disable Antivirus Firewall
There can be a situation when the antivirus in your system is blocking the activities of the printer for security concerns. In such cases, you need to disable to antivirus for some time to carry out the printing activities. After that, you can again enable the antivirus for protection.
Set as a static Address
Lastly, if all the other fixes fail, then you can change Dell Printer Offline as a static address. Follow the steps below for it:
- Firstly, go to the control panel, and choose Device Manager.
- After that, click on Properties.
- Click on Ports. Check the IP address on the screen.
- Go to the browser.
- Enter the number value to the URL.
- Now, type the username and password.
- After that, go to the Network option.
- Change its status to ‘static or manual’ if it shows manually.
- Now, hit the apply button. It will save the IP address. Note this IP address for future use.
- Now, click on ‘Add Router’s IP address.
- Hit the enter key.
- Write down the address in the blank field.
- Add the new IP address of your Printer to ensure the same connection between the two devices.
- The computer and printer will be able to communicate if they are both running on the same network connection.
- After that, click on the ‘Device Manager’ option.
- Lastly, add the printer’s IP address, if it does not shows there.
Now, check for the solution of the problem Dell Printer Offline. If still, you are still unable to make its status online, then you can contact the professional agent and try to resolve the problem. If you need more help then get in touch with dell printer support team.
More helpful posts: