- Network Name(SSID or ESSID)
- Network Key(Password, Security Key or Encryption key)
Where to find Network Name and Network Key for Brother Printer Wi-Fi setup?
To find Network key and Network Key or SSID and Password
- See the base or side of the wireless router or access point.
- Go through the documentation that comes along the wireless router or access point.
Write down the details as they may be required later on for the Brother Printer Wi-Fi setup.
How to enable Brother Printer Wi-Fi setup
Follow the easy steps below for setting up your Brother Printer wirelessly
- Proceed with the Brother Printer Wi-Fi setup. Start by connecting the power cable to your Brother machine and after that to the socket.
- Switch on the Brother Printer.
- Go to your Brother Printer’s control panel and then press the menu button.
- Now, use up and down arrow keys to select Network.
- Press OK
- Make use of up and down keys to select WLAN. After that, press OK (However, this may not be applicable for all Brother Machines).
- Once “WLAN enable” appears, tap on yes.
- Doing this will enable the wireless Network and initiate the wireless setup wizard for Brother Printer Wi-Fi setup Searching of your Network will begin
- A list of available network names will appear. Make use of up and down arrow keys to select your SSID you earlier wrote.
- After selecting your SSID from the list of SSIDs, Tap OK.
- Provide the Network key (password) and tap OK, if you are making use of authentication and encryption method. Now select yes to apply the settings for your next step towards Brother Printer Wi-Fi Setup.
- Otherwise, proceed to the next step if you are using the open system as the authentication method and encryption mode is none.
- Your Brother Printer will now try to connect the wireless network; you have chosen.
- Brother machine LCD will display connected if Brother Printer establishes connections. The printer will print the wireless connection report showing connection: OK. You are done with Brother Printer Wi-Fi Setup
- However, in case the connection fails, Brother Printer will print a report displaying an error code.
After you are done with Brother Printer Wi-Fi Setup, next download and install printer drivers, for this, you need to visit the Brother Support page and then to the downloads section. Download Full driver and software package. After that, follow the installation instructions on the page.
If you still have doubts regarding the Brother Printer Wi-Fi Setup, you can communicate with advanced printer setup experts at Brother Printer Support. The support is available round the clock to help you with printer related issues.
More helpful posts: