ASK FOR ADVANCED HELP FOR EPSON PRINTER SETUP
EPSON PRINTER SETUP
Call USA +1-805-329-3880
Absolutely Free Support Services
Epson xp410 Not Printing Black – Major Causes
Ensure that you have correctly filled in the size of the paper in your computer. Changing the size of paper from what you have selected could result in Epson xp410 Not Printing Black. Another possible reason for the error to crop up is that you might have used the wrong settings in the printer driver.
How to Fix Epson xp410 Not Printing Black
Check the ink cartridges
The ink cartridges in the printer might have dried out. The ink on your printed pages would be dry. Or the grip of the cartridges in the printer might be loose.
- Take out the ink cartridges and see if the ink has dried off.
- Replace the old ink or toner cartridges with new ones.
- Place the cartridges in their exact spot. Loose or misplaced ink or toner cartridges can result in numerous errors, Epson xp410 Not Printing Black being one of them.
- If you have just bought new ink cartridges, make sure you have taken the protective tapes off the cartridges.
The vent on the cartridges are covered with protective tape strips to protect them from any damage while transporting them. These tape strips are supposed to be removed from the cartridge vent before you place them in the printer.
- The vents on your ink or toner cartridges might be clogged. Clean them off with soft and dry cloth.
- You can try using a different cartridge. This will help you know if the error in fact has been caused by a faulty ink or toner cartridge. Print a test page.
- Place the old cartridge back in and print a test page. If the printer starts printing black, leave the cartridge as such. And if it does not, place the other cartridge in the Epson printer.
Related: Epson wf-3640 Error Code 0x97
Turn Off The Computer And The Epson Printer
This is an effective answer to most of your computer or printer related issues.
- Turn off the printer and take out the power cable and the USB connecting it to the computer. Let the printer stay idle for some minutes. Plug the cables back in and turn on the power switch. Press and hold the power button on the printer. Release the power button when the Power LED on the printer lights.
- To check if the printer has started printing black, print a ‘Test page’ also called ‘Quality Diagnostic Report’.This step will help you know if rebooting the printer has worked.
- Open the Epson printer from ‘Devices and printers’ tab. Open the ‘Manage your device’ option. You will see the ‘Print a test page’ option under the ‘Open printer app’ tab.
- You can also find the ‘Print a test page’ option on your printer panel too. Refer to the Epson printer guide to know how you can print a test page.
Also check how to resolve Epson Printer Error Code 0xf1
Thoroughly Check The Printhead to Fix Epson xp410 Not Printing Black
Printheads are responsible for spraying the ink on your papers. Epson uses Piezo inkjet print heads. These print heads are used in both the large format and the small format printers. Unlike the Thermal print heads, the Piezo print heads do not use heat to spray ink out of the nozzle. These print heads have a thin film. This film is exposed to an electric charge which in turn causes the film to vibrate. This vibration causes the film to bend and flex. This builds up pressure and forces ink from the nozzle on to the paper. Since print heads are one of the most vital parts of the printer, it must be checked on a regular basis.
- Check if the print heads are clogged. Using the printer over time can result in the clogging. Most of the printers have automatic cleaning system, but they sometimes fail to process. Clean the print heads manually.
- If your Epson printer has the automatic print head cleaning feature, try running the feature. If it does not work the first time, try two to three more times. Running the auto clean features uses up a lot of ink. therefore, keep a constant look at the process.
A well-working print head ensures that the print quality is top notch. A continuous check on the print heads will help you get rid of the Epson xp410 Not Printing Black error.
Update Printer Driver to Fix Fix Epson xp410 Not Printing Black
A printer driver is a software on your computer that helps it communicate with the Epson printer. This software translates the commands of the computer in a language that the printer understands. Keep the printer driver updated.
And outdated software can also cause the printer to completely stop functioning. If all the above methods did not help you fix the Epson xp410 Not Printing Black issue, you should also check the possibility of an outdated printer driver.
- Open the ‘Devices and printers’ feature on your computer. Go to the Epson printer and look for updates.
- You can also check for updates on the website of Epson. Log in using the model number of your printer. Under the ‘Software’ head, check if there is an update available. Click the ‘Update’ tab.
Just like any other software, the printer driver also needs to be updated on a regular basis. Old or worn-out printer driver would fail the printer to understand the commands, hence the Epson xp410 Not Printing Black error. To save time you can contact epson connect printer setup utility team for help with epson not printing black issue.