The Workforce WF-3640 offers flexible paper handling and enhanced productivity for business establishments of all types. Powered by Epson’s printing technology called PrecisionCore, the WF-3640 delivers powerful performance for all kinds of printing needs at your home or office. This amazing all-in-one printer gives fast, laser-sharp black and color text as well as print-shop-quality color prints. Plus, you save on ink with 40 percent lower printing cost than any other laser printer. This wireless printing machine easily prints from smartphones and tablets as well. Its 3 paper trays offer great versatility that can carry 500 sheets max in the front and can spare the rear tray for specialty paper or envelopes. Extra inherent features comprise auto 2-sided copy, scan, fax and a 3.5″ color touchscreen. Come to the world of efficient printing with Epson Workforce WF-3640 Wireless Setup.
Wireless is a necessity these days as Wi-Fi spreads rapidly replacing wired LAN in offices and homes. This is the purpose most high-end printers now come loaded with Wi-Fi built into them. This enables printing documents wirelessly without the use of any cables whatsoever. Anyway, before you start printing on the wonderful Epson Workforce WF-3640, you need to connect and configure your printer to print via Wi-Fi connectivity. In order for the WiFi to take charge as a medium of printing, your computer and your printer must connect to the same WiFi router or to an access point linked to the same router. While Epson WF-3640 is an all-in-one printing solution, you can avail the service through Epson Workforce WF-3640 Wireless Setup. To set up wireless printing for your Epson WF-3640, you need to follow specific steps that we describe below.
Setting Epson WF-3640 Wirelessly Using The Printer’s Control Panel
Can I connect Epson WF-3640 to my wireless network using the buttons on the printer’s control panel? Yes, you can choose or alter wireless network configurations using your printer’s control panel. Before you begin the setup process, make sure you have a network key and wireless network name. For selecting wireless network configuration from the control panel to install your product on a wireless system, you need to follow the guidelines as we go on to describe here.
It must be noted at the outset, that you need to back up your printout, fax, and network data and settings before we begin. Here are the steps of Epson Workforce WF-3640 Wireless Setup with printer’s control panel:
Turn on your Epson Workforce WF-3640 printer. Also, ensure there are no cables or USB drivers attached to it.
Press the Home button and hit the Wireless icon on the printer control panel.
A new window appears on the printer screen for the Epson Workforce WF-3640 wireless Setup.
Choose Change Settings > Wi-Fi Setup or Wi-Fi > Start Setup Wizard.
If you need to disable wireless network to set up your product with Ethernet, you may disable Wi-Fi.
- Choose the name of your wireless network or key in the name manually. To enter the wireless network name manually, choose other Networks, then select the Network SSID field. Use the keypad to enter your network name with Epson Workforce WF-3640 Wireless Setup.
- Choose the Password field to key in your wireless password with the keypad that shows up
- Press Ok when you have finished keying in your password, then select Proceed.
- Just confirm the network settings that is being displayed and choose OK to save.
- Select Done to finish the Epson Workforce WF-3640 Wireless Setup. If you require to print a network setup report, press one of the buttons for the purpose
- Return to the Home screen by pressing the home button. When the network successfully connects, the Wi-Fi icon on the LCD screen shows lit in the upper-right corner.
Related: Epson WF-3640 Not Printing Black
Epson Workforce WF-3640 Wireless Setup Using A Wireless Router Or Access Point
You can take the help of the Wi-Fi Direct mode to facilitate direct link between your printer and computer or other devices even without a access point or wireless router.
- Press the home button and press the wireless icon.
- Select Wi-Fi Setup that opens up a list of choices.
- Choose Wi-Fi Direct Setup.
- Next choose Connection Setup.
- Opt for Change Password, then choose Yes for Epson Workforce WF-3640 Wireless Setup.
In case you already linked computers or devices to your printer through Wi-Fi Direct, they will be disconnected when you alter the password.
- Now, key in the password of the Wi-Fi Direct using the keyboard that shows up. The password must invariably be at least 8 and no more than 22 characters in length. Press enter after entering the password to open a list of options.
- Scroll down to see the SSID – Wi-Fi network name and password.
- Use your wireless device or computer to choose the Wi-Fi network name SSID shown on LCD screen, then enter the password for Epson Workforce WF-3640 wireless Setup.
- Return to the Home screen by pressing the home button. On the LCD screen, you will see either a D, AP or Direct connection symbol. You should be able to directly print from your device or computer.
In case a AP, D, or Direct connection symbol doesn’t show up, Wi-Fi Direct mode might not ne enabled. Try again with the same steps.
Related: Epson Workforce 545 Not Printing
Install WF- 3640 wireless drivers using software CD:
Install the needed driver from the product CD or you can download it for Epson Workforce WF- 3640 Wireless Setup.
You can install the Epson Workforce WF-3640 drivers using a CD wizard:
- Turn on the Epson Workforce WF-3640printer by pressing the power button.
- Load the driver CD that was delivered with your Epson Workforce printer into your CD drive.
- The AutoPlay window will prompt you to Install or run the ensuing program from your media player.
- Now click on Run the file Autorun.exe.
- Windows will confirm whether you want to open the installer. Click Yes.
- Before the installation can begin, you require to review the agreements and then click on the checkbox to continue with Epson Workforce WF-3640 Wireless Setup driver installation.
- You’ll now be prompted to click Next to begin Epson Workforce WF-3640 printer driver installation. The Installer copies files from the CD and puts them to your computer.
- A menu will show choices to make it sure you select the way you want to link your computer to the printer.
- Select to connect it through a wireless network.
- A window will show up asking you connect one end of the USB cable into your laptop/computer and the other to printer.
- Your computer automatically locates your printer. Continue with next step with the installation.
- Once the installation completes, the installer will notify you about it saying the driver was successfully installed. Click Finish to complete the Epson Workforce WF-3640 Wireless Setup.
For any help in the matter, You can contact our epson connect printer setup utility team for more help.
More Helpful Guides