Canon G2012 is an all-in-one printer that allows you to print, scan and copy files. To use the printer with its full features and to enable it to print successfully, you have to download and install the software and drivers that suit it the best. The printer is used mainly in houses and in offices for its high-quality color prints. The best part of this printer is that it supports papers of all sizes. So, you do not have to arrange a specific size of paper for your prints. You can choose and pass any paper into its tray for printing. Perform the Canon G2012 Setup for the complete working of your printer and connection with your device. Here, we will discuss the setup process in detail.
System Requirements For Canon G2012 Setup
You can perform the setup and connect the device only if it is suitable for your printer. There is a list of devices that works well with the Canon G2012 Printer, and also help you to get maximum success for a long-lasting printing task.
- Windows: Windows XP (32 bits, 64 bits), Windows Vista (32 bits, 64 bits), Windows 10 (32 bits, 64 bits), Windows 8 (32 bits, 64 bits), Windows 8.1 (32 bits, 64 bits), Windows 7 (32 bits, 64 bits).
- Windows Server: Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019 corresponding to all 32 bits and 64 bits.
- Linux System
- Unix System
- Mac Operating System: Mac OS 10.01, 10.02, 10.03, 10.04, 10.05, 10.06, 10.07, 10.08, 10.09, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12, 10.13.
If your system fulfills these requirements, then you may be able to set up the device successfully with no faults and failures. You also have to download and install the appropriate drivers in your system to make it functional with the printer.
Related: Canon g2010 setup
Canon G2012 Setup Process – A Complete Guide
You can set up your printer by following up certain series of steps. It will help you to get successful results if you follow the procedure stepwise. Here, we will discuss the complete procedure for Canon 2012 Setup.
Assemble the Printer
Firstly, unpack the printer by removing all the protective tapes. And assemble including all the parts. After attaching the input and the output tray, you have to load the papers into the tray. To load the paper, firstly align the edge of the paper and flatten it from all the sides if you feel that it is curling up. Open the paper support carefully. Open the output extension by pulling out the tray. Now, place the paper facing the printing side upwards. You can place the maximum number of sheets depending upon the load limit mark assigned on the tray.
Settle Ink Tanks
Secondly, you have to settle the ink tanks at the appropriate place for successful and quality prints. To settle the ink tanks, you have to first open the Printer Driver window. Go to the Print section, and access the ‘Page Setup’ section. The screen will show you the ‘print’ option. Go to the ‘Print with’ option and choose the ink tank that you want to use. Click on the OK button to save the settings. Now proceed with the next step for ‘Canon G2012 Setup’.
Managing the Power
Switch ON the Printer by connecting it with the secure power source. Use the secure USB cable to connect the Printer with the power source. Now, click on the power button, and wait for the Printer LED light to glow. It indicates the secure turn ON of the Printer.
Installing the Drivers
Now, you have to download and install the drivers. Make sure that you use the accurate driver corresponding to your Printer. Follow the steps below to download and install the drivers successfully for Canon G2012 Setup:
- Open your computer which you want to connect with your printer.
- Connect it with a high-speed internet connection.
- Go online to the Canon official website.
- Click on the ‘Software and Driver’ section.
- Enter the name of your printer as ‘Canon G2012’.
- The screen will display the driver that is best suitable for your printer.
- Click on the download button corresponding to the driver.
- Wait for the download process to finish.
- Now, click on the downloaded link to install the driver.
- Go with the flow of instructions and check the tick corresponding to the checkbox with ‘Terms and Conditions.
- Finally, end up the process using the ‘Finish’ button.
- It now connects your computer with the printer.
If you are connecting the Printer using the wired connection with the computer, then make sure that the USB cable you use is not torn out. Also, make a tight connection to avoid any error in future. If you are using the wireless connection for Canon G2012 Setup, then you have to check that both the devices are connecting to the same network. There must be no network congestion for successful printing outputs. Make sure that the internet is running at a high speed while the printing job is going on. Place the router close to the device to avoid any fluctuation in the network.
Related: Canon lbp 2900b Wifi Setup
Check the Success of Canon G2012 Setup
To check the success of printer setup, you can give the command from your computer and test the print. It also gives you an idea of ink settlement and accurate paper loading. Follow the steps below for it:
- Check that the Printer is ON and its LED light is glowing.
- Load the papers in the input tray. Do not fill it more than its maximum mark.
- Open the setup screen for the driver.
- Select the Quick Setup section.
- Change the Print settings to ‘commonly used settings’.
- Go to ‘Additional Features, then go to media types, then finally go to ‘printing paper size’.
- You can select as is in-built values.
- Select the quality for your Printing.
- You can select the quality as ‘High’, ‘Standard’ or ‘Draft’.
- Click on the OK button.
If the printer prints the page successfully, then it means the Canon G2012 Setup is done accurately. Otherwise, you have to follow up with the troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem and get the best solution. If the issue persists then contact canon printer support team for help.