Absolutely Free Support Services
Canon e470 is an all-in-one printer that provides best quality printing solutions for the wireless connection. The printer comes up with the auto power ON functionality that switches the printer automatically whenever it encounters a printing command. It offers high quality prints using the low cost cartridges. Here, we will discuss the setup process to Connect Canon e470 Printer to WIFI. It mainly involves downloading the drivers and then installing it. After that, perform the steps to connect the two devices using the wireless connection. There is a simple process for Canon e470 Setup, which you can perform individually by following the below instructions.
Device Compatibility and System Requirements for Canon e470 Setup
To Connect Canon e470 Printer to WIFI, firstly you must check if the device is compatible to the printer or not. If the device is not compatible then you may face difficulty in the later steps and unable to perform the printing tasks. So, check the requirements below for your system to match with the printer.
|Windows Operating system||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows SP1, Windows SP2, Windows 10|
|Mac Operating System||Mac OS v10.8.5 and later|
|Paper Requirements||A4, A5, B5, letter = 60, legal = 10|
|Operating Temperature||5 to 35°C|
|Operating Humidity||10 to 90% RH|
Download and Install Printer Driver – Canon e470 Setup
To use the printer reliably for the printing solutions without any failure, you must download the software and driver package. Make sure that the drivers relates to the model number of the printer. Also, make sure to connect your system with the high speed internet connection for the downloading and installation process. Follow the steps below for the driver download:
- Firstly, open your system and connect it to the WIFI connection.
- Now, visit any browser in your system and enter the Canon official website link in the address bar.
- After that, hit the Enter key.
- The screen will display you an official page for the Canon Printers. Enter the model number of the printer as Canon e470.
- Hit the OK button.
- Now, click on the download link next to the driver option.
- Wait for the download to complete.
- Now, hit the .exe file to start the installation.
- Agree the terms of the installer by ticking the check box.
- Click on the next button and follow the on-screen instructions of the installer.
- Complete the installer steps by clicking on the next button.
- Finally, hit the Finish button.
So, it completes the download and installation of the driver to Connect Canon e470 Printer to WIFI. Next, we have to follow up with the connection process to complete the Canon e470 Setup completely. After that, we can proceed with the printing tasks remotely using the wireless connection.
Also check: Canon imageglass d570 printer setup
How to Connect Canon e470 Printer to WIFI?
For the wireless connection, firstly make sure that you are available with the high speed internet connection. Then, you need to connect both the devices to the same network for success. After that, switch ON your device and then go to ‘Network’ settings. Enter the name and password for the network you are using and finally hit the ‘Connect’ button. So, it will connect your computer with the network connection. Now, follow the steps below to proceed with the ‘Connect Canon e470 Printer to WIFI’.
- Firstly, press ‘Home’ button of the printer.
- Then, press the ‘Connection’ button.
- After that, press the WIFI option.
- Then, choose the option ‘Start Setup’.
- After that, choose the option ‘WIFI Setup Wizard’.
- After that, choose name of the ‘Wireless Network’.
- You can also use the ‘Enter Manually’ option to enter the details manually.
- After that, enter the password.
- Finally, press the OK button.
- Now, confirm the settings and click on the Start Setup option.
- You can also print the report by selecting the option “Print check Report”.
If the report prints successfully, it means that you achieve success for the ‘Connect Canon e470 Printer to WIFI’ process. Otherwise, follow up with the troubleshooting steps to fix the problem.
How Do I Connect Canon e470 Printer To My Phone?
For connecting the printer with the phone, you need to complete the ‘Connect Canon e470 Printer to WIFI’ on your phone. Follow the steps below:
- Firstly, switch ON the printer.
- After that, click on the ‘Setup Menu’.
- Now, click on the ‘Wireless Direct’ method.
- Then, connect your phone to the same network to complete the Canon e470 Setup.
- Before following up with the connection process, make sure that your android phone is compatible with the printer.
Also check: Canon e510 setup
Why Won’t My Printer Connect to My Computer?
The main factors responsible for the failure of the process ‘Connect Canon e470 Printer to WIFI’ are as follows
- Server Problems
- Devices connected to different networks
- Incompatible device
- Low Internet Connection
- Pending Updates
You need to resolve these problems and avoid them in the Canon e470 Setup process for the successful operation of the printer wirelessly over a network.
Also check: Canon selphy cp1000 setup
How Do I Setup My Canon e470 Printer?
To perform the setup process for the Canon e470 Printer to WIFI, you need to connect your system with the device that is compatible to it. The entire process requires the completion of three main steps.
- Driver downloading and installation from the official Canon website.
- Connection of the Printer with the computer using the same network connection.
- Printing the test page to analyze the successful completion of Canon e470 Setup.