Canon Pixma iX6820 is the inkjet Printer that can be used by connecting wirelessly over a network. It comes up with five different tanks corresponding to different colours. It comprises droplet technology for sharp and high-quality images. It is the best Printer to produce borderless photos. You may perform Canon Pixma iX6820 Setup by connecting it with the compatible system. The connection process further can be performed using the wired USB or the wireless network connection. It comes up with various features including, facial recognition, different layouts, organizing calendars, image organization, etc. It has the capability of printing a large number of files at a low cost and a great speed.
Device Compatibility for Canon Pixma iX6820 Setup
Pixma iX6820 is a high demanding Printer that a large number of people use for homely and official work. There is a great need to check the system requirements before following up with the setup process. Below is the list of requirements that are necessary for the system.
|Windows Operating System||Mac Operating System|
|Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista SP1, Windows Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3||Mac OS Xv10.6.8 to 10.9|
|OS Temperature: 41 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit||OS Temperature: 41 to 95 degrees F|
|OS Humidity: 10 to 90 per cent RH||OS Humidity: 10% to 90% RH|
|Hard Disk Space: 3 GB||Hard Disk Space: 1.5 GB|
|Browser: Internet Explorer 8 or later||Browser: Safari 5 or later|
|Display: XGA 1024X768||Display: XGA 1024X768|
There are also other devices to which the Printer Canon Pixma iX6820 is compatible. These are Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Android System, etc. If your Printer meets the above requirements, then you may continue to perform the Setup process following up with the download and installation and then the connection of the System and the Printer.
How Can We Connect Canon Pixma iX6820 With Our System?
To connect the Printer with the system you can use various methods of connection including,
- Wired Connection: You can use the USB cable to connect both the systems with each other.
- Wireless Connection: In this method, you need to arrange a high-speed internet connection and then connect both the devices over a network.
- WPS Connection Method: It requires the use of a WiFi Protected System that is in-build into the Printer. It is also a type of wireless connection method for Canon Pixma iX6820 Setup.
Pixma iX6820 has an in-build feature for the wireless connection. You can use the WiFi Protected Setup method for fast and reliable access to printing services. You can also use the WPS method for remote access to the Printer. It is the easiest and the flexible way of reaching your services in the minimum possible time.
Related: Canon pixma g3411 setup
Download and Install Drivers and Software Package for Canon Pixma iX6820 Setup
To continue with the setup process, you have to first make your system ready for the Printer. Downloading the driver and installing it on your device is a crucial step in the setup process. The system can communicate through these drivers and software only. Follow the steps below to download and install the software package to your computer.
- Switch ON your system, and connect it with a high-speed internet connection.
- Now, go to the official Canon website.
- Click on the ‘Driver and Software’ option.
- Write down the name and the model number as ‘Canon Pixma iX6820’.
- Hit the enter key.
- The screen will show you the appropriate and the best driver package that suits your Printer.
- Click on the download button next to it.
- Wait for the download process to finish.
- Open the downloaded file in the ‘downloads’ folder of the system.
- Run the file to install the drivers successfully.
- Click on the ‘Yes’ button to confirm your installation.
- Follow the instructions and finally complete the process by hitting the ‘Finish’ button. You are now a step away from the Canon Pixma iX6820 Setup process.
The system is now fully compatible with the Printer. You can follow up with the connection method between the two devices for starting with the printing services successfully.
Related: Canon pixma mg2522 setup
The connection between the Printer and the Device – Canon Pixma iX6820 Setup
Firstly, you can connect the printer and the device using the wired connection process. It requires the use of a fresh USB cable. Check the cable and the ports for any damage before the connection process. Connect one end of the cable with the Printer and the other end with the device. Follow the instruction on the screen to complete the connection process.
Secondly, you can connect the Printer and the Device wirelessly over a network. Follow the steps below to perform the connection process.
- Connect both the devices with the same network connection.
- Firstly connect the Printer with the internet. For this, hold the WIFI button on the printer for some time till you experience the WIFI light starts flashing.
- After the second flash, you can release the button.
- It now starts the cable-less mode of the Canon Pixma iX6820 Printer.
- It now completes the internet connection process of your Printer. You can check it by printing the network settings page of your Printer.
- Now, reach your computer and press its WIFI button.
- Connect to the network by entering its password.
- Check the successful internet connection of the computer by checking its signal strength.
- For the Canon Pixma iX6820 Setup, you need to connect both the devices to the same internet connection.
- Go to the control panel of the printer. Open ‘Devices and Printer’
- Add the name of your Printer in the ‘Add a Device’ section.
- Now, test the print page for checking the connection between the Printer and the Computer.
Continue with Printing your files and documents after the Canon Pixma iX6820 Setup is complete. You can encounter fast and high-quality services of the Printer with its super quality prints. If you need more help then dial canon printer support number.