Easy to use and affordable, Dell C1765NFW MFP laser printer is equipped with versatility that makes your task at home or office much easier. This multifunctional printer offers printing, scanning, copying and faxing functions with an easy-to-use device interface for any type of users. Dell C1765NFW Wireless Setup gives you a built-in Ethernet connectivity for easy sharing with energy-efficient features such as LED printing technology. This best suits for giving you excellent quality colour prints with easy document management software. For extra convenience, Dell C1765NFW comes with built-in WiFi.
Enjoy quick and intuitive Dell C1765NFW Setup and share your printer on a your network with embedded WiFi2. Printer setup has never been easier than with Dell C1765NFW.
Ways To Set Up Dell C1765NFW
There are different ways of connecting your Dell C1765NFW printer to your network:
- Using the printer application disc and running the wireless setup utility
- WPS method
- Dell C1765NFW Wireless Setup – automatic or Manual
Auto SSID Setup
- Press the Menu button on your printer.
- Now, push the button until System shows up; then press the Set button.
- Next, push the button until Admin Menu comes up; then press the Set button.
- Again, push the button until Network displays; then press the Set button.
- Now, again push the button until Wireless Setup shows, then push the Set button for Dell C1765NFW Wireless Setup.
- Let the Dell C1765NFW printer automatically search the access points on your wireless network.
- Again, press the button until the preferred access point shows, and then push the Set button.
- If the preferred access point does not display, you need to go to “Manual SSID Setup”. This Dell C1765NFW Setup has been described below.
- NOTE: Some hidden SSID might not display. If the SSID does not show up turn on the SSID broadcast from the router.
- Now, key in the passphrase or WEP key; press the Set button.
- It must be noted that a passphrase is a key that is encrypted and is meant for WPA2 and WPA encryption that comprises of 8 to 63 characters. It can be designated as a key on some routers or access points. For specifications for the same, you must see the manual that came with the router or access point as you go for Dell C1765NFW Wireless Setup.
Thereafter, the Restart System screen comes up and the Dell C1765NFW printer is rebooted. This completes the wireless LAN connection for the printer.
Related: Dell H625CDW Setup
Manual SSID Setup
Enter the passphrase you mentioned, and press the Set button for continuing with the Dell C1765NFW Setup.
- Press the Menu button.
- Press the button until System displays, and then press the Set button.
- Next, you need to press the button until Admin Menu comes up, and then press the Set button of the Dell C1765NFW printer.
- Now, press the button until Network shows up, and then press the Set button.
- Next, press the button on the Dell C1765NFW until Wireless Setup shows up; then press the Set button again.
- Thereafter, press the printer button until Manual Setup shows up, and then press the Set button for the next step for Dell C1765NFW Wireless Setup.
- Then, key in the SSID, and press the Set button.
- Choose the network mode from Infrastructure considering the environment, and then press the Set button.
- Now, choose the encryption type from WPA2-PSK-AES, No Security, WPA-PSK-TKIP, Mixed mode PSK or WEP.
- In case, you do not configure security for your wireless network:
- Press the Dell C1765NFW Setup button until No Security shows up, and then press the Set button.
- To use WPA2-PSK-AES, WPA-PSK-TKIP or Mixed mode PSK encryption press the button until WPA2-PSK-AES, Mixed mode WPA-PSK-TKIP or PSK comes up, and then press the Set button for Dell C1765NFW Wireless Setup.
- Now, you need to type in the passphrase and press the Set button.
- Next, choose the encryption type from WEP or No Security options.
- If you do not need to configure security for the network, you must ensure that No Security displays; then press the Set button.
The restart system screen shows up and the printer gets rebooted. This way the wireless LAN connection configuration is done.
Related: Dell B2360DN Setup
How do I connect my Dell c1765nfw to WIFI?
- Use the arrow keys to choose the Network option; press OK.
- Select WLAN option and then press OK for the next step for Dell C1765NFW Setup.
- Next, choose the Setup Wizard and press OK.
- When WLAN Enable shows up, click the ON option.
- Then your Dell C1765NFW printer starts searching for your network and displays a list of existing SSIDs.
- From the list displayed you need to choose the SSID you want and press OK.
- Now choose the Password or Network Key.
- Now your Dell C1765NFW printer attempts to link to the wireless device you have chosen. If your WiFi is connected with success, the printer’s LCD screen shows the connected message.
- Next, the Dell C1765NFW printer will print the wireless status.
- Once you have completed the Dell C1765NFW Wireless Setup, install the printer drivers and applications for operating your device from the Installer CD device.
Related: Dell B1160W Wireless Setup
One-Push Method of WPS or AOSS
- First, you must make it sure that your wireless router/access point supports either AOSS or WPS.
- Select the ‘Network’ option using up and down arrow buttons and then press OK.
- Now choose WLAN option and press OK.
- Select the AOSS/WPS press OK as a next step for Dell C1765NFW Setup.
- When WLAN Enable appears, press OK.
- This will begin the setup wizard. Press the back button to cancel.
- When ‘Press Key on rtr’ shows up on the LCD screen, press the AOSS or WPS button on the wireless access router.
- Now when you press the up arrow on the control panel of the Dell C1765NFW printer, your printer will self-detect the mode of your wireless router/access point and try to connect to your wireless network for Dell C1765NFW Wireless Setup.
- In case your WiFi is connected with success, the LCD screen of the Dell C1765NFW printer displays as ‘connected’. It will then print the printers wireless status report.
Installing Software For Dell C1765NFW Printer
- Insert the printer application installation CD that came with your Dell C1765NFW printer into your computer’s drive and go ahead with the auto installation of the Dell Printer application. Try to make it sure that you install the application on a computer that has access to any Wi-Fi network.
- Connect the computer to your printer using the USB cable that came with your printer.
- Next, click the Start button and click on “Programs.”
- Click “Dell Printers” and click on “Dell Printer Home.”
- Thereafter, click on the “Settings” tab and click “Wireless Setup Utility.”
- Choose you’re the wireless network from the list of existing networks and click on “Continue.”
- Now, key in your Wi-Fi network password. Next, click on “OK” or “Continue” if a pop-up window appears asking you to allow your Dell application to access your network after Dell C1765NFW Setup.
- Now, you need to disconnect the Dell C1765NFW printer’s USB cable when asked to do so.
This completes the Dell C1765NFW Wireless Setup and appliances and equipment on your Wi-Fi network can now print wireless via your Dell printer. If you need help then contact dell printer support team.