HP laserjet m1005 is a multifunctional laser printer that you can use for printing, scanning and copying the files, images, documents, and another printing task. It provides the high-quality output and satisfies the entire printing task connecting wirelessly or using a wired connection. It has a high efficiency that can print up to 14 pages per minute. You can use these printers for homely needs as well as business needs. It has a high yield capacity of 2000. You can perform the print, scan and copy task by making a secure connection of the printer with the computer. You need to perform HP laserjet m1005 mfp wifi setup to use the printer efficiently and download all the required drivers and software in your computer.
Device Compatibility for HP laserjet m1005 mfp wifi Setup
To use the printer efficiently and without any failures, it is necessary to check whether you connect it with the compatible device or not. You can use the printer and connect it with the device having these operating system requirements. If your device does not fulfill any of these requirements, then you need to change the device for connection with the printer.
- Windows 7 (32 bits and 64 bits)
- Windows XP (32 bits and 64 bits)
- Windows 8 (32 bits and 64 bits)
- Windows 8.1 (32 bits and 64 bits)
- Windows 10 (32 bits and 64 bits)
- Windows Vista (32 bits and 64 bits)
- Linux and Mac OS
- Android Operating System
You can also attach the printer with your android phone as it is compatible with it. It gives you an easy access to print your files and photos directly form the phone, without the need of any laptop or computer.
Related: HP LaserJet 1020 Setup
Installing and Downloading the Drivers For HP LaserJet wireless Setup
After checking the compatibility of the printer with your system, you have to download the software and drivers that matches your printer. The printing command will not work of you do not have the required drivers in your system. So, there is a great need to download these drivers and install it before commanding any printing and scanning task form the printer. It is an integral part of the HP laserjet m1005 mfp wifi setup process. Follow the steps below to download the driver online and install it:
- Switch ON your computer, laptop or PC which you want to connect with the printer.
- Now, visit the web browser and type the official link of the HP printers.
- In the home page or HP website, click on the ‘Drivers and Software’ option.
- Type the name and model number of the printer you are using. Type ‘HP laserjet m1005 mfp’.
- The screen will display the drivers’ lists that are compatible to your printer.
- Hit the download button corresponding to it.
- Wait for the download process to finish.
- After successful download, install the driver by clicking on the downloaded link.
- Go with the flow of the instructions.
- Click on the Agree the terms and conditions to proceed with the installation further.
- Click on the finish button at last.
- It now completes the installation process and you can use the computer for further HP laserjet m1005 mfp wifi setup.
If while installing the drivers, you face any issue then follow up with the troubleshooting steps to resolve the error and proceed further. The main problem can be relating to the internet connectivity issue. You have to maintain the fast speed internet connection throughout the installation process.
Related: HP Laserjet M1136 MFP Setup
HP Printer Connection Process – Follow the Steps For HP laserjet m1005 mfp wifi setup
Further you have to follow up with the connection process. To connect the printer and the device, you can either use the USB cable or make a direct connection between the two devices. But this connection is not reliable and does not allow printing remotely. The best option is to connect both devices wirelessly. You can perform hp laserjet m1005 mfp wifi setup by connecting both device over the same network. You need to maintain the high-speed internet connection for this process. Follow the steps below to connect both the devices and complete the setup process.
- Switch ON the printer.
- Access the control panel of the printer and go to Setup Wizard.
- Choose the ‘wireless’ option.
- Click the OK button.
- Now, switch ON your computer. Connect it with the same wifi network as the printer.
- Go to control panel, and then settings.
- Click on the ‘Printer and Scanner’ option.
- Click on Add a Printer.
- Choose the name of your Printer.
- Click on the OK button.
- Close all the windows.
- Check the secure connection.
- Try to send the printing command form the computer to the printer.
- If the printer prints successfully, then it indicates the success of HP laserjet m1005 mfp wifi setup.
- If the printer fails to print, then means there is some problem in your connection process.
- Check for the problem and follow up with its solution to resolve it.
The main issue of the failure of the connection process can be the internet connectivity issue, system compatibility issue, drivers not update issue, devices not connecting to the same network, and much more. You can achieve a successful HP laserjet m1005 mfp wifi setup by clearing up all the issues and restricting with the reliable procedure to follow for connection. If you need more help then contact hp printer support phone number.