With the latest in innovative technology, HP printers are fast, compact as well as efficient machines that are necessary to aid in every relevant workplace and home task that we do. HP LaserJet MFP M126NW is one of these cutting-edge printers that take care of printing, scanning, and copying your documents with its smart print technology. Set up this exquisite printer anywhere that has a built-in wireless printing feature for high speed and high-quality printing. Here, we will see what best we can do for HP LaserJet MFP M126NW Setup.
Install Drivers & Software for HP LaserJet MFP M126NW
This method tells you about installing the HP LaserJet M126NW Printer driver with software CD via Automatic Wizard.
- Turn on your computer on which you need to install the driver for the HP LaserJet printer.
- Turn on the HP LaserJet MFP M126NW printer.
- Keep the HP printer USB cable aside and do not plug it until asked.
- Insert the HP LaserJet M126NW disk into the DVD/CD slot on your computer and run the setup wizard of CD. To install it, follow the instructions that show up one by one leading to HP LaserJet Setup.
- Now connect the HP LaserJet MFP M126W printer USB cord to your computer when the driver installer wizard asks for it. Let the wizard analyze when you connect it. After your printer is recognized, it will automatically go to the next step.
- Follow the wizard instructions till the end.
- Having finished with installation, your HP Printer is ready to use for HP LaserJet MFP M126NW Setup.
Related: HP LaserJet Pro M15W Setup
Various Ways For HP LaserJet Printer
The HP Laserjet MFP M126NW setup offers you various ways to connect your printer wirelessly to the computer. However, depending on your comfort and understanding, you can choose the procedure. To know the steps, you can follow any one process for successfully setting up the printer.
Installing the HP Smart App for Printer Setup
Download the HP Smart app for Android, iPadOS, and Apple iOS, Windows 10 as well as Mac to set up and utilise your HP printer to print, copy, scan, and manage its configuration. Here are steps to follow for HP LaserJet MFP M126NW Setup by this method:
- Position your HP LaserJet MFP M126NW printer next to the Wi-Fi router for setting it up for a wireless connection.
- Ensure that the paper is stacked in the main feeder tray, and then turn the printer on.
- Now, launch the HP Smart app. In case you do not have the HP Smart app on your system, you can download it from your app store or via the 123.hp.com site.
- Now, go on follow the instruction for installation to complete the setup for your specific type of connection.
NOTE: In the scenario your HP LaserJet MFP M126NW printer does not show up or when you need to add another printer to the app, click the plus sign therein and follow the steps to add the printer.
Using Wireless Setup Wizard
HP LaserJet MFP M126NW Setup can be accomplished through the Wireless Setup Wizard as well. Therefore, you can use the Wireless Setup Wizard from the control panel of the HP LaserJet MFP M126NW printer to connect your printer to your local Wi-Fi network.
- Position the HP LaserJet printer near your Wi-Fi router.
- Make sure that the paper is stocked in the main tray. Turn your printer on.
- Choose Wireless Setup Wizard from the Network Setup menu.
- Choose your wireless network name, and then key in the password to complete the connection.
NOTE: In case, you can’t find the Wireless Setup Wizard, choose WPS or Wi-Fi Protected Setup and then follow the steps for HP LaserJet MFP M126NW Setup. This we describe below. Related: HP LaserJet P1102W Wireless Setup
Using Wi-Fi Protected Setup
This is about the steps describing the use of the WPS or Wi-Fi Protected Setup button situated within the router to link your HP LaserJet MFP M126NW setup printer to your wireless network.
- First of all, put your HP LaserJet printer closer to the Wi-Fi router.
- Turn on the printer and make sure that the paper is stacked in the main tray.
- On the control panel of the printer, push and hold the Wireless button for a minimum of 5 seconds until the light starts blinking. Or, you can press and hold the Power and Wireless buttons on the rear of the printer till the blue bar flashes.
- Within two minutes, you need to press and hold the WPS button on your router.
- Now, wait for the HP LaserJet MFP M126NW light on the printer to stop blinking indicating the end of the connection process.
HP Printer Setup Via Wi-Fi Direct For Windows 10
HP Printer Setup via Wi-Fi Direct is a method of connectivity meant for the majority of HP wireless printers. However, Wi-Fi Direct is an alternative way to connect where a local wireless network is not available. Thus, with this, you
can send a print task using a direct wireless connection between your Windows computer and the HP LaserJet MFP M126NW printer.
- First, make sure that the paper is stacked in the main tray of the printer. Turn the printer on.
- In the Windows search area, look for and open Printers and scanners.
- Within it, click ‘Add a Printer or Scanner’ to go ahead with HP LaserJet MFP M126NW Setup.
- Click on “Show Wi-Fi Direct Printers” for HP LaserJet Setup.
- Choose your HP printer with ‘DIRECT’ in its name.
- Click on Add device.
- Next, when the WPS PIN prompt shows up on your computer, search for the PIN on the control panel of the printer or inside the information sheet that was printed during the setup process.
- Furthermore, you will need to enter the PIN within 90 seconds and click on Next to complete the connection.
- In case the “a printer driver is not available” status message pops up, then you need to go to 123.hp.com to download and install the HP LaserJet MFP M126NW print driver.
- Open the application you need to print, click on File, and then click on Print.
- Choose your printer from the list that shows up, and then click on Print. This completes the HP LaserJet MFP M126NW Wireless Setup on your machine.
For technical help call the HP printer support phone number to help
HP Printer USB Cable Setup with Windows Built-in-Driver
If your printer is not connecting wirelessly or you don’t want to connect, then you can always prefer a USB cable connection. However, the wireless connection eliminates the use of a cable and allows you to print from a little far. Thus, here you are going to know how to set up the USB cable connection with the Windows built-in driver.
- On your computer, go to ‘Windows.’ Locate and open the ‘Change device installation settings.’ Ensure that ‘YES’ is selected.
- Additionally, ensure that your device has an active USB cable port and to receive the power properly in the printer do not connect the cable to the dock or USB hub.
- Now, switch ON the printer and connect the USB cord to the printer and the computer.
- If your computer screen display ‘Found a new hardware’, then do perform the prompts for installing the printer.
- However, if your printer can print, the installation of the driver is successful.
- Otherwise, continue with the procedures for adding the Printer in the Window Setting.
- On the computer window, locate and open ‘Add a Printer or a Scanner.’
- After opening, it will automatically start detecting available printers.
- If the printer is located, then tap on ‘Add device’ to finish the installation of the driver.
- Else, follow the steps in continuation for locating the printer.
- Tap on ‘The Printer that I wasn’t listed.’
- Go to ‘Find Printer by other options’ and tap on ‘Add local printer with manual settings.’
- On the ‘Choose a Printer port’ tab. Tap on ‘Use an existing port’ and from the drop-down menu, choose ‘USB001’ and then tap ‘Next.’
- Lastly, follow the on-screen instruction for installing the driver of your HP Laserjet MFP M126NW Setup of the printer.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the name of the ink cartridge that works with my HP LaserJet M126NW Printer?
The compatible cartridge with the HP LaserJet MFP M126NW setup is the HP 83A Ink Toner Cartridge and the HP 88A Ink Toner Cartridge i.e. available only in India and China.
Why is my HP printer not connecting with the printer while using a USB connection?
Disconnect the USB cord from the printer and the computer and replace it if you found the cable is longer than 3m or it’s damaged. However, if the cable is not damaged, try connecting the 2.0 USB cable to another port. Also, ensure that not to use the USB hub or docking station. After checking all this, connect the cable again to the printer and the computer.
Why is my HP Laserjet M126NW not connecting to the network?
There might be some possible issues because of which your HP Laserjet M126NW printer is not connecting to the network are – the printer is switched OFF or in sleep mode, check the internet connectivity, reboot the printer, check the printer is receiving the internet signal, and if it still not found, print a wireless test report.
What are the different ways to connect my HP Printer wirelessly to the computer?
There are many ways to connect your HP LaserJet MFP M126Nw setup to the computer – via HP Smart App, via WPS, by using the wireless setup wizard, by using WiFi direct, and by using a Windows built-in driver.