Are you facing the frustrating Samsung Printer Error Code M2-1317, it means that there is a fuser wrap jam. This error can be caused by several things, but most often it is due to a piece of paper being caught in the fuser assembly. To fix this error, you will need to remove the jammed paper from the fuser assembly and then reset the printer. Here, we will guide you through troubleshooting and resolving Fuser Wrap Jam Error in no time. At the very first step, you can try to restart the printer and check for success directly.
What Causes Samsung Printer Error Code M2-1317?
The error code m2-1317 corresponds to Fuser Wrap Jam Error. It indicates that the fuser wrap has become jammed in the printer. Several things can cause the fuser wrap to become jammed, including
- Paper that is too thick or too heavy for the printer.
- A paper jam in the printer.
- A foreign object such as a piece of paper or a pen has become caught in the printer.
- A defective fuser wrap.
Related: Samsung Printer Error Code 11-1112
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Samsung Printer Error Code M2-1317
If your printer shows an M2-1317 error, it means that there is a problem with the fuser wrap. This error can be caused by a variety of things, but the most common cause is a paper jam. Follow the troubleshooting steps below to fix this error.
Check for Paper Jams
The first thing you should do when troubleshooting this error is to check for paper jams. Open up your printer and look for any pieces of paper that may be stuck in the fuser assembly. If you find any, remove them carefully and then try printing again. To fix Samsung Printer Error Code M2-1317, follow these steps
- Check for paper jams or other obstructions in the printer.
- If you find a paper jam, remove it and try printing again.
- If you cannot find a paper jam or other obstruction, open the printer’s top cover and look for any loose toner or debris inside the printer. Remove any loose toner or debris you find and try printing again.
Clean the Fuser Assembly
If there are no paper jams, the next step is to clean the fuser assembly. You can do this by using a soft cloth soaked in distilled water. Gently wipe down all of the rollers and other parts of the assembly. Once you’re finished, dry off the assembly with a clean towel or let it air dry. Check for the success of Samsung Printer Error Code M2-1317.
Replace the Fuser Assembly
If cleaning the fuser assembly does not fix the problem, you may need to replace it. You can purchase a new fuser assembly from Samsung or an authorized Samsung dealer. Reset the Printer If all else fails, you can try resetting the printer. To do this, unplug it from the power source for at least 20 seconds and then plug it back in. This should reset the printer and hopefully fix Samsung Printer Error Code M2-1317.
Check that Printer Is Leveled Properly
Printers are designed to function best when they are level. If your printer is not level, it can cause printing problems. Use a level to check both the front and back of the printer. The printhead carriage should be level with the platen. The paper feed rollers should be level with each other. If your printer is not level, you will need to adjust it. To do this, find the leveling screws on the bottom of the printer. Loosen the screws and move the printer until it is level. Then, retighten the screws.
Related: Samsung Printer Error U2-1112
How do I fix the Jam on my Printer Samsung?
If you face Samsung Printer Error Code M2-1317, it is likely due to a fuser wrap jam. This error can occur if the fuser assembly is not installed correctly, or if there is debris preventing the fuser assembly from moving properly. To resolve this error, follow the steps below
- Make sure that the fuser assembly is installed correctly. If it is not, re-install it according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove any debris that may be blocking the fuser assembly from moving freely. This could include paper pieces, toner buildup, or other foreign objects. Use a soft cloth to gently wipe away any debris you find.
- Finally, restart your Samsung printer and try printing again.
How do you Fix a Jam on a Fuser Wrap?
To remove the jammed paper from the fuser assembly, first, make sure that the printer is turned off and unplugged. Then, open the front cover of the printer and remove any loose paper from the inside. Next, locate the fuser assembly and gently pull it out of the printer. Once you have removed the fuser assembly, locate the jammed piece of paper and remove it. Finally, reinstall the fuser assembly and close the front cover of the printer.
How to Reset Samsung Printer?
To resolve the Samsung Printer Error Code M2-1317, you will need to reset your Samsung printer. To do this, simply turn off the printer and then unplug it from power for 30 seconds. After 30 seconds have passed, plug your Samsung printer back in and turn it on. Your printer should now be reset and ready to use.
How do I Clean the Fuses on my Samsung Printer?
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to do so
- Firstly, plug your printer in from the power outlet and then open up the rear cover.
- Locate the fuser assembly inside the printer and gently remove it.
- Once the fuser assembly is removed, you will be able to see two black fuses located on it. These are the fuses that need to be cleaned.
- Use a cotton swab or a soft cloth dipped in alcohol to clean the fuses. Make sure that you do not damage them while cleaning.
- Once both fuses are clean, reinsert the fuser assembly back into its rightful place and close the rear cover of your printer.
- Plug your printer back into the power outlet and turn it on. The Samsung Printer Error Code M2-1317 should now be resolved and your Samsung printer should work properly again.
How do you Clear a Fuser Error?
The Samsung Printer Error Code M2-1317 means that there is a problem with the fuser unit. The fuser unit is what heats the toner so that it can be fused onto the paper. If the fuser unit is not working properly, it can cause the print quality to suffer or even prevent printing altogether. There are a few things that you can do to try and clear a fuser error on your Samsung printer.
- First, make sure that the printer is turned off and unplugged from the power source.
- Next, open up the front cover of the printer and locate the fuser unit.
- Once you have found the fuser unit, disconnect any cables that are connected to it, and then remove the two screws that hold it in place.
More Helpful Guides
How to Fix Samsung Printer in Error State?
Samsung Easy Wireless Setup
Samsung Xpress C480W Setup