Absolutely Free Support Services
Dell 1130 is a monochrome laser printer that comes up with an easy setup procedure and a quick installation procedure. It prints the documents with remarkable printing quality at a low cost. Here, we will discuss the complete process for Dell 1130 Printer Setup. It has an outstanding performance that makes your printing jobs reliable and effective. It works well with almost all computers, laptops, mobile phones, and tablets. You can connect the printer with your device either using a USB cable or using a wireless connection. But, before connecting the device with the Printer, make sure that it is compatible and meets all the system requirements.
Dell 1130 Printer Setup – Check Device Compatibility
There are a lot of devices with which the Dell 1130 printer works well. You can proceed with the printer connection for all these devices if it meets the requirements below:
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2000
- Windows Server 2008 X86
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows XP
- Mac Operating System – Mac OS v10.12 to v10.15
How to Download and Install Printers Driver – Dell 1130 Printer Setup
So, we know the devices that work well with the Dell 1130 printer and we can connect them. But, the connection process requires the authenticated downloading of the printer’s drivers and software package. You can simply download the drivers from the official dell website and then install them in your system. After that, follow up with the connection process to complete the Dell 1130 Printer Setup process. Follow the steps below to download the drivers:
- Firstly, go online on the official Dell website.
- Check for the drivers and software.
- Choose the driver that matches the model number of your printer as Dell 1130.
- After that, click on the ‘download’ button and wait for it to finish up.
- After you finish up with the downloading process, hit the link to launch it.
- Now, the installer window will open up on the screen.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Now, go with the flow of instructions, and finally, finish up the installation process using the ‘Finish’ button.
So, it finishes the installation process successfully. You can now connect the two devices either using a wired connection or over a WIFI network. But, the reliable way to make a long-lasting successful connection is the wireless connection method. It is stable and there are fewer chances of failure due to hardware damage and software faults. Also, you can handle the printing jobs remotely using this connection.
Also Check: How to reset dell printer
How to Connect Dell 1130 Wirelessly Using a WIFI Connection
To connect the computer with the printer, make sure to connect both the devices with the same network. If the devices are running a different WIFI network, then there will be no connection between them. Also, check that you have successfully installed the driver and software package to the computer that relates to the dell 1130 printer. Then proceed with the connection process for Dell 1130 Printer Setup.
- Firstly, connect the computer with the network connection. Search for the network name in the WIFI option. After that, enter the password of your network. Hit the ‘Connect’ button. Finally, check the ‘Connected’ status of the network.
- Now, you need to connect the printer with the same network connection. Hold and press the WIFI button of the printer. Enter the SSID name and password. Click on the OK button to make a successful connection. Check for the Printer’s WIFI LED light for a successful connection.
- Now, you need to connect both the devices, i.e. the computer and the printer. Follow the steps below for it.
- Firstly, open the control panel on your computer.
- Now, go to ‘Devices and Printers, and click on it.
- After that, choose the name of the printer and click on the connect button.
- Lastly, close all the open windows.
- Check for the success of the connection.
So, it completes the connection process for Dell 1130 Printer Setup. Now, you can test the connection by printing a test page. If the test page prints successfully, it means the printer connects with the computer and you can follow up with all your printing tasks remotely. If there is any error message, then you need to follow up with the troubleshooting procedures to resolve the problem.
Also check: Dell v305w Wifi Setup
Troubleshoot and Resolve – Dell Printer Connection Failure
If the screen shows any failure in the connection process, or you are unable to print the files or images, then follow these fixes:
- Check the Internet Connection
Firstly, check the speed of your internet. If the internet is running at a low speed, the setup process may fail. As a result, you will not be able to print the files successfully. To resolve the problem, firstly restart the router and reconnect the devices to it. Also, place the router close to your device for the maximum stable speed. In addition, disconnect all the other devices that are connected to the router to increase the speed of the network.
- Check device Compatibility
Next, you need to check the compatibility of the device. If the device is compatible with the printer, then only it will form a successful connection. So, check the system requirements and the compatibility for the Dell 1130 Printer Setup to be a success.
- Pending Updates
There can be a failure in the setup process in case of any pending updates. So, you need to check for any driver updates and perform them for a successful connection. You can go to the official Dell website to check for these updates, and if yes, then download the updated drivers and install it into your system. After that, perform the Dell 1130 Printer Setup process.
- Devices Connected to different Network
You may also achieve failure in the setup process if the computer and the printer
connected to a different network. You need to connect both the devices to the same WIFI connection for success.
If you need more help then contact dell printer setup team for help.