Printer errors can be one of the most frustrating experiences for computer users. If you have a Dell printer and are experiencing an error code, then you need to follow up with proper troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem. Here, we will discuss complete guidelines to diagnose and fix Dell Printer Error Code 106-720 for the efficient functioning of the printer. You are receiving the error code because the printer is not able to communicate with the computer. There can be several factors that may cause this issue. We will first concentrate on these causes and then follow the troubleshooting steps to fix them.
What are the Main Causes of Dell Printer Error Code 016-720?
There can be several reasons for the appearance of the 016-720 error code on your Dell printer. Some of the most common causes are listed below:
- Incorrect or Outdated Printer Drivers: Outdated or incorrect printer drivers are one of the most common causes of this error code.
- Corrupted or damaged registry entries: Another possible cause of this error is corrupt or damaged registry entries. This can be caused by several things, such as installing/uninstalling software incorrectly, malware/viruses, etc.
- Hardware Issues: This is usually due to a faulty or malfunctioning component in the printer itself. Incompatible Printer Settings: This issue can also be caused by incorrect or incompatible printer settings.
- Compatibility Issues: This issue can be caused by incompatibilities between your printer and the operating system on your computer.
Related: Dell Printer Error Code 009-654
How to Troubleshoot and Fix Dell Printer Error Code 016-720?
If your Dell printer is displaying an error code, there are a few potential causes and solutions. There are various steps that you can perform to fix it.
Restart your Printer
If your Dell printer is displaying an error code, the first thing you should do is restart the printer. This will often clear up any temporary issues that may be causing the error. To restart your printer, simply turn it off and then back on again. If the error persists, move on to the next section for more troubleshooting tips.
Check Hardware Issues
If Dell Printer Error Code 016-720 still exists, then follow the steps to resolve it:
- Check that all cables are securely connected to both the printer and the power source.
- Inspect the printer for any physical damage. If you see any damaged components, replace them with new ones.
- If the error persists, then move to the next step.
Update Printer Drivers
It is important to keep your printer drivers up to date to maintain optimal performance and avoid errors. You can update your Dell printer drivers manually or automatically. To update your drivers automatically, you can use Driver Easy. Driver Easy will scan your computer and detect any out-of-date or missing drivers. When it finds the right driver for your printer, it will download and install it automatically.
Reset the Printhead
If your printer is still not printing correctly after updating the drivers, you may need to reset the printhead. To do this, open the Dell Printer software on your computer and go to “Maintenance”. Then select “Printhead Cleaning” and follow the on-screen instructions to reset the printhead. Check for the success of Dell Printer Error Code 016-720.
Clean the Printhead
If resetting the printhead does not fix your issue, you may need to clean the printhead. To do this, open the Dell Printer software on your computer and go to “Maintenance”. Then select “Printhead Cleaning” and follow the on-screen instructions to clean the printhead.
Reset the Printer
If your Dell printer is displaying an error code, don’t panic! In most cases, the error can be resolved with a simple reset. To reset your Dell printer, follow these steps:
- Turn off the printer and unplug it from the power outlet.
- Wait for 60 seconds, then plug the printer back in and turn it on.
- Try printing again. Check for the success of Dell Printer Error Code 016-720.
Contact Dell Customer Support
If you are not able to fix the Dell Printer Error Code 016-720, then reach out to the expert Dell support team for the desired solution. The agent will help to fix the problem easily and quickly.
Related: Dell Printer Error Code 007-371
How do I Fix PDL Error 016 720?
To fix the Dell Printer Error Code 016-720, follow the steps below:
- First, make sure that the printer is properly connected to the computer.
- Next, try restarting both the computer and the printer. This will reset the communication between the two devices and may clear up the error.
- Try updating the drivers for both the computer and the printer. You can usually find updated drivers on the manufacturer’s website.
- If the issue persists, then contact the Dell customer care support executive.
How do you Force Reset a Printer?
If you are experiencing Dell Printer Error Code 016-720, there are a few things you can try to do to fix the issue. One option is to try a force reset of the printer. This can be done by unplugging the printer from the power source for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in. Once the printer has been reset, try printing again to see if the error has been fixed. If the error persists, there may be another issue causing the problem and you should contact Dell customer support for further assistance.
How do I Fix a PDL Error on my Printer?
First, try restarting both your printer and your computer. If this does not work, then check to make sure that the printer is properly connected to the computer and that there are no loose cables. Next, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the printer driver. Lastly, reset the printer to fix the error.
How do I Troubleshoot a Printer Malfunction?
If you see Dell Printer Error Code 016-720, there are a few things that you can do to try and fix the problem.
- First, check to make sure that the printer is properly connected to the computer and that all of the cables are secure.
- Next, try restarting both the printer and the computer.
- If the problem persists, check for any updates that may be available for your printer or your operating system.
- Finally, if none of these steps work, you may need to contact Dell customer support for further assistance.
More Helpful Guides
Dell Printer Error Code 006-370
How to Contact Dell Printer Support
How Do I Chat With Live Agent at Dell Printer – 24/7