Dell Printers are the most reliable machines that perform the print, copy, and scan functions efficiently. But, these printers may sometime face issues and errors. One such error is Dell Printer Error Code 077-900. It is a common error that can occur when using certain models of Dell printers. This error code indicates that the printer is not able to communicate with the computer properly. Various factors may cause this error and restrict the functionality of the printer. Here, we will focus on expert troubleshooting steps to fix the error code and use the dell printer efficiently for printing jobs.
What Causes Dell Printer Error Code 077-900?
Here are some of the most common causes: of this error.
- Incorrect or outdated printer drivers.
- Corrupted or damaged printer software.
- Hardware problems, such as a faulty print head or paper feed issue.
- Ink cartridge issues, such as an empty cartridge or one that is not properly seated.
- A clogged printhead.
Related: Dell Printer Error Code 016-720
How to Troubleshoot and Fix Dell Printer Error Code 077-900?
To fix the error, you need to first configure the actual cause of the problem and then follow the troubleshooting steps to fix it properly. Follow the below steps and check for success after each step:
Check Printer Connections
To fix the Dell printer error, the first thing you should do is check your printer’s connections. Make sure that the printer is properly plugged into an outlet and that all cables are securely connected. Also, make sure that the printer is properly connected to your wireless router. Also, try restarting both your printer and your router to see if that clears up the issue.
Update Printer Drivers and Firmware
If you are seeing the Dell Printer Error Code 077-900, it is likely because your printer’s drivers or firmware are out of date. To fix this, you will need to update your printer drivers and firmware. To update your printer drivers, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, go to Dell’s official website.
- Visit the Driver and Firmware section.
- Enter the model number of the dell printer you are using.
- After that, enter the operating system you are using.
- Lastly, check for updates.
- If there is any pending update then install it on your computer.
- Go with the flow of instructions to complete the installation.
- Finally, click on the Finish button.
Reset the Printer and Clear Jammed Paper
If your printer is displaying Dell Printer Error Code 077-900, it is likely due to a paper jam. To clear the jammed paper and reset the printer, follow these steps:
- Turn off the printer and unplug it from the power outlet.
- Remove any loose paper from the tray and around the print head.
- Gently remove any jammed paper from inside the printer. Be careful not to tear the paper as you remove it.
- Once all of the jammed paper has been removed, plug the printer back in and turn it on.
- Try printing a test page to see if the error has been cleared.
Perform a Printhead Cleaning Cycle
Below are the steps to clean the printhead and fix Dell Printer Error Code 077-900.
- Firstly, press and hold the Power button on your Dell printer for three seconds.
- Release the Power button and then press and hold the Resume button for three seconds.
- Release the Resume button and then press and hold the Power button for three seconds.
- Your printer should now be in Service Mode.
- Press the Up arrow key on the control panel to scroll through the menu until you see “Printhead Cleaning Cycle” highlighted.
- Press the Select button to start the printhead cleaning cycle. Depending on your printer model, this may take up to 10 minutes to complete. Do not interrupt the cycle once it has started.
Reset the Printer
If nothing else works to resolve the Error, then you need to reset the printer as follows:
- Disconnect the power cord from the printer and unplug it from the wall outlet.
- Wait for two minutes before reconnecting the power cord and plugging it back into the wall outlet.
- Turn on the power switch, if necessary, and wait for the printer to complete its startup process.
- Print a test page to verify that your Dell Printer Error Code 077-900 is resolved.
Related: Dell Printer Error Code 009-654
Why is my Dell Printer connected to WIFI but Offline?
Here are the steps to follow to fix Dell Printer Error Code 077-900
- Firstly, make sure that the printer is turned on and connected to the computer correctly. If the printer is not turned on, then turn it on and try again.
- After that, check the connections between the printer and the computer. Make sure that all of the cables are securely plugged in and that there are no loose connections.
- If the problem persists, then you may need to uninstall and reinstall the Dell printer drivers on your computer. To do this, go to Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- Find the listing for your Dell printer drivers and click “Uninstall”. Once the drivers have been uninstalled, restart your computer and then install the drivers again from scratch.
How do I get my Dell Wireless Printer Back Online?
Here are the steps you need to take:
- Firstly, try restarting both your computer and your printer. This can often resolve the issue.
- Then, check to make sure that your printer is properly connected to your computer. If it’s not, re-attach the cables and try again.
- Also, there may be an issue with your printer’s drivers. You can update these by going to Dell’s website and downloading the latest versions.
- Finally, if none of these solutions work, contact the Dell customer team for further help.
How do I Fix a Dell Printer Error?
There are a few things you can do to fix Dell Printer Error Code 077-900.
- First, make sure the printer is turned on and connected to your computer. If it’s not, turn it on and try again.
- Next, check the cable that connects your printer to your computer. Make sure it’s plugged in firmly and securely.
- If that doesn’t work, try restarting your computer and then your printer. Sometimes this can clear up communication issues.
- Finally, if nothing else works, you may need to uninstall and reinstall your printer drivers. This should be a last resort, as it can be time-consuming and tricky.
How do I Restore my Dell Printer to Factory Settings?
To restore your Dell printer to its factory settings, follow the steps below:
- Press the Menu button on the printer control panel.
- Select Setup from the menu.
- Select Restore Factory Defaults from the setup menu.
- Press the Start button to begin the restoration process.
- Your printer will restart and all of its settings will be reverted to their defaults.
- Check for the resolution of Dell Printer Error Code 077-900.
More Helpful Guides