Canon G2020 comes up with an ink tank refill system that supports the requirements of a multifunctional Printer. You can use this printer for print, scan and copy functions. It supports fast, reliable, and cost-friendly printing solutions. To use the printer and get its benefits, you have to first perform Canon G2020 Setup. It supports both wired as well as wireless connections. However, the wireless connection is preferable as it is reliable, and you can give the printing commands even remotely. In this article, we will be discussing the complete procedure to set up your printer entirely including, Canon G2020 WIFI Setup. You need to assemble the printer and the computer at the first step to proceed with the canon setup process.
Device Compatibility – System Requirements for Canon G2020 Setup
To set up the printer using the wired connection or the wireless connection, there is a great need to check if the system is compatible with the Printer or not. If the system is not compatible, then there are chances of failure in the Setup process. For the system to be compatible, it must meet the requirements below:
|Windows Operating System
|Mac Operating System
|Other Operating System
|Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1
|Mac OS 10.12.6 to 10.15
|Hard Disk: 1.5GB or more
|Windows Server 2022, 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008
How to Complete the Canon G2020 Printer Setup?
This is the primary step of your Canon G2020 printer setup. Thus, you need to follow these simple steps to install and set up some of the mandatory components.
- Firstly, remove the printer from its packaged box carefully. After this, eliminate all the outside protective packaging and tape.
- Now, remove all the orange tapes from the printer. The tapes can be inside and on the sides of the scanner, printer ink cartridges, etc.
- Pull up the printer door from the middle. Open the ink cartridge nibs that are in dark blue in the printer.
- Take the print head cartridge that came with the printer and hold it from the sides. Also, remove the tapes from the cartridge.
- Now install the print heads.
- Subsequently, take the Canon BK ink that came with the printer and pour it inside the printer’s ink jar.
- Now, connect the printer power cable to the plug and then switch ON the printer.
- After this, load the plain A4 size or LTR paper.
- Thus, the printer setup is complete. Now, you need to connect the printer to the computer.
Steps to Connect Canon G2020 Printer with the Computer
Follow the steps below for Canon G2020 Setup. Make sure that you check the system requirements before proceeding with the setup process.
- Starting the Wizard
- Navigate to the Control Panel.
- Move to the section ‘Devices and Printers’.
- Click on the option ‘Add a Printer’.
- The screen will open up a window with ‘Add a Printer’.
- Adding a Printer
- To add a Printer, click the icon you can relate to your Printer.
- Click on the Next button.
- Click on the network option to configure it.
- Click on the Next button if you can successfully relate to the server.
- Canon g2020 WIFI Setup completion
- Go with the flow of instructions and click the Finish button at last.
- Navigate to ‘Devices and Printers’ to check the icon for the shared connection between the Printer and the computer.
- It now completes the Canon g2020 Setup process for final printing.
The Canon G2020 Setup is incomplete without proper installation of the driver and software package. So, we will now download and install the driver to make the Printer work precisely with the computer.
Download and Install Drivers For Canon G2020 Setup
Arrange a high-speed internet connection and a computer that you want to connect with the printer for print, copy, and scan commands. Make sure that the system is compatible with the printer and meets its requirements. Perform the step below to proceed with installing the software and driver package.
- Switch ON the computer, and connect it to the high-speed internet connection. Make sure to use the same network with which you are connecting your Printer.
- Now, go online to the official website of Canon Printers.
- Locate and navigate to ‘Drivers and Software.’
- Enter the name and model number of your Printer as Canon g2020 Setup.
- The screen will display a list of Drivers that are suitable for your printer.
- Download the Software and Driver Package by clicking on the Download button.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- As soon as the download finishes, click the link to open the file and begin the installation process.
- Go with the flow of the instructions. If the screen prompts you for the installation, then click on the “Yes” button.
- Finally, complete the installation process by hitting the ‘Finish’ button successfully.
After completing the installations you can now perform the Canon g2020 WIFI Setup or the wired setup depending upon the suitability.
How to Connect Canon G2020 Printer Wirelessly?
For the connection process, you have to make sure that both the Printer and the computer are connecting to the same network connection. Now perform the steps below:
- On the Printer panel, locate the WPS button.
- Check the security standards for the Network. It must correspond to WPA or WPA2.
- Turn ON your Printer.
- Press the WIFI button and hold it for a few seconds.
- Wait for the light to flash.
- As the LED light goes blue, move to the access point and click on the WPS button.
- The Printer will search for the connection and flashes its LED light.
- Now, check the lights corresponding to the power button and the WIFI button. It must glow to denote the connection.
- As soon as the light stops flashing and glows brightly, it denotes a successful connection.
Canon G2020 Setup – Wired Connection Using USB Cable
If you face any issues with the Canon G2020 WIFI Setup, then you can perform the wired connection process for the Printer. To connect the Printer and the Computer using a USB cable, arrange the cable that is not damaged and is fresh to start with. Follow the steps below:
- Switch ON your Printer and the Computer.
- Take the USB cord. Connect one side end of the cable to the Computer and the other side end to the Printer.
- Wait for the connection to establish. Make sure that the ports are working accurately and are not damaged.
- The computer screen will show the connection process.
- Go with the flow of the instruction.
- Click on Add a Printer
- Add the Printer by hitting the name of your Printer.
- Check for success.
However, Canon g2020 WIFI Setup is much more preferable and reliable as compared to the wired connection process. Thus, you do not have to worry about any hardware faults in the wireless connection process. Also, you can remotely access the Printer from your computer. After a successful connection with the Printer, you can print the test page to confirm the Canon g2020 Setup. If the test page prints successfully, it means a successful connection is built between the Printer and the Computer. If the test page fails to print then you have to follow up with the troubleshooting process to resolve the error and proceed with the Setup.
How to Setup the Canon G2020 printer to Windows 10 in S mode?
To set up the Canon G2020 printer setup to Windows 10 in S mode, you need to follow some easy and straightforward steps. Thus, before moving on to the steps, you must go through some of the important highlights.
Important points you must see before setting up the printer to Windows 10 in S mode.
- Firstly to download the printer and driver, your computer or tablet must have a connection to the Internet.
- The printer driver needs to be installed and downloaded from the Internet depending on your printer.
- The software “Canon Inkjet Printer Utility” only works with the supported models.
Thus, after going through the key points, you can follow the steps to connect the printer to Windows 10 in S mode.
- Firstly, you need to connect the computer or tablet to the Canon printer with the help of a USB cord.
- Once connected, the printer and software will be installed automatically. Thus, after the successful detection of the printer driver, the software “Canon Inkjet Print Utility” for the detailed printer will also be downloaded automatically.
- Now, start the Canon Inkjet print Utility software, and from the ‘Select Model’ screen choose your printer.
- Lastly, follow the instructions for a successful connection.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the steps to install the Canon G2020 printer for the first time?
- Firstly, eliminate all orange tapes from the printer.
- Install the printer print head.
- Plug in the printer cable to the power and Switch it ON.
- Pour black and colored ink into the printer ink cartridge.
- Load the stack of A4 size or LTR paper in the printer.
With this, the setup is completed.
Why my Canon G2020 printer is not connecting to the computer?
To let your Canon G2020 printer connect properly to the computer, firstly you need to remove the printer and uninstall all the driver from the computer and restart it. Hence, again reinstall the latest printer driver.
How to download the driver and the software for the Canon G2020 setup?
Go to the default browser of your computer and visit the official Canon printer website. Go to ‘Support’ and click on ‘Software & Driver.’ Enter the Printer model and click on download the software.
What is the compatible device with the Canon G2020 printer?
The device that is compatible with Canon printer is Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server 2022, 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and Mac OS 10.12.6 to 10.15, etc.
Check: Canon Printer Support